Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: OK 1.3 is out, what is the difference Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by myvirtualagents on July-14-2005 at 12:29am
View myvirtualagents's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by myvirtualagents Search   Visit myvirtualagents's Homepage www   Quote myvirtualagents Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
myvirtualagents
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
May-28-2005
60 Posts

Ok, after installing the Microsoft JVM, that corrected the preview.

My other question is, I understand the difference such listed below between 1.25 and 1.3

[+]New activation policy is adopted
[+]More skin templates are available
[+]Virtual tours published from 1.30 can be viewed in JRE 1.5

But! What other advantages are there with 1.30.  I know people had sent in request for bugs that we all found in the 1.25, but I do not see any of those bugs corrected.

For Example:

The auto tour movie.  Unless you resize your images to 315 x 215 you will have to copy and past the movie and click on each image scene and change the zoom level.  This process can take a long time you want to use a higher mega pixel photo and if you have 30 or more pictures.

With 1.3, I see no changes with this problem.

Another Example:

Many people request there be a undo button with TW.  I see that was not added into 1.3

Another Example:

Font correction.  You can set your font at 24pt, but when you publish the tour it is more like 18pt.

It seems to me the biggest feature that was added to TW 1.3 was the new activation process.  Which is benefits Easypano and not the customers who have paid a high price for this software.  Maybe it would have been better for Easypano to perfect the software before it worried so much about the activation process.  I truly feel if a company puts out a great product, then people will not mind paying a high price for that software.  Overall, I do like TW, but it is not as user friendly as it should be.

I would like to know what happened to all the requests that TW 1.25 customers sent in for Easypano to fix and correct these problems in TW 1.3

I would like to know if I was the only person that thought there would be some major changes that would fix and correct some of the bugs with 1.25.

WHAT HAPPENED???

I guess if major changes had been made like from PW 3.01 to 4.0, then we would have to pay another high price to upgrade.  Why is 1.3 a free upgrade to 1.25 customers, but PW 4.0 is a major cost upgrade option for PW 3.01 customers?

Message posted by BigGreenFurryTh on July-14-2005 at 9:08am
View BigGreenFurryTh's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by BigGreenFurryTh Search   Visit BigGreenFurryTh's Homepage www   Quote BigGreenFurryTh Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
BigGreenFurryTh
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
January-07-2005
49 Posts
The reason for the free upgrade is simple and sort of answered in your own post: there are not any significant changes to justify charging.

PW 3 to 4 added some significant new features so justified the new release number and pricing. Whereas TW 1.25 to 1.3 is primarily a "point" upgrade largely to change the activation feature which gave a few problems in PW 4.

My guess is that EasyPano has learned from the PW4 experience and is making sure the activation process works before making changes the code. At least, that what I hope they're doing. It would be nice to hear it from them. Hint, hint...

Mark

Message posted by ajay on July-14-2005 at 11:43am
View ajay's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by ajay Search   Visit ajay's Homepage www   Quote ajay Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
ajay
Gold Member
Gold Member

November-09-2004
167 Posts
Just been reading about the new G2 viewer from Immervision.com which enables full screen Java panoramas. If we are going to pay a significant premium for the new TW2 when it is released next year, such an option would be well worth paying for-seems to me a better way forward than ActiveX
Alan

-------------
aj

Message posted by virtualsv on July-14-2005 at 12:18pm
View virtualsv's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by virtualsv Search   Visit virtualsv's Homepage www   Quote virtualsv Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
virtualsv
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
June-09-2005
118 Posts
I think I will never buy another easypano program again, too many problems.

-------------
Miguel Martinez
Virtual Tour Designer
360 Design Studio (Formally known as VirtualSV)
support@360designstudio.com

Message posted by myvirtualagents on July-14-2005 at 5:02pm
View myvirtualagents's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by myvirtualagents Search   Visit myvirtualagents's Homepage www   Quote myvirtualagents Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
myvirtualagents
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
May-28-2005
60 Posts
I do agree.  It is tough to see all the bugs until you purchase the full verision and use the software for a few weeks, then you start seeing all the little problems.  I do agree with other user, maybe Easypano should consider lowering their price until they have the product more suitable.

Message posted by jane on July-15-2005 at 3:29am
View jane's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by jane Search   Quote jane Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
jane
Standard Member
Standard Member

August-31-2004
30 Posts

Hi, Tourweaver 1.30 is a minor update. The bugs will be fixed in Tourweaver 2.00, which is a major upgrade. We have put all feature requests from our customers in the wishlist of Tourweaver 2.00.

We adopt new activation policy in Tourweaver for two reasons:
1)To fight against piracy and better protect Easypano copyright as well as user's interests.
2)In Panoweaver 4.00, we employ this activation policy. Panoweaver and Tourweaver are both virtual tour creating software. They belong to Virtual Tour Suite package. If they use two different activation mechanism, customers will feel confused.

Maybe it brings some trouble to you. Please accept our apology. We will try our best to perfect all the features in Tourweaver 2.00.

Best regards,
Jane 

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register