Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: Autorun CDs Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by PleaseHelp! on July-30-2005 at 10:33am
View PleaseHelp!'s Profile Profile   Search for other posts by PleaseHelp! Search   Quote PleaseHelp! Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
PleaseHelp!
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
June-30-2005
11 Posts

Tourweaver can automatically create the files for an autorun cd when you publish it, but the cd's are not customer friendly.  When you pop in the cd, that ugly white pages comes up where it tells you to click the hyperlink below to view the tour.  We know if we open up that file in notepad and change the html we can make it look nicer, but we are not too familiar with html (we search online for code tags and insert them in).  Are there any graphical html editors that you would suggest?  We want to be able to graphically design the page, and then get the html code to paste into the file.  Also, is there any way to bypass that page altogether and have the tour pop up right away when the cd is inserted?  If so, how would we do that?  Would we just edit the autorun file in notepad and delete the file for that "white page" and insert the file for the tour?  Thanks, any information will be appreciated.

Message posted by smooth on July-30-2005 at 12:19pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Just open the autorun in notepad and adjust the text to point only to the page with your tour instead of the "white page".

There are many HTML editors. There is one from www.coffeecup.com that is cheap and has a good forum for newbies.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by VT360 on August-01-2005 at 10:55pm
View VT360's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by VT360 Search   Quote VT360 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
VT360
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

January-04-2003
751 Posts

PleaseHelp!,

Tourweaver has only 2 pages of topics and 3 of the topics are related to autorun.

You could probably find more than enough info searching for the term autorun

in this forum.

The links below will help you plenty. If you're still stuck let us know.

http://easypano.com/forum/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=6&TopicID=1381&PagePosition=1

http://easypano.com/forum/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=6&TopicID=771&PagePosition=2

Message posted by PleaseHelp! on August-06-2005 at 11:57am
View PleaseHelp!'s Profile Profile   Search for other posts by PleaseHelp! Search   Quote PleaseHelp! Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
PleaseHelp!
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
June-30-2005
11 Posts

Message posted by cuetoyou on August-07-2005 at 4:09pm
View cuetoyou's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by cuetoyou Search   Visit cuetoyou's Homepage www   Quote cuetoyou Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
cuetoyou
Gold Member
Gold Member

February-21-2005
127 Posts

Hi

For what it's worth...

I have been having trouble getting the autorun feature to work at all for me. So I downloaded a free trial version of an autorun.inf file editor called AutorunInfEditor from http://www.moonvalley.com/autoruninfeditor/

You fill in a couple of fields and hey presto, now my CD's autorun. You can, as has been mentioned previously, point the .inf file to any startup file you like.

Check it out, it might be all you need.

Hope this helps
Glenn

Message posted by ajay on August-09-2005 at 9:06am
View ajay's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by ajay Search   Visit ajay's Homepage www   Quote ajay Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
ajay
Gold Member
Gold Member

November-09-2004
167 Posts

Glenn

Had a look at this. What file in the published tour are you pointing the .inf at?

Alan

-------------
aj

Message posted by smooth on August-09-2005 at 12:55pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

The autorun should point to the html file that contains the java tour.

The only reason for the launcher.html is so you could specify a "Sized" window. If you plan a non sized window then it is not required.

Using the above mentioned you would need to point to " opener.exe nameoftheurl.html " Being sure to place all components including the opener.exe in the root directory of the CD. (I.E Not within a folder)

Really an autorun.inf is a very simple and basic text file and a program is not really needed. But seeing it is free you might as well have it.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by cuetoyou on August-09-2005 at 4:24pm
View cuetoyou's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by cuetoyou Search   Visit cuetoyou's Homepage www   Quote cuetoyou Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
cuetoyou
Gold Member
Gold Member

February-21-2005
127 Posts

Ajay

My published tour, amongst other things includes two html files. One called index.html and another called this_is_the_tour.html. Index.html is a kind of splash screen if you like, gives a brief overview of what the demo is for. There is also a link which says "click here to see the demo tour". Clicking on this takes the viewer to the actual tour.

So in a nutshell, the .inf points to an html file. Could be the TW tour html file or any other html file. Whatever you want to display when the CD is inserted.

Having said all this, the first autorun cd I created using this worked. Now I am trying to create a different autorun cd  with different content and am having problems again! As Smooth says, the .inf is a "very simple and basic txt file", but certainly for me it is proving to be "very simple and flakey txt file". If I get to the bottom of my troubles I will let you know.

Glenn

Message posted by smooth on August-10-2005 at 2:41am
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Where are you stuck Glenn? Maybe I can help?

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by 360texas on August-10-2005 at 2:08pm
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

You can download a free Auto-start utility (and alot of other free powertool utilities) at Karens website.

http://www.karenware.com/powertools/powertools.asp

Scroll down to Mar 13, 2001 Auto run inf.

To first use this set of powertools, you will need to do a 1 time download of Visual Basic Runtime v6.0, after that everything should work fine.

I made a demo folder, the created one .inf that points to index.htm on the cd-r.  After that I just copy it over to the next one.

Dave

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register