Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Multiple Maps? Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by kefinn on August-11-2005 at 6:01pm
View kefinn's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by kefinn Search   Quote kefinn Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
kefinn
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
August-11-2005
25 Posts

I've read some of the previous mentions of people wanting to feature multiple floors within an applet. Have there been any inroads to solving this yet? I've been scratching my head for weeks over this. One solution that would seem to work for me would be if there was a text link for say "2nd floor" and that merely indexed the map viewer to a different portion of map area much like an "anchor" on a page in Dreamweaver. Any ideas on how one might go about doing this?

Thanks,

Kevin

Message posted by RuddersUK on August-12-2005 at 4:30am
View RuddersUK's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by RuddersUK Search   Visit RuddersUK's Homepage www   Quote RuddersUK Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
RuddersUK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United Kingdom
July-16-2004
372 Posts
Hi Kev. Unfortunately its not possible to have more than 1 map using TW. BUT... if your not bothered about the rotating radar effect you can design your skin to have as many maps as you like! Check out a tour we did last year with this feature. edenhealthandfitness/tour

Message posted by kefinn on August-13-2005 at 6:55am
View kefinn's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by kefinn Search   Quote kefinn Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
kefinn
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
August-11-2005
25 Posts

Hello Rudders,

Thank you, that option did not occur to me. While I like what you did, and will probably use that idea for some instances, I'd still love to find a way to get all floorplans to share same map window, so as not to give up so much valuable "real estate" for other elements. I have a proposal project that would require a minimum of 20 maps to be successful. So unless there is a practical way to index them, I won't have a chance at winning the bid.

Kevin

Message posted by RuddersUK on August-13-2005 at 8:47am
View RuddersUK's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by RuddersUK Search   Visit RuddersUK's Homepage www   Quote RuddersUK Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
RuddersUK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United Kingdom
July-16-2004
372 Posts
You can also control the applet TW produces using API javascript, maybe it could be done using this?? check out your help file for more info.

Message posted by kefinn on August-13-2005 at 9:03am
kefinn
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
August-11-2005
25 Posts

Rudders,

Thanks for your quick response on these questions. I have one more for you.

How would I go about doing your ealier suggestion of having multiple maps on a skin?

From what I understand, once you grab a map from the left menu, it "greys out" and you no longer have that option. What am I not considering?

Thanks Kevin

Message posted by RuddersUK on August-13-2005 at 9:31am
RuddersUK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United Kingdom
July-16-2004
372 Posts
For that one we didn't use the map feature. The skin was designed so the maps where just normal flat images inserted on the background (this way you can have as many as required) then just simply used scene link buttons to load the images

Message posted by kefinn on August-13-2005 at 11:16am
kefinn
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
August-11-2005
25 Posts

Rudders,

As I started to experiment just now, I began to suspect the answer would be something like that. It's a great trick. I will definitely use it.

Thanks,

Kevin

Message posted by Kerry Rudy on August-13-2005 at 2:08pm
View Kerry Rudy's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Kerry Rudy Search   Visit Kerry Rudy's Homepage www   Quote Kerry Rudy Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Kerry Rudy
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
February-19-2005
104 Posts
Here is a possible solution. It has various choices. You select a floor to start, but you can select the other floor once on a floor. I could have had it so that viewers could click on the picture and it take them to the first floor.

Sample Tour

Just another choice!
Kerry

Message posted by kefinn on August-14-2005 at 12:13am
kefinn
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
August-11-2005
25 Posts

Thanks Kerry.

I checked out your example. The time it took for the seperate applets to load for each floor wasn't as bad as I feared it would be. When you upload something like that to say realtor.com, do you have to pay for more than one tour bc it's divided into multiple applets?

Kevin

Message posted by phoenixrising on August-15-2005 at 6:33am
View phoenixrising's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by phoenixrising Search   Quote phoenixrising Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
phoenixrising
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United Kingdom
January-16-2003
974 Posts
Hi guys, you can also add a very large map and allow for scrolling. It may not be very elegant, however, you'll be able to add say five floors as one large map allowing the visitor to scroll up and down (or left to right) so as to access the various maps. The other alternative is to have multiple tours for each floor. Benefit is that you limit the amount of panos needing to load for each floor... alas does require new tour to load per floor.

-------------
If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register