Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: Any tours made with one shot lense Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by Wide-Eyes on August-21-2005 at 1:00am
View Wide-Eyes's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Wide-Eyes Search   Visit Wide-Eyes's Homepage www   Quote Wide-Eyes Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Wide-Eyes
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-03-2005
569 Posts

Hi everybody.

I am considering to buy the one shot lense from www.0-360.com in order to make low budget virtual tours.

All the examples look pretty good when you consider it is a one shot solution. I would like to know if any of you have any experience with this one shot lense??? Is it really possible to create panoramas of the quality at their site without any problems?? Or are the examples the result of heavy post processing??

The reason I ask is that if I am to buy the lense it have to work as a solution that is very little time consuming. Just want to go in and ouy in no time, and spend no (well only a little) time on post processing, in order to be able to offer this solution at a very low cost.

Best regards

Morten Andersen

- a newbie trying to improve

Message posted by rfh12002 on August-21-2005 at 3:18am
View rfh12002's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by rfh12002 Search   Visit rfh12002's Homepage www   Quote rfh12002 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
rfh12002
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

July-07-2005
770 Posts

Hi there

I use one of them.  Results  are  varied  although  once  you  have done  loads  of  trial and error shots life gets  better.  Fortunately  the quality  isnt  crucial  for  my  use.

There  is  lots  of information  on  how to  use  a one-shot  like  that  on www.panoguide.com  and  its  forum.  If  you  want to  know  how  to  set one  up   please  ask  and  I  will stick  that here  as  well.

Message posted by inter6300 on August-21-2005 at 4:56am
View inter6300's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by inter6300 Search   Visit inter6300's Homepage www   Quote inter6300 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
inter6300
Standard Member
Standard Member
Switzerland
December-16-2004
84 Posts

Hi

Could you give us a link with some of your one-shot panos?

regards, Markus

-------------
http://www.powertext.ch Canon 20D / Sigma 8mm / Roundshot VR-Drive

Message posted by rfh12002 on August-21-2005 at 6:43am
View rfh12002's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by rfh12002 Search   Visit rfh12002's Homepage www   Quote rfh12002 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
rfh12002
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

July-07-2005
770 Posts

Oh god - some are trully awful!

I could send you some to play with but they arent posted

Message posted by RuddersUK on August-21-2005 at 9:27am
View RuddersUK's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by RuddersUK Search   Visit RuddersUK's Homepage www   Quote RuddersUK Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
RuddersUK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United Kingdom
July-16-2004
372 Posts
The one shot lens, and 'panoramics' are old technology. In many peoples opinions they are substandard when compared to fully immersive images. Although its only 'one shot' you lose up to 60% of the potential image. They are good for personal use but commercially we should all be producing fully immersive images by now. It is quite possible to only take 2 or 3 shots and hardly any post processing to give decent quality images, If the camera is set up right etc.

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register