Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: Skin shows, no tour Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by pixelator on September-23-2005 at 6:08pm
View pixelator's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by pixelator Search   Visit pixelator's Homepage www   Quote pixelator Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
pixelator
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-21-2005
502 Posts

Please Help!

Working on skin for my logo to show, it works  However my tours are not showing  When you look at the gallery bottom left of screen applet started.  If maybe someone could check my source code and see what I am missing?  I have changed the uppercase to lowercase and still nothing.  Is there supposed to be a param for the image itself?  I am not seeing one.  Any help at all is greatly, greatly, greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Pixel

Message posted by jane on September-26-2005 at 2:12am
View jane's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by jane Search   Quote jane Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
jane
Standard Member
Standard Member

August-31-2004
30 Posts

Hi,

Do you name the scene folder as "scene" with a lowercase letter "s"? Maybe your web server is case-sensitive. Please rename it as "Scene" to have another try.

Best regards,
Jane

Message posted by pixelator on October-21-2005 at 7:43am
View pixelator's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by pixelator Search   Visit pixelator's Homepage www   Quote pixelator Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
pixelator
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-21-2005
502 Posts

A big thanks to Fitz for helping me out.  File structure is key for TW to work properly. 

Pixel

Message posted by pixelator on October-27-2005 at 11:47pm
pixelator
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-21-2005
502 Posts

I have no hair left !!  Is there a money back guarantee with this product?  Fitz did help and I have a tour showing thanks to him.  I have sat in front of this computer for 7 straight hours trying to produce this tour.  Nothing? Open TW, Create waiting gif (which works fine), preview tour (nothing), publish tour, copy code from TW output, keep file structure unchanged, change scene to Scene, place in my web and I get a glipse of my waiting gif with no tour.  EASYpano?? Can some one out there PLEASE HELP

Thanks, (hairless pixel)

Message posted by smooth on October-28-2005 at 1:56am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Pixel,

I have just had a quick look at your files and your pano.jpg image is listed at 1.52MB (way too BIG) your panorama images should be no larger than 500kb and really in this size viewer under 200kb.

Also when I tried downloading your files for some strange reason your file extensions get confused I.E: When attempting to download the Scene folder it wants to download as a .htm page and the twviewer.jar file as a .zip file (this is very strange!) When you upload what mode are you in BINARY or ASCII or maybe you have it in auto mode? Also what program do you use for your FTP uploads?

I really don't think your issue is with Tourweaver as such but something else.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by Fitz on October-28-2005 at 2:05am
View Fitz's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Fitz Search   Visit Fitz's Homepage www   Quote Fitz Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Fitz
Standard Member
Standard Member
South Africa
August-02-2005
43 Posts

Hairless Pixel

Send me the tour and I'll try to show where you going wrong.

I know you frustrated but I doubt it's the programs problem, in my experience the program works well, bar one or to things which we can  look forward to in the next version.

My motto is to keep it simple[8D], do not go scratching in code or changing folder names as EASYpano works as it is.

Look forward to helping you

Steve

Message posted by pixelator on October-28-2005 at 9:37am
pixelator
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-21-2005
502 Posts

Thanks Guys for the response, was begining to wonder if there was any one out in cyber space 

@Smooth, (file to large) was trying to make the perfect pano, editing in PS following the instructions on this thread Something did go very wrong ? I will try again a brand new stitch and compression on the file.  Maybe I should have waited to start celebrating until the pano was viewable (my head is hurting this morning) Oh, I use what is called ftp navigator (when using ftp as my way to publish)  However, I have been using the publish option in TW then copy the folders and files place them in my directory in Frontpage and publish to server.

@Fitz, I'll send the tour over your way, appreciate ya.  I have been keeping it simple as noted in my last post, I am not scratching in any code, simply change the name of the "scene folder to Scene"

Thanks a bunch for the help mates, I really appreciate it.

Growing Hair Pixel

Message posted by pixelator on October-28-2005 at 9:48pm
pixelator
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-21-2005
502 Posts

Yeee-Haw,

Look at it

A big thank you to Fitz!  Published tour using TW.  Go figure that I'm not pleased with the results however.  Needs to be sharper and less pixelated (in my opinion)  Thanks also go out to Smooth for pointing me in the diriction my file was extremely large.  So I used this thread to base my calculations on image and viewer size.  @360texas, I would like more info on making this pano with more clarity (non-pixelated) man did I loose quality from what I had.  By the way I would like to go ahead and let all the world know that you need a viewer on your skin when you create a tour in TW.  Yes I feel like a complete dumb a 

Thanks Guys, I do appreciate all the help.

Drunken Pixel

Message posted by smooth on October-29-2005 at 12:29pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Pixel,

Mate, I knew it wasn't the problem of the Tourweaver software! I'm glad Fitz helped you out and got your procedure in check.

Your panorama setting is very nice and has the potential to be a very nice panorama. Like you said you have lost clarity and it has become pixelated. This mate, is part of the learning curve and what sets some apart from the others. You learn as you experiment and this panorama is by far the best you have produced and really you haven't been playing for very long. So you must be congratulated on this panorama.

I would be happy to have a go at your original images and give you some pointers if you like. We all have different ways to get our finished results.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by pixelator on October-29-2005 at 6:37pm
pixelator
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-21-2005
502 Posts

Thanks for the comments smooth.  I will be sending the images your way via email.

Pixel

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register