Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: 0-360 Lens For Virtual Tours Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by kropke on October-05-2005 at 7:12pm
View kropke's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by kropke Search   Quote kropke Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
kropke
Gold Member
Gold Member

June-08-2005
113 Posts

If there is anyone here that uses the 0-360 lens, could you please tell me if you are having a problem with the light blowing out the windows?  I have done everything in my power but it seems to always happen.  Your input would be really appreciated.

Thanks

Message posted by pixelator on October-05-2005 at 10:40pm
View pixelator's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by pixelator Search   Visit pixelator's Homepage www   Quote pixelator Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
pixelator
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-21-2005
502 Posts

Hey Kropke,

I do not use that lens.  If you could supply a link with more info on it we can may be help you out.  What type of camera are you using?  Most of us here use the sigma 8mm (fisheye)  Window wash can be handled in a couple of different ways.  Check out photomatix If your camera ables you to shoot brackiting at + &- stops this is some pretty niffty software that will help you with your problem, and of course there is photoshop.

Hope this helped,

Pixel

Message posted by ajay on October-06-2005 at 12:09pm
View ajay's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by ajay Search   Visit ajay's Homepage www   Quote ajay Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
ajay
Gold Member
Gold Member

November-09-2004
167 Posts
You have a number of options
1 Close the curtains
2 Shoot early evening when the sun is not directly on the window area (remembering to turn all the lights on in the room)
3 Take a photo at correct exposure for room, and another underexposed, where windows are ok. Merge the two in photoshop using layers
4 Take 6 or 7 photos and blend using Photomatix or similar.

-------------
aj

Message posted by kropke on October-06-2005 at 6:55pm
View kropke's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by kropke Search   Quote kropke Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
kropke
Gold Member
Gold Member

June-08-2005
113 Posts

I like the option with photoshop.  Thank you.  I will try it.

Kim

Message posted by Pamela on October-12-2005 at 12:22pm
View Pamela's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Pamela Search   Visit Pamela's Homepage www   Quote Pamela Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Pamela
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
October-12-2005
4 Posts

Hi,

I use the 0-360 lens for my virtual tours.  I don't know what it is, but sometimes I get great pictures showing outside through the windows and other times I get windows with the washout.  It seems to happen when the sun is at its brightest.  If anyone has any ideas how it can be more consistent, that would be great.  Sorry I couldn't offer any great help.

Pam

Message posted by rfh12002 on October-13-2005 at 11:44am
View rfh12002's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by rfh12002 Search   Visit rfh12002's Homepage www   Quote rfh12002 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
rfh12002
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

July-07-2005
770 Posts

Look at this site - it came recommended on here !

http://www.hdrsoft.com/

PS Does anyone else get parallel 'tramlines' running around some of their images and not others with the 0-360 lens?

Message posted by kropke on October-13-2005 at 10:00pm
kropke
Gold Member
Gold Member

June-08-2005
113 Posts

I am not familiar with the word tramlines.  What are you referring to?  I'd like to know if I am having the same issues.

The one issue I am having they suggested I use a rubberband for.  The lens will move from the weight of it.  If you have any better ideas, please pass them on.

I am going to download the software that you sent the link for.  Thank you. 

Out of curiousity, do you use the recommended settings for the camera that 0-360 suggests: aperture priority 22-27-32?  Although my tours are coming out well, I am not really getting the hang of the right settings yet.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Message posted by rfh12002 on October-14-2005 at 8:48am
View rfh12002's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by rfh12002 Search   Visit rfh12002's Homepage www   Quote rfh12002 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
rfh12002
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

July-07-2005
770 Posts

Hi there

The tramlines thing are two faint lines which go around my panoramas, well some of them anyway. I think it must be a reflection from somewhere but I haven't figured it out yet.

www.panoguide.com is a great place to look for 0-360 lenses.  One tip I got from there which really helped is to see if your camera lets you autofocus on certain areas (rather than a box in the middle of the screen).  Getting the focus on a one shot pano is hard as you are often under the camera looking up and autofocus normally doesnt help as it focuses on the middle of the shot rather than the 'donut' ring.

Using autofocus and setting it to focus on an area outside the box really helped me. There are lots of good people on that forum as well. People here and on that one helped me more than I can say!

Message posted by kropke on October-17-2005 at 7:25am
kropke
Gold Member
Gold Member

June-08-2005
113 Posts

My camera will allow you to spot focus outside of the box but I am curious where you think the focus should be? 

Message posted by smooth on October-17-2005 at 12:51pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Shooting with a 0-360 One Shot mirror lens your camera should be in macro mode. If you are using a DSLR you will get best results using a macro lens. Your focus is on the mirror.

Regards, Smooth

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register