Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: Tour won't load, please help! Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by tdmerch on October-19-2005 at 11:06am
View tdmerch's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by tdmerch Search   Visit tdmerch's Homepage www   Quote tdmerch Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
tdmerch
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
March-06-2003
56 Posts

Hi,

Can someone please take a look to see why my recent VTs are not loading?

I've been producing VTs the same way using Easypano software for a couple years.  When I complete a project I zip the files up and put the zip file on my server for my clients to access.  All three tours I have just finished that my clients upload to their servers will not load past the splash screen.  They say they have all the files.  I have always compressed the jpeg files but when I sent updated files without the compression and they still don't load.

Is there anything new going on with firewalls?  I don't know how to confirm if all the files are in the proper order on someone elses server.

Here is the link to the a couple tours:

Inns of the Valley: http://www.innsofthevalley.com/main.html

http://www.pinehurstinn.com/m_vt/index.html

Here is the VT on my site of Inns of the Valley: http://www.go360media.com/iotv/

Thanks for your help, I don't understand this.

Tom

Message posted by Fitz on October-19-2005 at 11:56am
View Fitz's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Fitz Search   Visit Fitz's Homepage www   Quote Fitz Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Fitz
Standard Member
Standard Member
South Africa
August-02-2005
43 Posts

Hi Tom

Change  the file extensions of the images within your scenes folder to jpg's and  then the tours should load.

Message posted by pixelator on October-19-2005 at 8:54pm
View pixelator's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by pixelator Search   Visit pixelator's Homepage www   Quote pixelator Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
pixelator
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-21-2005
502 Posts

Hello Tom,

Sorry I can not help for I too have the same problem.  Mine is a little worse, TW will not publish any tour at all! been working on it for over a month.  Can not figure it out.  Skin loads, waiting gif loads, bottom left corner of screen says Applet TWViewer started.  I have renamed files from T to t and a whole lot of other things that are too many to mention and still no luck.  So sorry I could not help and not sure why there is not more help here on the TW forum?  Figured I would post to see if we can get some help on producing panos through TW.  Thanks Fitz for the reply but my extension is showing .jpg  How about yours Tom? 

Regards, Pixel

Message posted by Fitz on October-20-2005 at 1:06am
View Fitz's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Fitz Search   Visit Fitz's Homepage www   Quote Fitz Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Fitz
Standard Member
Standard Member
South Africa
August-02-2005
43 Posts

Hi Pixel

You welcome to send me all the bits and pieces of your tour and I'll see if I can get it to work.

Tom's first image was a jp1.

Message posted by inter6300 on October-20-2005 at 3:48am
View inter6300's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by inter6300 Search   Visit inter6300's Homepage www   Quote inter6300 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
inter6300
Standard Member
Standard Member
Switzerland
December-16-2004
84 Posts
Hi Tom

Try this Example

archive   ="http://www.innsofthevalley.com/twviewer.jar"

point to the directory where the "twviwer.jar" file is on your server

regards, Markus

-------------
http://www.powertext.ch Canon 20D / Sigma 8mm / Roundshot VR-Drive

Message posted by super_anne on October-20-2005 at 5:21am
View super_anne's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by super_anne Search   Quote super_anne Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
super_anne
Standard Member
Standard Member

April-29-2005
44 Posts

Hi,

I have examined your tour and found that the applet can not find folder Scene.

First, please make sure that you have uploaded all the files, including the folder "Scene".

Second, please make sure that all the files are put in the same directory. The folder "Scene" should be under the same directory with . html file.

Third, please make sure that there is no space between the letters or unusual letters in the filename. For example, my tour.html is the wrong name, while mytour.html is the correct name.  And to name files in English is preferred.

Message posted by tdmerch on October-20-2005 at 3:12pm
View tdmerch's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by tdmerch Search   Visit tdmerch's Homepage www   Quote tdmerch Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
tdmerch
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
March-06-2003
56 Posts

Because I had 3 tours at the same time that did not load I was freaking out but I think I have it figured out, although I don't understand why it is happening.

Once I packaged the program with straight JPG files and my client uploaded the new set of files, the tour worked.  This is the 2nd time my tours did not play on someone elses server with encripted JPGs.  I like that feature because I don't want people using the shots without my permission.

My Inns of the Valley client may have the folder and files out of order.  I put the tour on my server until I can see what she did.

Thanks for your input, you are all great!

Tom

Message posted by cholo on October-31-2005 at 7:43pm
View cholo's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by cholo Search   Visit cholo's Homepage www   Quote cholo Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
cholo
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
October-31-2005
2 Posts

I have the same problem.

Any advice?

http://oregon-coast-real-estate.net/wl/Tourviewer_index.html

Test worked Fine

http://oregon-coast-real-estate.net/test/Tourviewer_index.html

-------------
Thanks

Allan

Message posted by johnfl68 on October-31-2005 at 10:26pm
View johnfl68's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by johnfl68 Search   Visit johnfl68's Homepage www   Quote johnfl68 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
johnfl68
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
May-27-2005
70 Posts
Cholo:

For some reason your tour (1st link) is looking in the Scene folder for a image called sala.jp1 which does not exist, but you do have sala.jpg.

I believe this has something to do with the fact that you may have selected copyright protection by encryption for the images. I have not used this option, so I am not sure how it works or is supposed to work.

Helpfull tip for those trying to solve tour problems, you can use the Java Console to help with problems. Right Click on the java icon in the system tray, and select Open Console. This will show you any errors that may be happening while the tour is open.

Hope this helps, maybe someone will chime in who knows more on the image encryption aspect.

John

Message posted by smooth on October-31-2005 at 10:55pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

When the file name ends in .jp1 this means you have used the encryption.

When you elect not to encrypt the panorama images the file extension remains .jpg

Regards, Smooth

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register