Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: Need relative file LINKS!!!! Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by ecodevoman on October-19-2005 at 11:11pm
View ecodevoman's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by ecodevoman Search   Quote ecodevoman Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
ecodevoman
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
October-16-2004
32 Posts

Could the designers PLEASE either make addressing relative or provide the choice of relative vs. absolute in the image list?

I'm always moving my projects around and there doesn't seem to be any way to open a saved project in a different location without deleting and loading the images for the new location...which pretty much defeats the purpose of saving a project, doesn't it?

MAKE THIS AN UPDATE...MAKE IT FREE. This is a serious flaw. In the meantime, is there a text reference file somewhere associated with a tour that I can manually change the file path to point to the correct directory?

Message posted by rickske on October-20-2005 at 1:01am
View rickske's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by rickske Search   Visit rickske's Homepage www   Quote rickske Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
rickske
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
January-11-2005
34 Posts
I agree with ecodevoman. If Easypano can work out alot of the flaws associated with the program then it would be worth every penny that I spent, but so far I'm about 70% satisfied with the program.

If you can also fix the initial movie state of the images where they appear pixelated and needs to have every frame optimized to the original width of the image. I am referring to this link right here. Thanks.

rickske

Message posted by phoenixrising on October-20-2005 at 5:41am
View phoenixrising's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by phoenixrising Search   Quote phoenixrising Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
phoenixrising
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United Kingdom
January-16-2003
974 Posts

I also agree. This is the biggest flaw of TW. This issue solved would increase the usability to a great extent. I shoot around 40.000 fotos a year and have to move my files all the time... resulting in much time wasted having to rebuild tour work.

I also agree with the Movie issue. I don't really understand why the initial image, if a still, needs to be reset.

-------------
If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.

Message posted by rickske on October-20-2005 at 3:23pm
View rickske's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by rickske Search   Visit rickske's Homepage www   Quote rickske Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
rickske
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
January-11-2005
34 Posts
Should we make this a sticky and have Easypano software engineers look at what needs to be troubleshooted or is there already a thread like this? Another suggestion is having the audio compatible with mp3's, wavs, etc. There has got to be a way to get better sound quality besides the .au file.

Message posted by super_anne on October-21-2005 at 12:52am
View super_anne's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by super_anne Search   Quote super_anne Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
super_anne
Standard Member
Standard Member

April-29-2005
44 Posts

Thanks for your suggestions.

We will submit these ideas to our development department and try to improve in the future and do our best to satisfy your needs.

Please don't hesitate to let us know if there is any other suggestion.

Message posted by ecodevoman on October-21-2005 at 2:00pm
View ecodevoman's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by ecodevoman Search   Quote ecodevoman Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
ecodevoman
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
October-16-2004
32 Posts

Another file issue relates to defaults:

Tourweaver defaults to its director for icons and such for placement on maps and pics elsewhere. It is frustrating to reinput the path for each image file that is in a different location. Most windows programs remember the last location used. Photoshop does this well, as a model to look at.

An addition or alternative would also be to create a master configuration screen (like Internet explorer has) to set macro user-preferred defaults and file locations for the program and not each individual tour. 

With this addition, we could configure our logos, icon directories, photo directories as needed to streamline production processes.

Implementing the suggestions in this thread would begin to make tourweaver feel like a functional piece of mainstream software! 

Message posted by phoenixrising on October-23-2005 at 12:02pm
View phoenixrising's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by phoenixrising Search   Quote phoenixrising Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
phoenixrising
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United Kingdom
January-16-2003
974 Posts
Well said there ecodevoman.

-------------
If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.

Message posted by rfh12002 on October-23-2005 at 2:34pm
View rfh12002's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by rfh12002 Search   Visit rfh12002's Homepage www   Quote rfh12002 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
rfh12002
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

July-07-2005
770 Posts

FWIW

I totally agree with all the comments above - many found from hours of having to 'redo' stuff. Love the programme but it does need tweaking.

On my wish list (aside from those above)

ability to have larger tours - by that I mean ones that can go over 30 - 40 mb without playing up

ability to form an .exe file

ability to have movies added (and by that I mean avi files etc) I think the easypano term of 'movie' needs altered as it was confusing when I first started out.

Like I said nice product but these are my top 'wishlist' items !

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register