Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: Use of shortcuts??? Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by Crafty on October-20-2005 at 9:39am
View Crafty's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Crafty Search   Visit Crafty's Homepage www   Quote Crafty Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Crafty
Gold Member
Gold Member
United Kingdom
September-16-2005
127 Posts

Hi All

Once again I need a little help!

Firstly could anyone (Smooth?) advise if it is legal to put the java and quicktime logos/links on my website for visitors to download or do you need some sort of permission.

Secondly if anyone has the time to take a look at my first ever effort (in panos and web building) I would appreciate comments as to the images (Iknow the website is a little "rough" but its an ongoing project.

http://www.360panoramics.co.uk

Many thanks

Message posted by smooth on October-20-2005 at 12:56pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Hi Crafty,

You are allowed to use the logo's for the download links no problem.

Using the logo's else where will be fine so long as you don't modify them in anyway and they are relevant to the subject. These companies are more than happy for you to help promote their product.

Your site is coming along nicely. Keep at it.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by phoenixrising on October-20-2005 at 2:10pm
View phoenixrising's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by phoenixrising Search   Quote phoenixrising Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
phoenixrising
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United Kingdom
January-16-2003
974 Posts
I agree with Smooth. I like ur Panos... good work done there.

-------------
If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.

Message posted by Crafty on October-20-2005 at 2:14pm
View Crafty's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Crafty Search   Visit Crafty's Homepage www   Quote Crafty Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Crafty
Gold Member
Gold Member
United Kingdom
September-16-2005
127 Posts

Thanks for your time (again) guys. Its a lot to learn but I'm really getting into it now!!

Message posted by rfh12002 on October-27-2005 at 6:09pm
View rfh12002's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by rfh12002 Search   Visit rfh12002's Homepage www   Quote rfh12002 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
rfh12002
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

July-07-2005
770 Posts

Hi there

If its ok to piggyback onto this thread...I take it you are only allowed to 'point' customers at the java website rather than add the java exe on your own disc?

Would make life easier if i could add it as a patch...

Cheers all

F

Message posted by johnfl68 on October-27-2005 at 7:19pm
View johnfl68's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by johnfl68 Search   Visit johnfl68's Homepage www   Quote johnfl68 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
johnfl68
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
May-27-2005
70 Posts
Basically no, you are not to put the installers on your cd, unless you get a License to do so. You are allowed to get the logos to put on your website, with a link to java's or quicktime's download sites. You can get a License to distribute, but this usually involves alot of legal issues and money.

From Sun (Java):

Internet deployment

If you would like to have your internet customers download Sun's Java Runtime Enivronment (JRE) to run your applets inside Internet Explorer, you should consider hosting the Java(tm) Technology Logos at your web site. More information is available about the logos at:

http://logos.sun.com/logosite.jsp?Category=third#java

When users click on any one of these logos, they will be prompted with a security dialog box asking if they want to install and run Java Plug-in, signed and distributed by Sun Microsystems. If they agree to install, the browser will download and launch the installer. The user will have to go through a few installer dialogs to successfully install Java Plug-in on their system. After a successfull installation, the user will see a message in the browser congragulating them, and they will also see a Java logo icon in the system tray, which indicates that they are successfully running the Sun's JRE.

From Apple (Quicktime):

Downloading and Using the QuickTime Logo
If you host QuickTime content on your website, you may use the QuickTime Web Badge in accordance with Apple's QuickTime Web Badge guidelines.

http://www.apple.com/about/webbadges/badges1.html

Message posted by rfh12002 on October-28-2005 at 9:23am
View rfh12002's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by rfh12002 Search   Visit rfh12002's Homepage www   Quote rfh12002 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
rfh12002
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

July-07-2005
770 Posts

Dear John

Thanks for that - it was good to get such a clear response.

Cheers

F

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register