Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Correct Website Preparation Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by ecodevoman on October-25-2005 at 2:22am
View ecodevoman's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by ecodevoman Search   Quote ecodevoman Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
ecodevoman
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
October-16-2004
32 Posts

Am I to understand that when Tourweaver outputs a tour published for the web, that the format and subdirectories are not directly usable? I tried publishing directly to a subdirectory on the website, and I also tried saving it locally and uploading the structure via FTP. Either way, the tours do not work. Usually nothing happens. Sometimes I can get it to come up. But either way, customers aren't able to bring it up.

HELP? I was looking at the other posts, but I wanted to get clarificaiton on this first: Should it work as published?

Message posted by phoenixrising on October-25-2005 at 5:59am
View phoenixrising's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by phoenixrising Search   Quote phoenixrising Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
phoenixrising
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United Kingdom
January-16-2003
974 Posts

You should keep all files generated by TW in on file and link to the tw.html. TW's output is designed to asct as an html page. If ur tours do not work then u should do the above, ensure that u have no non english letters in ur file names and ensure that u have no spaces in file names eg kitchen picuture.jp is wrong kitchenpicture.jpg is correct.

If u want, I'll send u a tour including the vtp file for u to look at.

-------------
If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.

Message posted by rfh12002 on October-25-2005 at 2:04pm
View rfh12002's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by rfh12002 Search   Visit rfh12002's Homepage www   Quote rfh12002 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
rfh12002
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

July-07-2005
770 Posts

Phoenix if it is at all possible could I have that too?

Im using netobjects fusion and Im new to web design. My tours arent designed for the web but it would be useful to have the knowledge.

Many thanks

forresthowie@aol.com

Message posted by ecodevoman on October-25-2005 at 5:35pm
View ecodevoman's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by ecodevoman Search   Quote ecodevoman Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
ecodevoman
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
October-16-2004
32 Posts

I still can't get it to work right with TW 1.3. I just made a mockup, safed it local and uploaded everything just as TW generated it to my website at: www.klamath.net/wr

I had saved the file as index, so it should come up. The automatically generated splash page comes up, but the index link seems to upen up aother window, but the skin and tour does not show up.

I can send anyone the whole thing for analysis, because I can't determine what I did wrong, if anything. I've had other people try to open it and they can't either.

I always use DOS file naming conventions and there are no non-ascii characters. I left all structures exactly as they came out of TW. Has anyone else had these problems with 1.3?

Message posted by ecodevoman on October-25-2005 at 5:36pm
ecodevoman
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
October-16-2004
32 Posts
Now I tried the link again and it worked. Kind of sporatic...works sometimes, sometimes not.

Message posted by ecodevoman on October-26-2005 at 3:10am
ecodevoman
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
October-16-2004
32 Posts
Still having problems with people accessing from different machines using the canned output from tourweaver. Some reports I'm receiving indicate that a refernce box shows up on the menu bar that says "skin-microsoft Inter..." and it hangs without bringing up a window or proceeding further. I checked my system to ensure there was no popup blocker. But just in case this is the problem for many viewers, is there any way to change the code so that the link opens the tour in the same window rather than a new window?

Message posted by smooth on October-26-2005 at 11:23am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

I tested your link with Internet Explorer 6.0 and Microsoft JVM and loaded and worked AOK.

You have used the chromeless window option which is useless and will only cause problems. You do not have to use both windows if you like you can just use the window that the tour is on. Look up it's name and then either use it as the initial link or rename that page to whatever it is you would like it called.

You should when requesting people to help you with testing/viewing your tours get them to tell you what browser and what version of java they are using to help diagnose your issue.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by 360texas on October-26-2005 at 12:57pm
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts
I tried with IE6 and MS Jvm. Screen opened full with the TW box in the upper left corner of the screen. It worked fine switching between panoramas.

I tried with Firefox (1.0.7) and Sun Java 2 Version 1.5.0 (build 1.5.0_04-b05) and the screen opened as a resized smaller box in the center of the screen but still played ok.. switching between panoramas.

I think it is the browser type and java engine used that causes the differences.

What browser and java engine are you using ?

Dave

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by ecodevoman on October-30-2005 at 1:44pm
ecodevoman
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
October-16-2004
32 Posts

STILL PROBLEMS

Today the previous link won't work. This happens more often than not. Using Explorer 6.0. Cant' get it to open in AOL either. It seems to create a window for the tour but doesn't follow through with running it. There is buton on the windows bar at the bottom of the screen for it, but clicking on it won't oepn it up.

I also tried copying the default tour link code into a new page and that seems to have a different problem. Just get a page error. This is a new page with tourweaver's default code: www.klamath.net/wr/tour.htm

Why doesn't this one work? Is there a reference somewhere for the anatomy of the link syntax? I couldn't find anything of the sort in Easypano's TW help file. I want to know exactly what that link code requires and in what syntax. For example, I'd like to configure it to start the tour in the existing window, not a new one. There are probably a lot of people out there with popup blockers who's system blocks the tour window from popping up. It is not realistic to ask them all to turn off their software in order to view the tour.

The lack of information on something that should be simple like a tourlink is very frustrating.

Message posted by ecodevoman on October-30-2005 at 2:00pm
ecodevoman
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
October-16-2004
32 Posts

I just got the page error message to go away by copying the corresponding javascript header code from their default output into the new page. See the before and after:

www.klamath.net/wr/tour.htm

After:

www.klamath.net/wr/tour2.htm

Which brings up a couple of questions:

1) How are people getting links to work? Are they modifying the sample page, or is everyone else copying the javascript like I just did?

2) Why doesn't the TW sample page output say anything about needing the javascript code? It gives instructions for using a default link that do not work!

ARGH!!!

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register