Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: Tour Movie movement Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by johnfl68 on November-14-2005 at 12:03pm
View johnfl68's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by johnfl68 Search   Visit johnfl68's Homepage www   Quote johnfl68 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
johnfl68
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
May-27-2005
70 Posts
Am I missing something?
Instead of panning from left to right in a movie, I want to tilt from top to bottom. (Think Eiffel tower - a view from the top to bottom and then pan around as normal)

But there seems to be no way to turn off Direction (clockwise or Anti-clockwise), so that it moves from top to bottom - it is panning at the same time.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

John

Message posted by ajay on November-15-2005 at 4:35am
View ajay's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by ajay Search   Visit ajay's Homepage www   Quote ajay Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
ajay
Gold Member
Gold Member

November-09-2004
167 Posts
You can do this in the movie section of TW. Experiment. Create a new movie, paste one pano into the movie. Try changing the fov, pan , tilt numbers. You need to set a path.
Try

-------------
aj

Message posted by johnfl68 on November-15-2005 at 9:12am
View johnfl68's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by johnfl68 Search   Visit johnfl68's Homepage www   Quote johnfl68 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
johnfl68
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
May-27-2005
70 Posts
I can change Time, Pan, Tilt, and FOV for keyframes in the movie section fine. But as I said before, the only options for Direction are Clockwise and Anti-Clockwise, so changes to other elements work fine, as long as you want the image to rotate.

What I would like to do would work if there was a No Rotation option under Direction, but there is not, and I can find no means of turning Direction off.

John

Message posted by ajay on November-16-2005 at 4:26am
View ajay's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by ajay Search   Visit ajay's Homepage www   Quote ajay Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
ajay
Gold Member
Gold Member

November-09-2004
167 Posts
You can set your own path, up down right left etc in the movie. Treat each little box as a frame. Start at the pov you select using the onscreen pano (zoom in move left right etc using the buttons below the pano), click insert, next frame change pov, insert, next frame and so on until you have defined the path you want the viewer to see.

-------------
aj

Message posted by smooth on November-16-2005 at 7:35am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

What John is asking is not possible to my knowledge. I have never seen an applet that defaults to panning up and down rather than side to side.

Though you can set paths and adjust tilts etc. This is not a panorama applet that default to vertical rotation rather than horizontal.

I can't see any reason why the programmers couldn't implement this function but like I said I have never seen one.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by ajay on November-16-2005 at 10:48am
ajay
Gold Member
Gold Member

November-09-2004
167 Posts
I think you can do what John is asking. EP did something similar in their demos for TW. i.e. Start at the top and pan down, then go into rotation. You set this up in the movie area.

-------------
aj

Message posted by smooth on November-16-2005 at 10:57am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Yes but I don't think he wants to go into auto rotation horizontally (ever). That is the issue. He wants to go into rotation vertically. (or at least bounce vertically) From top of building to bottom and back again (repeat)

Regards, Smooth  

Message posted by ajay on November-16-2005 at 12:37pm
ajay
Gold Member
Gold Member

November-09-2004
167 Posts
Smooth

John says "Think Eiffel tower - a view from the top to bottom and then pan around as normal"

I quickly knocked a quick sample together see attached, which I think is close to what he is looking for seeLink

-------------
aj

Message posted by ajay on November-16-2005 at 12:45pm
ajay
Gold Member
Gold Member

November-09-2004
167 Posts
Not forgetting that you can turn the movie off autoplay. Have your first frame looking upwards and instructing viewer to pan down manually, not elegant, but works.

-------------
aj

Message posted by smooth on November-16-2005 at 11:38pm
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Yes Alan, that works fine. But not really what is wanted. The movie should have autoplay in vertical mode. Panning side to side should be the same as panning up or down in a regular applet.

Maybe John can clear up exactly what it is he really wants?

I still say, the viewer should have the option of vertical or horizontal autoplay (your choice when building the tour) this would make it one up on the opposition tour making software products.

Regards, Smooth

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register