Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: Lag at VT Start Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by kropke on December-15-2005 at 9:00am
View kropke's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by kropke Search   Quote kropke Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
kropke
Gold Member
Gold Member

June-08-2005
113 Posts

Hopefully someone can offer some insight.  My client is very happy with the tours that I am doing for her real estate company.  Her only question is if there is a way to eliminate the lag time at the beginning of each tour.  She says that the waiting image will lag but once the tour starts, it's fine.  Could my files be too large and it's taking time for the tour to load?  I don't know because I can't recreate the lag on my system...On mine it starts right up.  Maybe someone can take a look at one.  Here is the link, your input on the lag and quality of the tour would be appreciated.  Thanks!  http://www.soscorporate.com/tours/Chant/054926/054926.htm

Message posted by johnfl68 on December-15-2005 at 9:38am
View johnfl68's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by johnfl68 Search   Visit johnfl68's Homepage www   Quote johnfl68 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
johnfl68
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
May-27-2005
70 Posts
Everything played fine and normal for me.

There are many variables that I have seen that can contribute to this; processor speed, Java version, browser, system memory, etc.

Older slower systems tend to take longer loading java.

Also connection speed may play a role, as when the tour first loads, it has to load all the elements for the inital view. After that, all the images are already loaded on the local machine, so it plays nice throughout.

John

Message posted by sonoran on December-15-2005 at 1:22pm
View sonoran's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by sonoran Search   Quote sonoran Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
sonoran
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
November-05-2005
11 Posts

Krope, here is what I do. Add a picture of the front of the property to the waiting image in the "SKIN Module" of Tourweaver. This way if users have to wait for the tour to start they are at least viewing the property as they wait.

1  In Tourweaver go to file/new and pick your viewer

2. click on the "SKIN" button on the menu

3. It should open with the "skin" already chosen in the property window at the    top right hand corner.

3. At the bottom of the properties under Behavior is the waiting image property. Click in the window to the right and the Browse button appears. Click the button and the properties window for the Waiting image opens. Under the properties/WaitingImage you can click and the browse button appears again. Just go and pick the image you want to appear in the background as the tour image is loading.

4. You can also change the scrollbar color here if you like.

5. Good Luck! Hope this helps.

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register