Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Comprehensive Bug List Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by JayL on December-25-2005 at 2:15pm
View JayL's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by JayL Search   Quote JayL Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
JayL
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
December-25-2005
2 Posts

I have been test driving the TW demo and reading the Forum, FAQ and other content looking for a comprehensive bug list.  The gal on the Live Support ignored the question and there seems to be some griping about bugs, update policy and such.  For a $600 program, I expect $600 support, but am very concerned about the level of support and will not do the purchase until I find some answers either from the user base (who I will trust) or the company (which is causing me some worry).

What are your thoughts and advice?

Thanks in advance. 

Jay

Message posted by sonoran on December-25-2005 at 11:57pm
View sonoran's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by sonoran Search   Quote sonoran Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
sonoran
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
November-05-2005
11 Posts

Hi Jay, I have read your thread here with great interest. You may have read my response to the  "Easypano Promotion Announcement" thread further down in the topics list. I would suggest you post a reply in that thread and bring it to the top of the topic list so more readers may respond. You will find some of the bug issues posted there. 

Now for a response to your thoughts here. Unless your are in a hurry I would wait on your decision to purchase the TW application. Gather all the information that time will allow so you can make an informed decision.As I stated elsewhere I think TW 1.30 is a cool piece of software but I have to reiteriate that there are some serious issues with its' code. A few weeks back, during one week I wasted 3.5 hours doing work arounds in TW.

"Let me digress here for a monement. I have sent out many resumes in my time and every head hunter I've talked to has emphasized that there should not be so much as a comma out of place on a resume. After all if a job seeker can't take the time to submit an error free resume what kind of work are they going to do for a prospective employer." Well I think the same can be said about software development. If an application developer wants people ( clients, buyers) to take them seriously then they have to show some effort to the public that they are producing a product to the best of their ability.

A few points for you to ponder. Just take a look at the small panorama that runs on the home page of this website. How's that speed?...easy to view for you?...How would you like your clients to have to put up with that? Well EasyPano seems to think it's OK!   That is one of the major (my words) bugs in this software. It's not as if this flaw is hidden in the depths of the code but it's the very first thing a viewer will see when a Pano is published. I ask! How could this be overlooked? How could the developers not see this as a problem and not come up with a fix for it. 

Another item...my personal research into the EasyPano resume! The EasyPano home page loads very slow for me... so I ran a test on the HTML code at the W3C Markup Validation Service http://validator.w3.org/ and it found 

http://easypano.com/index.html     

Result:

Failed validation, 122 errors

In fact I tested every first page link for the buttons on th

Message posted by emarts on December-27-2005 at 12:47pm
View emarts's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by emarts Search   Visit emarts's Homepage www   Quote emarts Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
emarts
Gold Member
Gold Member

June-08-2005
188 Posts

Oh c'mon! You're going to use that as your test to see if their software is wonkey (that's my new hip word)? I performed the same test on adobe.com (188 errors), microsoft.com (139 errors), google.com (147 errors).

They all have doctype errors too. This tells you nothing.

Download the trial version and judge for yourself.

BTW, www.w3.org comes up with 11 errors. Boy you'd think they would be flawless. Oh yeah, another doctype error too.

Message posted by smooth on December-28-2005 at 7:42am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

ROFL,

I expected a thread with listed bugs/faults. What I read is a whinge! We all know that Tourweaver has some bugs and we all think these bugs should be fixed and patches released. So list them (the bugs) without novels and stories and unrealistic references to .html code validators.

Listen up, there is no "standard" to work too. Browsers read and render .html differently. W3 is a joke. Why? Nobody works within the rules (never has) Opera browser is the closest, but! It fails to read what the worlds biggest and most widely use browser (Internet Explorer) eats for breakfast. If you want 100% perfection type yourself a .txt file and upload it to the web. If you want content - build it, look at it in I.E and then Firepox and if you care Opera. If it displays without to many "visual" errors. You are doing well.

Tourweaver is not 100% perfect and things need fine tuning and some cases fixing. Send your complaints to support@easypano.com and ask for a fix or answer to specific problems or issue's. If you learn something useful please share it here with all the other users.

The simple fact is, this forum talks about all known issues and you can read them all at no charge, you also can download a fully functional trial version of Tourweaver before parting with the $600.00. That is why the trial exists. No point crying here on the forum because you failed to read - ask or trial. Many, many people use this software for business everyday, albeit with some work arounds and at this point in time there is no alternative that is any better. (and that's the fact!)

List the bugs/faults.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by JayL on January-06-2006 at 1:15am
View JayL's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by JayL Search   Quote JayL Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
JayL
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
December-25-2005
2 Posts
I do not expect the software to be flawless, I just want a list of the flaws so I can avoid them, work around them or in some way compensate.  Does anybody know if there is a list provided by the authors?

Message posted by smooth on January-06-2006 at 4:00am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Contact support@easypano.com

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by super_anne on January-11-2006 at 3:16am
View super_anne's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by super_anne Search   Quote super_anne Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
super_anne
Standard Member
Standard Member

April-29-2005
44 Posts

Hi JayL,

We are sorry that we didn't serve you well in Livesupport since for one time  there was something wrong with our company's network. So we sincerely apologize here.

Anyway, if you have any concern or doubt or wish list, please feel freely to contact our support team and we promise your email will be sent back as soon as possible. We welcome your emails. support@easypano.com or sales@easypano.com

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register