Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: sound Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by bingo on January-18-2006 at 9:45am
View bingo's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by bingo Search   Visit bingo's Homepage www   Quote bingo Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
bingo
Standard Member
Standard Member
Spain
January-18-2006
3 Posts
I would like to use a spoken commentary in my tours, but I cannot get the sound file to stop looping. Is this a bug or is there something I'm missing?

any help appreciated

-------------
Bingo Brewster

Message posted by johnfl68 on January-18-2006 at 11:25am
View johnfl68's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by johnfl68 Search   Visit johnfl68's Homepage www   Quote johnfl68 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
johnfl68
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
May-27-2005
70 Posts
I just did a series of tests, as I have not played with the sound feature that much yet.

Unfortunately it would seem that Scene sounds, Hotspot sounds, and Movie sounds all loop and cannot be told not to loop that I could find anywhere.

This is very unfortunate, especially if you are trying to do what you are, which I would think would be a common task.

I cannot understand why you would put in a sound option and not be able to have the ability to turn looping off.

Yet another bug fix/feature request item I guess. <sigh>

John

Message posted by rfh12002 on January-18-2006 at 12:45pm
View rfh12002's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by rfh12002 Search   Visit rfh12002's Homepage www   Quote rfh12002 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
rfh12002
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

July-07-2005
770 Posts

Hi there

From what I understand this 'autoloop' function is in the 'movie' menu.  You will see a bar called ' Slideshow.  What I do (and I think I'm right based on advise from here) I left click on it and copy, paste in a new movie underneath it and use the buttons at the bottom of the page to make the movie I have just created the default one.  You can't delete the original one but having a new one means you can edit it.  If you make sure you are on your new movie and look up at the top right of the screen you will see autoplay and loop showing.  I think this works with sound too.

If it doesn't then what I'd suggest is having a 'quiet' time added on at the end of your sound file.  It does put the file sizes up though and TW misbehaves after a while if it is too big.

Cheers

F

Message posted by johnfl68 on January-18-2006 at 1:28pm
View johnfl68's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by johnfl68 Search   Visit johnfl68's Homepage www   Quote johnfl68 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
johnfl68
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
May-27-2005
70 Posts
In creating a new movie, the sound file still loops, the loop option only effects the movie, if you tell it not to loop, the movie stops at the end, but the sound file continues looping.

John

Message posted by rfh12002 on January-18-2006 at 4:08pm
View rfh12002's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by rfh12002 Search   Visit rfh12002's Homepage www   Quote rfh12002 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
rfh12002
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

July-07-2005
770 Posts

Hmm

Possibly another thing for the next fix. Like I said, adding a sound 'space' after the actual talking may help the looping problem seem less of a problem.

HTH

F

Message posted by ajay on January-19-2006 at 4:42am
View ajay's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by ajay Search   Visit ajay's Homepage www   Quote ajay Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
ajay
Gold Member
Gold Member

November-09-2004
167 Posts
You are correct in that the sound loop is a problem and that the only way to resolve it is to add a "silence" at the end of your track, which can considerably increase the file size. This has been brought up on a number of occasions before, as well as an option to use other sound formats than .au, ie MP3. Hopefully EP WILL resolve this in the next version. However, it would be great if they could do so before then by issuing an ammended version of TW rather sooner.

-------------
aj

Message posted by bingo on January-19-2006 at 6:59am
View bingo's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by bingo Search   Visit bingo's Homepage www   Quote bingo Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
bingo
Standard Member
Standard Member
Spain
January-18-2006
3 Posts
Thats pretty much what I thought. Thanks for trying!

-------------
Bingo Brewster

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register