Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Problems with still images Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by Wide-Eyes on January-25-2006 at 9:57pm
View Wide-Eyes's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Wide-Eyes Search   Visit Wide-Eyes's Homepage www   Quote Wide-Eyes Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Wide-Eyes
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-03-2005
569 Posts

Hi everybody

I am working on a tour, you can see it at http://www.lindenborgkro.dk if you scroll down you will find a link to it called "Virtual Tour" in red.

If you just let the tour run, then the second frame is a still image. When you see it, the viewer zooms in on the image. Why the heck does it do that?? How do I stop this behaviour??

Also can anybody tell me how I get rid of the gray areas of my thumbnails??

Best regards

Morten Andersen

- a newbie trying to improve

Message posted by gidget on January-25-2006 at 11:58pm
View gidget's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by gidget Search   Visit gidget's Homepage www   Quote gidget Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
gidget
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
January-06-2004
61 Posts

Hi again Morton

Thats wierd never seen it that bad before,  one thing you may want to try and definetly must do is crop your stills to the same size as the viewer in your tour.
Also on your scene page in TW under View Options try changing if from best fit to actual size or vice-a-verca and see if that makes a difference.
I noticed it only zooms when it is playing the movie and not when you select the scene in the dropdown menu so it maybe some thing to do with the movie but I'm sure the resize would help alot.  To get rid of the grey, you have to play around with the thmbnail size in the properties for the thumbnail appearence.
My opinion,  Don't use thumbnail, they are to small to really see and most people including those that are used to looking at Eq. panos can't really tell what they are looking at anyways, just give a list or buttons or a map.
I'll play around with some images and see if I can recreate the zooming effect and let you know, if you figure it out or the resizeing helps let me know.

Later
Mike (gidg)

-------------
mike (Gidg)
Home Page
VR blog

Message posted by Wide-Eyes on January-26-2006 at 12:30am
View Wide-Eyes's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Wide-Eyes Search   Visit Wide-Eyes's Homepage www   Quote Wide-Eyes Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Wide-Eyes
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-03-2005
569 Posts

Hi Mike

I have already resized the stills. They are the exact same size as the viewer. I too find it strange. It looks kind a cool, but is not very userfriendly :o)

NOW I will definately go to sleep. I will keep working on the problem later this week and get back to you. I have to find a solution, or else I can't charge my client.

Best regards

Morten Andersen

Message posted by ajay on January-26-2006 at 4:43am
View ajay's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by ajay Search   Visit ajay's Homepage www   Quote ajay Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
ajay
Gold Member
Gold Member

November-09-2004
167 Posts

Go under Movie. If you have not already done so, copy the slide-show and create a new movie. Click on the still that is giving you problems and change the FOV, to say 700. This should stop your problem.

Alan

-------------
aj

Message posted by Wide-Eyes on February-01-2006 at 12:16am
Wide-Eyes
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-03-2005
569 Posts

Hi Ajay

I have now tried to change the FOV to 700 but my still images still zoom in. I have just made an other tour with the same problem.

Now I will try to contact easypano and hear what they have to say.

Best regards

Morten Andersen

Message posted by ajay on February-01-2006 at 4:11am
View ajay's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by ajay Search   Visit ajay's Homepage www   Quote ajay Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
ajay
Gold Member
Gold Member

November-09-2004
167 Posts
Morten
Are you changing the FOV on both the opening and closing still image in the movie? Assume you are importing the image as a still and not a panorama.
Alan

-------------
aj

Message posted by johnfl68 on February-01-2006 at 10:24am
View johnfl68's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by johnfl68 Search   Visit johnfl68's Homepage www   Quote johnfl68 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
johnfl68
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
May-27-2005
70 Posts
Do you have the "Transition Effects:" set to "Zoom in" for each of the scenes? I usually use "Fade in & Fade out" as it looks better. This may be one thing to check if you don't want this zoom look. This is on the Scene page and the Transition Effect is set for each of the images in the Scene List; with choices of Fade in & Fade out, Zoom in, or Blinds.

Hope this helps.

John

Message posted by abler2 on February-01-2006 at 4:27pm
View abler2's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by abler2 Search   Quote abler2 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
abler2
Standard Member
Standard Member
Ireland
February-01-2006
2 Posts

hi all, i had this problem also, i cured it by creating a new movie and setting it as default.

as you import new images they automaticly go into a default movie, this is what is playing automaticly.

so, step 1 create new movie

step 2 make new movie the default movie.

as you create new movie you can zoom into all images and set the positions of start and finish in the panoramic images.

feel free to contact me by email if you need clearer instruction

abler2@reapthebenefit.com

-------------
abler2

Message posted by Wide-Eyes on February-01-2006 at 5:33pm
Wide-Eyes
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-03-2005
569 Posts

@ Alan

I just changes the FOV in the first still, when that did not work I didn't bother changing the settings on all the other stills.

Yes I did import the images as stills.

@ John

I do already use the "fade in fade out" effect. I also think it looks the best, so that can't be the problem.........

@ alber

I have also created a new movie. I copied the default movie and made the copy of the movie my new default movie. This was nescessary to be able to see all of the image. I now see the entire image to start with, but after 1 sec it starts to zoom in. It is a very strange behaviour. Did you have same problem?? I am just asking because it sounds like I am already doing what you explain. Could you try and have a look at my example??

I have just recieved an answer from easypano. They will ask their tech guys, but they are on holiday............... :o(

All of your effort is highly appreciated. I really hope I get to solve my problem. I do however find it strange that I am the only one with this problem, but I can't figure out what I should be doing wrong.

Best regards

Morten Andersen

- a newbie tryng to improve

Have you seen my example??  

Message posted by smooth on February-02-2006 at 1:21am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Only happens with still shots GANG 1 SAL and VAERESLE it doesn't happen with other stills. Check what you have set different between these two sets of stills.

As it only does this when auto movie mode, it has to be written into the movie scripting.

Have you tried "re-writing" the movie track? 

Regards, Smooth

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register