Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: Creating Maps Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by ArkLeader on February-02-2006 at 3:55pm
View ArkLeader's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by ArkLeader Search   Quote ArkLeader Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
ArkLeader
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
January-31-2006
4 Posts
Hello again

I'm also interested to know how others are creating their maps. Are they creating them by "hand" or are people using some program?

I have been slowly making my maps in Photoshop.

Thanks again.
-ArkLeader

Message posted by phoenixrising on February-03-2006 at 6:27am
View phoenixrising's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by phoenixrising Search   Quote phoenixrising Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
phoenixrising
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United Kingdom
January-16-2003
974 Posts
i also use Photoshop.All my maps are made by hand. I've also had map images/layouts that have been provided to me from customers. As far as I'm aware... most of us use somethng like PS for maps. I tend to charge $75 for producing and adding a map.

-------------
If I only had an hour to chop down a tree... I'd spend 45 mins sharpening the axe.

Message posted by Kerry Rudy on February-03-2006 at 10:41am
View Kerry Rudy's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Kerry Rudy Search   Visit Kerry Rudy's Homepage www   Quote Kerry Rudy Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Kerry Rudy
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
February-19-2005
104 Posts
I have always used a program called FloorPlan 3D by IMSIsoft. Here is a link to their site
You can make them 3D or just outline. I draw the plan, use a capture program and drop it into PS where I resize it, add text and buttons. The program is about $45. You can take a look at one of my tours outline
And here is one in the 3D version
3D is made with a click of a button.
Hope this helps,
Kerry

Message posted by ArkLeader on February-03-2006 at 7:01pm
View ArkLeader's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by ArkLeader Search   Quote ArkLeader Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
ArkLeader
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
January-31-2006
4 Posts
Thank you both for the info. I appreciate it very much.
-ArkLeader

Message posted by Wide-Eyes on March-24-2006 at 8:28pm
View Wide-Eyes's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Wide-Eyes Search   Visit Wide-Eyes's Homepage www   Quote Wide-Eyes Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Wide-Eyes
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-03-2005
569 Posts

Dear Kerry

I was reading this thread and saw you example of the 3d floor plan. It looked so amazing that I have downloaded the trial version of it.

It is fairly easy for me to create the floor plan with all the rooms, doors and windows etc. But I am having a lot of problems getting a good result when I want to view it in 3d as at your example.

How did you get it to be like that?? I assume you watch it in 3d, by pressing thebutton. But what then?? Where do you put the camera and at what angle. The best result I have been able to get was by putting the camera just outside the plan and the choosing "birds eye view" with an angle of 30 degree. At your example it looks like it is birds eys view with an angle of 90 degree??

I would really appreciate your help.

Best regards

MOrten Andersen  

-------------
Best regards

Morten Andersen
- a newbie trying to improve

Message posted by bentech on March-24-2006 at 9:18pm
View bentech's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by bentech Search   Visit bentech's Homepage www   Quote bentech Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
bentech
Standard Member
Standard Member
Canada
February-03-2006
10 Posts

Hi,

I use a software called Visio from Microsoft.  I don't know how much it cost, I think it came with my MSOffice version.  Anyway! If you happen to have it, it works very well

You can take a look at the example on my web site.  It's in french but if you click on the green example you will see a map that was made with Visio

http://www.panomedia.ca/homeFr/panomedia-vv/v-virtuelles/index.php

Cheers

-------------
Bentech
www.panomedia.ca

Message posted by Kerry Rudy on March-26-2006 at 2:00pm
View Kerry Rudy's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Kerry Rudy Search   Visit Kerry Rudy's Homepage www   Quote Kerry Rudy Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Kerry Rudy
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
February-19-2005
104 Posts
Morten, Click on the 3-D Tab, go to the camera tilt angle and change the setting to 5 (aim at ground) Reset Height to 75' The rotate setting wil rotate the view. These settings will get you started.
Kerry

Message posted by Wide-Eyes on March-27-2006 at 8:29am
View Wide-Eyes's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Wide-Eyes Search   Visit Wide-Eyes's Homepage www   Quote Wide-Eyes Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Wide-Eyes
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-03-2005
569 Posts

Hi Kerry

Thanks for your advice. I will try this approach.

I downloaded the trial version a couple of days ago and gave it a quick try. I just showed my test image at a sales meeting and did surprisingly enough sell a 3d sketch of the place. GREAT :o)

Best regards

Morten

-------------
Best regards

Morten Andersen
- a newbie trying to improve

Message posted by Kerry Rudy on March-27-2006 at 11:40am
Kerry Rudy
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
February-19-2005
104 Posts
Good for you!!!
Kerry

Message posted by Hawkaye on April-24-2006 at 11:22pm
View Hawkaye's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Hawkaye Search   Visit Hawkaye's Homepage www   Quote Hawkaye Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Hawkaye
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-19-2006
18 Posts

I too have been doing my maps by hand in Photoshop, but after reading above about Visio from Microsoft, I decided to see if it was included with my version of Office, and sure enough, it was!  I find it to be a lot faster and more accurate than my photoshop maps, and it saves as *.jpg for editing it photoshop if I so desire.  If you have office pro, check and see if you have visio, if so, I think you'll like it.

Hawkaye

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register