Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: URL link within tours Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by mgora1 on February-20-2006 at 12:43pm
View mgora1's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by mgora1 Search   Visit mgora1's Homepage www   Quote mgora1 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
mgora1
Gold Member
Gold Member

June-14-2005
117 Posts

Hello all,

I have been a long time lurker on the board and have learned a ton of great info.  Now it is my turn to ask a question....I need help bad and fast.

The tours I am creating have several buttons that I have created that have a URL ling behind them that I added within TW.  My question is this :  Is there a way to add java code to the link or jar file that sets the window properties for the link???

I would like to have the new window pop up a certain size and without toolbars, etc.  The code would look soemthing like this but not sure if it is possible.  Someone please help!!!

newwindow =

window.open(url,"popup","height=550,width=680,top="+ypos+",left="+xpos+",

screenX="+xpos+",screenY="+ypos+",directories=no,location=no,menubar=no,

resizable=no,scrollbars=yes,status=no,toolbar=no");

Message posted by zjoker on February-20-2006 at 3:45pm
View zjoker's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by zjoker Search   Visit zjoker's Homepage www   Quote zjoker Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
zjoker

May-23-2002
122 Posts

I am not sure I am the one to answer your question as to if it will work or not, but I will be glad to offer my opinion on the idea.

As a pano-slave, I like the idea of creating the external page as a chromeless page, but as a webmaster, I advise against it. As to my knowledge (and someone can correct me if I am wrong about this) XP will not display the page you are wishing to create via java or jar..or even dhtml as far as I know. That is cutting out alot of browsers. Also, creating the window as a popup these days is not working very well, as most people still dont know they can allow the popup - or "should" allow the popup by holding done the ctrl button on their keypad. Even though your popup would be a useful one to the vistor, they still think of "popup" as an advertisement trying to take control of their computer...and are reluctant to allow any of them. In TW even my "help" page is detected as a popup..not sure its much help when you need a page to explain to the customer how to open the help page.

It is just my experience with my customers that they wish to control their windows..and not have me controlling it for them :)

Message posted by smooth on February-21-2006 at 12:09am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Did you read this thread from start to finish?

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by mgora1 on February-28-2006 at 9:39pm
View mgora1's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by mgora1 Search   Visit mgora1's Homepage www   Quote mgora1 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
mgora1
Gold Member
Gold Member

June-14-2005
117 Posts

I found exactly what I needed reading that thread.  Hat's off to you Smooth.

Matthew

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register