Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: AutoRun Pro Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by rfh12002 on March-14-2006 at 6:29pm
View rfh12002's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by rfh12002 Search   Visit rfh12002's Homepage www   Quote rfh12002 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
rfh12002
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

July-07-2005
770 Posts

Hi there

I'm not sure if this is the place for this but I thought I'd ask here anyway. I use Lontion's AutoRun Pro Enterprise edition. It allows me to make an almost Macromedia Director style front end with links to different tourweaver tours.

I'm about to release one for the PC tour market. Has anyone else used this for commercial publishing? Im terrified of producing something that works well on my comp and the ones I can test it on but fails on most of the others (and I mean ones within the system specs). Any hints or tips out there would be much appreciated!

Many thanks

Message posted by kropke on March-14-2006 at 7:53pm
View kropke's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by kropke Search   Quote kropke Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
kropke
Gold Member
Gold Member

June-08-2005
113 Posts
Does this Lontion's AutoRun allow you to include all the necessary tour files so that the viewer does not have to be on the Internet to view the tours?  I ask this question because I too use a similar program for the same purpose but am not having much success.  It does not work properly if I try to make the cd completely stand alone (which defeats the purpose of the presentation).  So, for now, the viewers must be connected to the Internet to view the presentation.

Message posted by eagle on March-14-2006 at 9:04pm
View eagle's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by eagle Search   Quote eagle Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
eagle
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

April-14-2004
382 Posts
Hi kropke,

I guess I don't follow.

I've been producing tours on CDs for a while now and they've all been standalones. One application is for the realtor to play the tour on CD during open houses with no Internet connection, wireless or wired.

r,
eagle

Message posted by kropke on March-15-2006 at 7:22am
View kropke's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by kropke Search   Quote kropke Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
kropke
Gold Member
Gold Member

June-08-2005
113 Posts

Eagle:  The software that I am using creates an electronic business card style presentation.  So, for example, if I want to provide the viewer with samples of my tours, presently, I have to link them to the tour on the Internet.  I can not get the software Autorun Max to properly include the necessary files on the cd so that the tour will run as a standalone.  If you are familiar with this software and have any suggestions, please let me know.  Or if you know of another software that can accomplish what I am looking to do, let me know

As always, thanks for any help you can offer.

Message posted by rfh12002 on March-15-2006 at 10:36am
View rfh12002's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by rfh12002 Search   Visit rfh12002's Homepage www   Quote rfh12002 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
rfh12002
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

July-07-2005
770 Posts

Hi there

Autorun lets you put eveything onto a cd. It does require Internet Explorer at the users end but it doesn not have to be connected to the net unless the person needs the java download.

Its a great programme  - yuo can even put a tour onto the disk, open it with Autorun and have it open on an IE area within a new Autorun page - getting rid of all the IE buttons that you dont need or want.

If I can work out how to post images on here I will stick up a couple of screen shots of the thing. Its a great piece of kit and worth its weight in gold but I have had a couple of people saying ' couldnt get it to work' which worries me - mind you, some of them arent the sharpest comp users out there (basic comp skills here).

F

Message posted by smooth on March-15-2006 at 12:17pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Same rules apply the tours MUST placed in t a folder called "fscommand" and then liked to that directory. (you cannot call this directory anything else). It is as simple as that.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by kropke on March-15-2006 at 5:21pm
kropke
Gold Member
Gold Member

June-08-2005
113 Posts

To rfh12002, I like the program but have not been able to create a stand alone tour.  This includes trying to get tech support from the company itself.  Where do you put all the necessary files / folders so that they properly transfer when you burn the Autorun Max project to disc?

To Smooth:  If using a program such as Auto Run Max, where would you put this fscommand folder.  The Auto Run creates it's own folders.  Would I have to include it in one of them?

Message posted by smooth on March-16-2006 at 3:12am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Point me to a download of this program and I will take a look.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by kropke on March-16-2006 at 6:47am
kropke
Gold Member
Gold Member

June-08-2005
113 Posts
Smooth:  Here is the website for Autorun Max http://www.autorunmax.com/site/download-autorun-max.php .  They offer a trial download.  Thank you so much for your help.

Message posted by smooth on March-16-2006 at 8:40am
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by kropke on March-16-2006
Smooth:  Here is the website for Autorun Max http://www.autorunmax.com/site/download-autorun-max.php .  They offer a trial download.  Thank you so much for your help.

OK, wasn't too hard to figure out.

I assume you already have a project you have built? What you need to do is this:

• Go to your project file (My Documents>Autorun MAX! Projects>You>Project Name>CD_Root>AutoPlay>Docs
  • Now in the "Docs" folder create another folder called "fscommand" (all lower case all one word)
  • Once you have created this folder, place your tour documents inside this folder. (as you would to the web)
  • Now, in the program interface you will use a button to launch the tour. So make your button and then go to the "action tab" and from the "dropdown" choose "Play Multimedia" and then browse to your "tour.html" file located within the fscommand directory/folder.
  • Save and then Publish
  • Burn your CD, test and be amazed

I made a quick test myself, burnt it and it worked perfectly!

Seems a nice little program. Anyone want to buy me a copy? LOL

Regards, Smooth

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register