Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: Music Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by pygmy on July-06-2006 at 3:55pm
View pygmy's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by pygmy Search   Quote pygmy Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
pygmy
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
July-06-2006
5 Posts
Does anyone know how to generate a quality .au file from an MP3 file? I followed all the detailed instructions from tech support and keep ending up with a loud hissing/scratching background noise. Neither my sound supplier's tech support (ShockWave Sound) nor the Easypano recommended conversion program (CoolEdit) produced a usable .au file.

-------------
pygmy

Message posted by smooth on July-07-2006 at 2:06am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

If it is a solitary background music track you could just add the MP3 to the HTML page and set to loop. Have you tried Audacity

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by eagle on July-07-2006 at 8:22am
View eagle's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by eagle Search   Quote eagle Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
eagle
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

April-14-2004
382 Posts
There was a thread about this a while back. It could just a setting or two that are off.

Thanks,
eagle

Message posted by pygmy on July-08-2006 at 8:29am
View pygmy's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by pygmy Search   Quote pygmy Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
pygmy
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
July-06-2006
5 Posts
Hey Smooth,

Thanks for the tips. Adding the track to the HTML page works with web posting but doesn't for burning to disc, unless I'm missing something. Tried Audacity. Was able to clean up some of the noise. Not a perfect solution but definitely helped. Any other thoughts?

Cheers,
Pygmy

-------------
pygmy

Message posted by Alexandre on July-08-2006 at 9:27am
View Alexandre's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Alexandre Search   Quote Alexandre Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Alexandre
Gold Member
Gold Member

June-05-2006
148 Posts
What do you mean by saying it doesn't work for burning to disc?

Message posted by smooth on July-08-2006 at 10:30am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Pygmy,

You can make a .mp3 web page work the same as it would on the web all you need do is set the correct path to the music file. I have covered this before a while ago. You MUST make the source folder named "fscommand" and place "all" files to be accessed in this folder (I.E Music, Flash, Images, extra HTML pages etc.)

Make a folder called CD and inside this folder create another folder called fscommand and place the .mp3 inside it. Build the html page (placed in the CD folder) and when setting the .mp3 path browse to the .mp3 file that is in the fscommand folder.

When finished burn all the files "within" the CD folder (but NOT the CD folder) to your CD/DVD.

Give it a try - it might just be the answer to your problems.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by pygmy on July-11-2006 at 4:04pm
pygmy
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
July-06-2006
5 Posts
Smooth,

Again, thanks for your insights. I'm new to the forum and unaware of your earlier coverage of this topic. I got everything you said up to where you talk about building the html page and setting the .mp3 path browse to the .mp3 file. (I'm not versed in html.) Can you spell this out a little more for me?

Cheers,
Pygmy

-------------
pygmy

Message posted by smooth on July-12-2006 at 2:28pm
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Err, um....

What HTML editor do you use?

If you are using Microsoft FrontPage you go to Page Properties>General Tab>Background Sound>Browse. (File type will need to be .wma not .mp3) but you can keep the same quality.

Or if you would just like the code it will look like this:

<bgsound="fscommand/music_file_name.wma" loop="-1"> and this must be placed between the <head></head> tags of the HTML document.

I.E:

<head>

<title> Panorama Page </title>

<bgsound="fscommand/music_file_name.wma" loop="-1">

</head>

<body> etc etc.

Note: This code is only good for use with Interent Explorer it will not play sound in Firefox or Opera etc.

You could overcome this by making the sound file a "Flash" file and adding it to the page. I'll cover this if you need me too later.

Regards, Smooth

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register