Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: "please wait" text instead of transition Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by jrockwell3 on July-10-2006 at 5:30pm
View jrockwell3's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by jrockwell3 Search   Quote jrockwell3 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
jrockwell3
Standard Member
Standard Member

July-10-2006
16 Posts
I was thinking...

Why does there HAVE to be a transition between the photos. I have my image sizes down to about 200-250kb each. On some machines there is about a 3-5 second delay after you click a thumbnail for a new pano, after the delay, the transition plays.

One solution is to shrink the image size MORE, but the quality is starting to go down the drain.

Another solution is instead of a lame transition, have some text like: "Loading..." or "please wait" Something to make the user feel comfortable that the page is doing something, rather than them clicking, nothing happens, click some more nothing happens, then finally it does what there first click did.

I'm guessing this is not something I could do on my own:-( But it would allow large image sizes I assume.

Any input would be cool. Tours are here:

http://projects.twilightpics.com/waterfall/bluewater_vt.shtml

http://projects.twilightpics.com/waterfall/oasis_vt.shtml

Maybe I am just doing something wrong!

Thanks,

Jrock

Message posted by Alexandre on July-11-2006 at 1:51am
View Alexandre's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Alexandre Search   Quote Alexandre Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Alexandre
Gold Member
Gold Member

June-05-2006
148 Posts

Hello Jrock

I don't see any virtual tours on those links...

Alexandre

-------------
Alexandre G.
MSN: agagnaire@chablinet.com
Nikon D50 - Nikkor 10.5mm - NN3 - Manfrotto055CLB - Panoweaver 4.0 - Tourweaver 2.0

Message posted by jrockwell3 on July-11-2006 at 2:06pm
View jrockwell3's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by jrockwell3 Search   Quote jrockwell3 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
jrockwell3
Standard Member
Standard Member

July-10-2006
16 Posts
Alexandre,

You're the first one to say they can't see a VT at those links. Could someone else confirm this for me? I've tested them on many machines and no problems yet. Other than a slow load.

-Justin

Message posted by Crafty on July-11-2006 at 3:08pm
View Crafty's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Crafty Search   Visit Crafty's Homepage www   Quote Crafty Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Crafty
Gold Member
Gold Member
United Kingdom
September-16-2005
127 Posts
Looks ok to me!

Message posted by smooth on July-11-2006 at 3:52pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

They view fine.

I have no lag between clicking thumbnails (after the complete tour loads) The tours functions as expected.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by jrockwell3 on July-11-2006 at 4:33pm
jrockwell3
Standard Member
Standard Member

July-10-2006
16 Posts
I've noticed that the tour runs fine AFTER a complete load.

I may be wrong but it seems that the loader at the begining is only for the skin images and the first pano.

Then while the first pano is playing, it's still loading all the others panos.

If i'm right, is it possible to make it so all panos load into the cache at the start (during the loading screen)?

Thanks Guys

-Jrock

Message posted by gabriele on July-21-2006 at 5:27pm
View gabriele's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by gabriele Search   Quote gabriele Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
gabriele
Standard Member
Standard Member
Italy
July-21-2006
1 Posts

i give a look to your tour. in fact the download of immages are too slow. so looking java console and the report of your immages is :http://projects.twilightpics.com/waterfall/Scene/FINAL2.jpg con cookie "PHPSESSID=b074e34771e96f106525c97dbac68d00; hcl_chatid=2048; aardvark_live_2048=%7Conline%7C; aardvark_live_2048"

i don't know what kind of cookie is this but this could be the problem.

the under download of your immage don't run fast or don't run .

2 suggest: use always low case for the name of immages using underscore (final2.jpg) or (final_immage.jpg)  2nd  you could use .jpeg instead of jpg when you save immage from your software but tourweaver don't support this kind of immages, so before you must use jpg immages to create tour and after  you must open .txt file change all extension in .jpeg and change immages into Scene folder with .jpeg files..

-------------
ITALIA CAMPIONE DEL MONDO 2006!!!

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register