Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: How to make qualified au file Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by danny on July-14-2006 at 1:31am
View danny's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by danny Search   Quote danny Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
danny
Standard Member
Standard Member

April-06-2006
69 Posts

pygmy has released the topic about au format. Smooth gave one solution(thanks) but I think it will be a bit difficult for newbie.These days we tested for times and finally found the problem.

The problem is 8-bit format. If you use 8 bit, there will be clear hissing. Finally we tested 16-bit to get better quality and it can be played in Tourweaver.

So till now the solution should be as following:

Software: cooledit2000(Adobe Audition)

(download at: http://www.syntrillium.com/download/download.html?1)

Steps:

1. Install Adobe Audition in your computer;
2. Load your sound file in Adobe Audition;
3. In "Edit" option,adjust "sample rate" as 8000,"Channels" as Mono,and "Resolutions" as 16-bit;
4. In "File" option,select "save as", choose "au" format. Click "options" in "save as" dialog, choose "mu-law 8 bit".

5. Finally, click ok.

Then you are able to use this au file in Tourweaver.

We have tested sveral times and the quality is good. If you have problems in producing yours, please follow me.

Message posted by pygmy on July-15-2006 at 1:29pm
View pygmy's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by pygmy Search   Quote pygmy Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
pygmy
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
July-06-2006
5 Posts
I don't get what made this topic so intractable but am absolutely delighted it was finally resolved (sans external "fixes"). Thank you!

-------------
pygmy

Message posted by mustang_lex on August-11-2006 at 10:45pm
View mustang_lex's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by mustang_lex Search   Visit mustang_lex's Homepage www   Quote mustang_lex Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
mustang_lex
Standard Member
Standard Member
Canada
August-05-2006
30 Posts
Thank You for that post. I will print this off and stick it on my wall. Because I will have customers wanting audio!!

Message posted by enviropix on August-15-2006 at 11:18am
View enviropix's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by enviropix Search   Visit enviropix's Homepage www   Quote enviropix Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
enviropix
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
August-14-2006
33 Posts

Not sure if this helps, but I found a sound converter called Switch. They have a free version, so I was able to convert a wav to an au file simply.

There url is: http://nch.com.au/switch/index.html

:-)

-------------
Jeff
www.enviropix.com

Message posted by Kevin on August-15-2006 at 12:06pm
View Kevin's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Kevin Search   Visit Kevin's Homepage www   Quote Kevin Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Kevin
Gold Member
Gold Member

May-24-2006
133 Posts
Hi folks,

I used a suggestion from Smooth and created the AU file with Audacity. It is really easy, I have used Audacity in the past and it is a very flexible open source application.

http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

Here are a few screen shots to help set up the application so you can export in the AU format.

Select Edit --> Perferences

Change File Formats to AU 8-bit

Open your audio file (many formats accepted) edit and when you are ready export it as an AU under the file menu

I hope this helps!

-------------
--Kevin

http://www.webvisiontours.com/

Message posted by smooth on August-15-2006 at 12:37pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Good one Kevin,

Yep, that's hows it's done and it's FREE.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by maserati on September-11-2006 at 11:35pm
View maserati's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by maserati Search   Quote maserati Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
maserati
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
August-04-2005
51 Posts
Interesting how the audio is cut off when you get to the next scene. Even if you do it as a hotspot or attached to the scene if the auto tour progressess or you clik another scene it interrupts the audio.

Is there a way to have the audio run its entirety, through all scenes?

-------------
John R Sembrot

Message posted by maserati on September-11-2006 at 11:54pm
View maserati's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by maserati Search   Quote maserati Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
maserati
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
August-04-2005
51 Posts
Wow I am using VRGUILD to host my tours and it looks like the audio can't be uploaded.

I can see why even the smallest file is significant bandwith. I have something near 3 mb.

Is audio practical in this au format. the same file is a 300 mb mp3.

Is mp3 support on the wish list for 2.0?

-------------
John R Sembrot

Message posted by mgora1 on September-12-2006 at 8:25am
View mgora1's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by mgora1 Search   Visit mgora1's Homepage www   Quote mgora1 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
mgora1
Gold Member
Gold Member

June-14-2005
117 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by maserati on September-11-2006
Interesting how the audio is cut off when you get to the next scene. Even if you do it as a hotspot or attached to the scene if the auto tour progressess or you clik another scene it interrupts the audio.

Is there a way to have the audio run its entirety, through all scenes?
If you add the audio track to the default movie and set it it autoplay and loop it will play throughout the tour.

-------------
Matthew

www.VirtualVue.com

Message posted by maserati on September-12-2006 at 9:51am
maserati
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
August-04-2005
51 Posts
That will do it. I was getting excited to start offering some audio services. The bandwith issue is to high IMO.

I guess if you go with mp3 there are all sorts of player issues.

-------------
John R Sembrot

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register