Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Skin images load...sometimes! Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by jrockwell3 on August-02-2006 at 6:40pm
View jrockwell3's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by jrockwell3 Search   Quote jrockwell3 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
jrockwell3
Standard Member
Standard Member

July-10-2006
16 Posts
I often catch myself asking WHY?!? just about anytime I use this programs.

Why does sometimes my skin images load, and sometimes they won't? Sometimes a few will load and not others, but after a refresh they're all there.

Anyone else feeling my pain?

-Justin

Message posted by Alexandre on August-03-2006 at 1:32am
View Alexandre's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Alexandre Search   Quote Alexandre Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Alexandre
Gold Member
Gold Member

June-05-2006
148 Posts

What browser are you using ? have you tried in another browser?

-------------
Alexandre G.
MSN: agagnaire@chablinet.com
Nikon D50 - Nikkor 10.5mm - NN3 - Manfrotto055CLB - Panoweaver 4.0 - Tourweaver 2.0

Message posted by smooth on August-03-2006 at 2:17am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

It can be because of many variables.

What version of Java you have installed, what size the images are used in the skin, what the overall size of the tour is vs how powerful your computer is.

The program works correctly if you have all the other files and settings in place.

There are "some" legitimate complaints but all in all the program works very well and many, many use it everyday for use in their business.

There are people here to help you through these issues if you are polite and patient and work with issues one at a time.

So what version of java do you have installed?

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by jrockwell3 on August-03-2006 at 8:59am
View jrockwell3's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by jrockwell3 Search   Quote jrockwell3 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
jrockwell3
Standard Member
Standard Member

July-10-2006
16 Posts
Thanks for the concern guys, here's some info:

I have problems with both Mozilla, and IE 6. Problem happens on web, on CD, testing the final .html files or when previewing in Tourweaver.

Java: 1.5.0_06

System I develop the tours on:

WIN XP PRO
AMD 4800 Duel Core Processor 64bit
2GIG RAM
512mb Video

It's not just one computer though; I've tested it on 5 systems all with the same results. (Sometimes it looks great, sometimes you have to refresh a few times to get it to look right.)

Image sizes are about 250kb-350kb each, with about 5-10 panos per tour. Total size is usually around 4mb, but depends on the number of panos

Examples can be found here:

example1

example2

Any suggestions as to what might be going wrong would be much appreciated.

Thanks Again,

Jrock

Just a quick addition:

If Im doing something wrong, then I apologize for complaining about this software.

However, with the bugs that I have found since purchasing the software Im very scared of using it for any more professional applications. I could understand if this was shareware or if the program cost under $100. But common, $1000!?

I have to cross my fingers anytime I show a tour to a client and hope that it displays correctly. And when it doesnt, it makes me and my business look incompetent. Im glad I spent a lot of money for that!

Message posted by smooth on August-03-2006 at 9:51am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Firstly, Tourweaver is NOT $1000.00. It is $499.00 for the un-branded PRO version if you spent $1000.00 you also purchased Panoweaver in a discount bundle.

OK, that aside. I just tested your tours (both of them and browsed your website in general) Both tours loaded and performed as expected and correctly.

To be honest I can't imagine what you would need to refresh to make it display correctly? There is not that much to the tours I.E: Panorama images, thumbnails and small menu buttons.

I tested your site on an OLD PIII 700 with 384MB of Ram with Microsoft JVM. So it's no rocket! Maybe your issue is because you are embedding the tour within the same HTML page as the rest of your items etc. You might want to try the tour in an iframe or in a separate window and "see" if this makes any difference.

Finally,

Your sarcasm doesn't reflect well if you are trying to project a professional business. Like I have mentioned before people are willing to help if you are polite. You seem very disgruntled and are so willing to blame Tourweaver for your woes. Let others comment on whether they can see your tours without issues. I don't see any issues my end and I'm half way around the world from you!

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by jrockwell3 on August-03-2006 at 10:32am
jrockwell3
Standard Member
Standard Member

July-10-2006
16 Posts
Maybe this will help to clear things up:

Below are two links to screenshots of what I'm talking about. You can see the pano and the tumbnails load... it's part of the skin that seems to be the problem

With errors

without

Message posted by smooth on August-03-2006 at 2:44pm
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Justin,

Can you post a link to one example that you know does this?

I can see from the images you posted what you are referring too, now I need to see it live.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by jrockwell3 on August-03-2006 at 3:16pm
jrockwell3
Standard Member
Standard Member

July-10-2006
16 Posts
Smooth,

This is the tour of the screenshots I posted.

http://www.twilightpics.com/projects/tourweaver/demo.html

The previous tours I posted today also do it too.

Like I said, it's SOME of the time, and I can't figure out why. Try refreshing a few times. It's very random/frustrating

-Thanks

Message posted by smooth on August-03-2006 at 3:36pm
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Justin,

I just sampled your tour and refreshed it 13 times. Once in the thirteen it did fail and some of the "block" images failed.

Now, I have seen this happen before using Windows XP. It seems only to happen when one image is used in multiple locations either in a webpage or within an applet. I easy way to fix this is to make sure each image component has a different name and is only used once. I.E: If an image is to be repeated simply give the second, third, forth instance of this image a different name.

What you are complaining about is valid. Though I'm not convinced it is a problem of the Tourweaver program but a general problem of Windows.

I see this error often on forum webpages where the same smilies are used. Sometimes they just fail to load even though they are 100% likely to be loaded in "local" cache.

Give it (the image name changing) a try and see if it makes the difference.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by jrockwell3 on August-03-2006 at 4:18pm
jrockwell3
Standard Member
Standard Member

July-10-2006
16 Posts
Thanks for the sugestions Smooth,

But it was one of the skins provided by Tourweaver.   

Each image is unique, and is not repeated anyplace.

Any other thoughts?

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register