Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: Marketing Help Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by Wide-Eyes on August-21-2006 at 5:40am
View Wide-Eyes's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Wide-Eyes Search   Visit Wide-Eyes's Homepage www   Quote Wide-Eyes Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Wide-Eyes
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-03-2005
569 Posts

Hi Everybody.

I would like to ask all of you how you market your self.

Normally I call a potential client, and ask them if I can come and make a presentation of my previous work.

I have also tried mailing campaigns but they are not very efficient.

And of course I have my webpage www.WideEyes.dk

My main problem is that I HATE calling people witout an invitation. Does anybody have any suggestions and tips on how to reach my clients and how to behave in a conversation. And also how to prepare mental for the calls??

Best regards

Morten Andersen 

-------------
Best regards

Morten Andersen
- a newbie trying to improve

Message posted by 360texas on August-21-2006 at 3:24pm
View 360texas's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by 360texas Search   Visit 360texas's Homepage www   Quote 360texas Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
360texas
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
United States
June-12-2002
2240 Posts

Do this 2 weeks before the end of a business quarter. Like 15th of March, June, September and December.

Hi I am Morten Andersen with WideEyes.dk the premier Virtual Tour designer in Denmark. May I please speak to your company president? 

I have been looking at your competition's website ---- insert competition website name --- and find that we could probably help you increase your Sale$ and profit margin X% by adding VR tours of your product to your website.  Would you consider a free 20 minute presentation - in your office next Wednesday September 19th in the afternoon?

Next you will probably hear next -  No or Yes or 'Can we set another date and time..'?

The dialog is short to the point and has a 'call for some form of positive action'. 

It uses buzz terms like 'Your competition' , Increased Sales and Profit Margin and politely asks to set a meeting in their OFFICE for a specific day and date but leaves the time option open to let them make a decision about the Time.  Typically a 3 or 4 day lead is good for anyones schedule but leaves the actual 20 minute time open for them to move business activities around.

You will need to make the presentation to - 1 of each - web page manager,  decision maker mangager, and budget officer.

Avoid - tech support people, the secretary, the 1st tier manager

Bring your presentation on a Notebook computer,  along with paper handouts of the same computer presentation so the managers can follow along during.. and follow up reading after they have signed the purchase order.

Sometimes a company budget has already been prepared and approved.  So business spending has already been detrmined for this quarter.  Businesses usually do a last quarter spending update to determine if they are on financial track.  So if you get in during the middle of the last month in the quarter.. they will have 2 weeks to add your new expenditures into their analysis and program funds for the next quarter.

Some companies do their financial updates only mid year and end of year.  Usually towards the end of the year they will know if they are ahead or behind financial schedule and if they will have any residual funds not yet spent that they can reallocate to their advertising budget [THAT$ YOUR WORK].

A few essentials:

Work with a mutually agreed to and signed purchase order for services

Full detailed description of the needed work -

how may pano's, about where will they be taken - marked up floor plan layout of building.

Name of company representative that will work with you during the photosession.

Estimated Start date

Estimated Need date - calculate your work flow time frame and multiply that by 1.6 (5 days x 1.6% = 8 work days excluding weekends to account for possible delays, possible retakes.

Include VAT (Sales Tax) on top of your cost to get a price. Require 30% of price as a NO refund deposit before any work is done.  If they cancel you keep the deposit.

So that they do not think you have run off with their money.. provide a temporary page on your site for completed work in progress.  They might like to look in on your temp page to see how you are progressing and also see some preliminary panorama work.  Keep the communication door open by email or phone call to their company representative.  Talk with them about every 3 rd day.  Solicite feed back - let them work with you in producing a product that they will appreciate at the end of the project.  Letting them engage in project development helps them gain 'project ownership'.  They will be ready to accept the final project on the completion date.  That make project approval and final document turn over quicker.

Copyright disposal - determine up front how you want to handle the imaging copyright.  That varies with the photographer.  We typically transfer copyright title to the client upon bank clearance of the final payment.  Its their product - they paid for it.

Some where in the process you might ask them in an email.. if with their authorization continue to show their work on your site... free advertising for them.  OH and its good advertising for you too.

OK  information overload time !!!

-------------
/s/
Dave
Forum Moderator for
EasyPano - Panoweaver
Pano2VR

Visit 360texas.com

Message posted by rfh12002 on August-22-2006 at 6:26pm
View rfh12002's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by rfh12002 Search   Visit rfh12002's Homepage www   Quote rfh12002 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
rfh12002
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

July-07-2005
770 Posts

Sorry - I'm afraid I don't do this as its in a different line from what I do but this advice is excellent should I make the move.

Dave people like you make this forum the best I've been on!

F

Message posted by Wide-Eyes on August-23-2006 at 4:44am
View Wide-Eyes's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Wide-Eyes Search   Visit Wide-Eyes's Homepage www   Quote Wide-Eyes Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Wide-Eyes
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-03-2005
569 Posts

Hi Dave

Thank you for your input.

I have also had a talk with a friend who sells over the phone. He also gave me a little advice. So now I just have to put it all to use. :o)

-------------
Best regards

Morten Andersen

Message posted by mgora1 on August-23-2006 at 9:34am
View mgora1's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by mgora1 Search   Visit mgora1's Homepage www   Quote mgora1 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
mgora1
Gold Member
Gold Member

June-14-2005
117 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by rfh12002 on August-22-2006

Dave people like you make this forum the best I've been on!

After reading on this forum for quite sometime, I will have to second your comments and extend them to others like Smooth.

-------------
Matthew

www.VirtualVue.com

Message posted by emarts on August-24-2006 at 1:55pm
View emarts's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by emarts Search   Visit emarts's Homepage www   Quote emarts Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
emarts
Gold Member
Gold Member

June-08-2005
188 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by Wide-Eyes on August-23-2006

I have also had a talk with a friend who sells over the phone. He also gave me a little advice. So now I just have to put it all to use. :o)

Mind sharing that advie?

Message posted by jrockwell3 on August-24-2006 at 11:20pm
View jrockwell3's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by jrockwell3 Search   Quote jrockwell3 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
jrockwell3
Standard Member
Standard Member

July-10-2006
16 Posts
Nice Dave!

Cold calling can be the most difficult/ frustrating type of marketing. It doesn't matter if you're selling virtual tours, candy bars, law fertilizer or dirty magazines, you need to have thick skin and be able to rebound from the endless rejections.

The key to any marketing is to be persistent.   Many people give up after sending out flyers that get no response. They give up and leave it at that. You've got to target the right people. Test different types of marketing materials... emails.. cold calls.. cold walk-ins... flyers... web banners. Try different designs. layouts and copy for each. You'll quickly learn what works and what doesn't. (And youll avoid wasting a lot of money.) Be creative and inventive; try something that hasnt been done before.

http://www.gmarketing.com has some killer articles to apply to any type of product marketing.

I've recently started pushing virtual tours (only on a mild level) for the business. So far the best way to get the product across is to find a way to shove it in their face and force them to look at it. When a potential client hears 'virtual tour' most have an image of what to expect... low quality, poor function, and no way in hell does it cross their mind that they can look up at ceilings and down at the floors. We had to find a way to SHOW them.

This was our solution:

We developed a custom app that launched as soon as a CD was placed into the drive. It then gave a menu to view various tours and demos.

We had the CDs professionally replicated with custom screen printed label and sealed nicely in a CD sleeve. We took a CD along with a great look and informative brochure and placed them into special bags that are made to be hung on door knobs. I think you can see where Im going with this.

We hung the CDs on the doorknob of ANY house that was for sale -either by owner or by a realtor You could see the owners peaking through their windows and just couldnt wait to see what the surprise is (or maybe wonder who the hell is on their property). As soon as we were out of their sight line, trying not to look too eager, the owner opened the door and took the CD. Kind of how when the UPS guy arrives finally with a package you couldnt wait for, but you dont want to look too eager so you wait 30 seconds before you open the door. Dont worry youre not the only one that does this.

Our custom app would send a message to our server if the CD had been placed in the persons computer (only if an internet connection is available) so we could track participation rate.. An amazing 73% of the CDs that made it into the hands of a homeowner put the CD in their computer to view the demo tours. (There are some errors in that exact % but it's pretty close)

This was one of our smallest tests, but had the largest impact, so I know it will be used again. The ROI for this test was a whopping 1,000%!

Try different things that engage the clients interest. And forces them to see your product! This is necessary in todays marketing. Be different, but stay professional and never give up!

-Jrock

Message posted by Wide-Eyes on August-25-2006 at 3:27am
Wide-Eyes
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-03-2005
569 Posts

Hi Emarts

Of course I don't mind sharing what I have learned. That is why we are here. To help each other.

My main problem with phone calls is to prepare for it mentally. I do not like disturbing people and I know how annoying it is when sales people call me.

So here is some of the advice I found usable:

1) Take the attitude that the customer do not know anything. His stupid (dont let the customer know. But with this attitude it is easier to handle rejections)

2) You dont have to try and sell the client anything. Tell him that you just want to make him aware of you product. That way he have an opportunity to deside for him self  if it is something he finds usefull.

3) Make a manuscript. All major companies dealing with phonecalls have an exact manuscript that they follow.

4) Do it quickly. Within the first minute you can normally feel if the phonecall is going anywhere.

5) If the customer says "I dont have time right now" or something similar. Ask him when you can call. You then let him know that you respect that he is busy. In the same time you tell him that you are really interested in talking to him. And furthermore it obligates him to take the time to talk to you when he sets the time for the next call.

6) If a rejection give the client 6 months and then try to call him again.

Hope this helps and that I have explained it right. My written english is not the best so please ask if there is something you do not understand.

@ Jrock  

I believe you are right. To get a message through you have to think creatively. Especially if you have a small company with limited budgets.

You should also see it from the clients point of view. What is most important for the customer. That you can scroll up and down 360 degree and other technical stuff?? Or that by using the internet to visualise their properties they attract customers??

And remember: If you can't bring Muhammed to the mountain, then bring the mountain to Muhammed :o) 

-------------
Best regards

Morten Andersen

Message posted by danny on August-25-2006 at 3:59am
View danny's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by danny Search   Quote danny Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
danny
Standard Member
Standard Member

April-06-2006
69 Posts

I haven't called others to sell products but I do received such calls sometimes. If your products are really helpful, i think many people would like to learn about them.But not so many know what panorama is.

So I think Google is really important. Try to make your website appear in the first page of some key words. Many potential customers would use Google.

The other method is to introduce you and your website in some BBS that your potential customers would usually visit. Let them know that Panorama can help them to promote their business.

Third, you may cooperate with some big website who provides services for you potential customers.They will introduce many for you. But of course this is really not easy to make friends with big websites.

These are my ideas and I don't know if it is applicable for you, but I wish it will.

-------------
Easypano, Inc.

Message posted by Wide-Eyes on August-25-2006 at 4:16am
Wide-Eyes
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-03-2005
569 Posts

Hi Danny

First off. What is BBS??

For me sitting in Denmark I do not believe that Google will help me. The need for Virtual tours / Panoramas is Latent. Meaning that they do not know about panoramas and virtual tours. Thus they do not know that they need it. And if they do not know the need it or what it is, they wont be looking for it at google.

Best regards

Morten Andersen

-------------
Best regards

Morten Andersen

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register