Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Which lens for spherical image ? Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by Showie on August-26-2006 at 7:40am
View Showie's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Showie Search   Visit Showie's Homepage www   Quote Showie Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Showie
Standard Member
Standard Member
Belgium
August-26-2006
18 Posts
Hi Guys !

I'm contemplating on purchasing the easypano software, but it is the tourweaver that intrests me the most. I have installed the demo version and I have looked at the sample images.

1. What's the difference between cylindrical and spherical images? I noticed that you have more reach with a spherical image, is that correct?

My final question would be which lens is required for these spherical images?

2. My ultimate goal is to create a virtual tour, as i've seen many fantastic ones. Am I correct in thinking spherical images are the best for this goal?

3. In the same optic, I have a Nikon Coolpix 8700, and there is a Fisheye lens availabel on the market, the FC-E9 of Nikon. Will this lens be suitable?

Greetz !!!

Joeri

Message posted by RuddersUK on August-26-2006 at 11:32am
View RuddersUK's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by RuddersUK Search   Visit RuddersUK's Homepage www   Quote RuddersUK Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
RuddersUK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United Kingdom
July-16-2004
372 Posts
Hi Joeri, Welcome to the forum. Yes the FC-E9 is the lens recommended by nikon for you camera.

Cylindrical V Spherical:

Cylindrical images are old school ie you get free software that stitches these type of pano with your digi camera. They are just normal 'panoramas' that dont give you a full 360 x 360 experience.

Spherical images allow give you a fully immersive feeling ie you can often look all the way down to the floor and all the way up aswell are all the way round in 360. They give you upto 60% more 'view' than the more basic cylindrical pano.

Spherical image are a must for the 'serious' pano photographer and can often be simpler to produce (depending on eqp & number of shots taken) The 8700 & FC-E9 will produce a good quality fully immersive image in 3 shots.

For your camera & lens combo I recommend you get THIS
tripod head/Lens rotator if you havent got one already.

Hope this helps

Regards

Message posted by Showie on August-30-2006 at 6:35am
View Showie's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Showie Search   Visit Showie's Homepage www   Quote Showie Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Showie
Standard Member
Standard Member
Belgium
August-26-2006
18 Posts

Hi

Thank you for the information

Your site : http://www.virtualscarborough.co.uk/towntour/towntour.html . On your left-hand site you have an air picture. When you roll over it with the mouse, a part of the air pic is highlighted. Is this made by Tourweaver ?

Message posted by RuddersUK on August-30-2006 at 8:14am
View RuddersUK's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by RuddersUK Search   Visit RuddersUK's Homepage www   Quote RuddersUK Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
RuddersUK
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
United Kingdom
July-16-2004
372 Posts
Yes it is.

Message posted by WideEyes on August-30-2006 at 12:52pm
View WideEyes's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by WideEyes Search   Visit WideEyes's Homepage www   Quote WideEyes Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
WideEyes
Standard Member
Standard Member
Denmark
April-15-2005
57 Posts

@ rudders

Youre my hero :o)))))

VEry nice work.

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register