Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: bad link after publish Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by roadrunner on November-21-2006 at 4:33pm
View roadrunner's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by roadrunner Search   Quote roadrunner Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
roadrunner
Standard Member
Standard Member
Spain
November-21-2006
26 Posts

Hi,

Ive been trying to post my tour to my web page.  I publish it and then go to copy and paste the link but the link doesnt seem right.  It reads:

<a title="#" onClick="openIT('Tourviewer_sample.html',889,588,null,null,'disppano')";>sample</a>

I tried it just in case but when you click on the link on the web page a message in the bottom left hand corner says: done but with errors on page.

Is it something Im doing wrong, if so I cant see where.  The tour works fine in preview.  This is my first time working with and tour software and html etc so be kind please!!

Thanks for any help!

-------------
Keep smiling....

Message posted by smooth on November-22-2006 at 2:13am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

<a title="#" onClick="openIT('Tourviewer_sample.html',889,588,null,null,'disppano')";>sample</a>

When you go to the page that you have entered the code on/to. You will see a hyperlink named in this case "sample" clicking on it will open the page 'Tourviewer_sample.html' and this is the page that "should" display your Tour.

You have to upload all of the components that make the tour:

• Tourviewer_sample.html
  • twviewer.jar
  • Scene (folder+contents)
  • Skin_sample.zip (do NOT unzip it)

Also you must be sure the server you are uploading to accepts these files (though not likely to be an issue)

Be sure your file size is reasonable and that the panorama images are less than 500kb each. Making them (resizing) 2.1/2 times the applet viewer window height is recommended. Do not use the "Encryption" within the Tourweaver program unless you have made 100% sure the server you are uploading to supports it. (it being the .jp1 file "image" extension). (It is very likely it doesn't).

If all else fails you need to supply us with the URL so we can take a look and see if we can see where you are going wrong.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by roadrunner on November-22-2006 at 4:32am
View roadrunner's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by roadrunner Search   Quote roadrunner Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
roadrunner
Standard Member
Standard Member
Spain
November-21-2006
26 Posts

Hi Smooth,

Thanks for your reply, I have checked everything you said and I cant find where its going wrong, all images are smaller than 500kb each, all of the tour components are in my folder and its not encrypted.  When you click on the link it just says error on page.

http://www.flor-del-golf.com/19.html

Oh, and please ignore the quality of the tour, were just trialling tourweaver to see if its right for us so the tour really is just a tester!

Thanks for any help!

-------------
Keep smiling....

Message posted by smooth on November-22-2006 at 7:58am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

It simply isn't there!

It should be at http://www.flor-del-golf.com/Tourweaver_sample.html and your code from the launch page is NOT what Tourweaver outputs you have:

<A onclick="openIT('Tourviewer_sample.html',889,588,null,null,'disppano')" title="#" ;>sample</A>

and it should be

<a title="#" onClick=javascript:window.open("Tourviewer_sample.html",'_blank','status=yes,top=0,left=0,width=889,height=588');>sample</a>

What are you/did you use to generate that code? and where did you upload your panorama/tourweaver files? Into another folder?

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by roadrunner on November-22-2006 at 3:29pm
roadrunner
Standard Member
Standard Member
Spain
November-21-2006
26 Posts

Hi Smooth,

When I published the tour to my public_html and opened the sample.html file, 

<A onclick="openIT('Tourviewer_sample.html',889,588,null,null,'disppano')" title="#" ;>sample</A>

is the code that it gave me and instructed me to copy & paste.  I don't get why it gives me this code as when I preview the tour right before publishing it reads

<a title="#" onClick=javascript:window.open("Tourviewer_sample.html",'_blank','status=yes,top=0,left=0,width=889,height=588');>sample</a>

It seems to change during publish but I know this must be something I'm doing somewhere.  Can I just edit the code, if so where or would this not be a good solution to my problem.  I would kind of like to understand why it's doing this to help me understand how to correct it incase it happens on another tour.

It seems a mystery!.....well to me anyway.

Thanks

-------------
Keep smiling....

Message posted by smooth on November-22-2006 at 10:47pm
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Simply open the page in Notepad or any HTML editor like Frontpage, Dreamweaver, AceHTML etc and edit the code as I have shown above.

Are you using a budget hosting service like Yahoo Site Builder or similar? The code shouldn't change just because it is uploaded!

Or are you attempting to input code into Dreamweaver as a snippet? Dreamweaver like Frontpage does some mysterious things when you cut and paste. A trick is to dump it on a note pad file first and then cut it from note pad and then paste into your HTML editor. That way it is plain text and not formatted code.

Keep me informed.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by roadrunner on November-23-2006 at 3:56am
roadrunner
Standard Member
Standard Member
Spain
November-21-2006
26 Posts

Hi Smooth,

Thnks for your reply and all your help.  Im unsure of the site builder I am using as its one that was supplied by my hoster.  I would imagine its not one of the best.  Ill try what you suggest and let you know how I get on.

One last thing and slighty off topic, I am going to be setting up a new site to host my tours on and seen as I have no previous knowledge of web building and html thought products like Frontpage and Dreamweaver would be a tad too complicated for me.  I have had CoffeeCup suggested to me as its a bit simpler.  Do you think this product will produce a good but simple website and have the capabilities Ill probably need?

Thanks again and Ill let you know how I get on. 

-------------
Keep smiling....

Message posted by roadrunner on November-23-2006 at 4:47am
roadrunner
Standard Member
Standard Member
Spain
November-21-2006
26 Posts

Hooooray!!!!!!!!

Finally, Ive done it.  I know it must seem such a simple problem but when youre such a rooky like me these little problems seem like such big ones and weve all got to start somewhere.

Thanks so much for your help and explaining it to me so simply.

-------------
Keep smiling....

Message posted by tturner on November-23-2006 at 11:35pm
View tturner's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by tturner Search   Quote tturner Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
tturner
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
March-09-2005
67 Posts

Greeting All:

Some of you have viewed my White Rock Lake tour demo that I produced with TW.  I recently donated this tour to a non profit group that supports volunteer efforts at the lake. The webmaster has been unable to get the tour to work and this thread has started to make me think that his system may be changing the code.  His page uses PHP and XML programing on what I think is a template driven webpage.  This is a non paying custormer so if we can't get it to work then it will not be a great loss but what if this happens with a paying client.  How many of you out there are delivering the TW code to clients and not just putting it on your own site.  Have your clients ever had trouble getting the TW product to work on their websites?  I do not feel that I know enough about HTML or have the time to hand hold every client through the upload process.  I am sure they will not want to pay if they can not get it to work.

Any thoughts?
TTurner 

the non profit site  http://www.whiterocklake.org/
my tour http://turnerimaging.com/whiterocktour/whiterocklake.htm 

Message posted by smooth on November-24-2006 at 12:04am
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Simply host the tour yourself if they cannot make it work. Any webmaster can nut it out in seconds. If they don't have an IT guy then charge them to host it and send them the link to add to their site would be my suggestion.

Typically when a site changes your code on the upload it is because it is a "poverty pack" web hosting deal with limited options and add on's. Any of these hosts that want or make you use their "site builder" console software simply avoid. Either learn basic HTML or hire someone to do for you (like me!). 

Your right, you cannot spend all day training your clients or holding their hands until it works, you would simply go broke.

Regards, Smooth

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register