Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: high quality issues Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by daugaard47 on January-12-2007 at 11:27pm
View daugaard47's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by daugaard47 Search   Quote daugaard47 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
daugaard47
Gold Member
Gold Member

November-10-2006
113 Posts
with my panos i take i can get some very nice high quality images,but when i publish them to the web it crashes the tour because the images are too big .so i go into photoshop and reduce the file quality so they meet the under 5ookb rule. but when i do that i lose the crisp images i have and the images end up looking like crap.MY question is how do i get the panos to reduce down to under 500kb but still keep the nice crisp photos?

oh by the way that jenny girl said TW 2.0 will be realeased in three weeks lol i hope there not getting our hopes up again for yet another let down:-(

Message posted by mstoss on January-13-2007 at 4:25am
View mstoss's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by mstoss Search   Visit mstoss's Homepage www   Quote mstoss Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
mstoss
Gold Member
Gold Member
Germany
December-26-2006
141 Posts
This is exactly why I will not buy TW 1.3. Have a closer look at the quality of ALL panoramas in the gallery, not the interfaces. Search the web for VTs and you will easily recognise the tours made with TW by their good interface design and functions - and by their bad panorama image quality.

When people were used to IPIX quality and bought VTs because it was cool to have one alone, TW 1.3 tours were a better choice than IPIX. Now the techniques for producing high quality images with DSLR and sophisticated stitchers are widely used and my clients don't want that low quality images in IPIX or TW 1.3 style. And to be honest: I DON'T WANT TO PRODUCE THIS LOW QUALITY EITHER!

I'm waiting like all others on TW 2.0 which I have been told should have a much improved player.

... well. I'm getting tired of waiting after all...

Michael

-------------
http://www.premiumpano.de

Message posted by daugaard47 on January-13-2007 at 5:55am
View daugaard47's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by daugaard47 Search   Quote daugaard47 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
daugaard47
Gold Member
Gold Member

November-10-2006
113 Posts
ok look at this sample tour and tell me what you guys think.there are 3 shots of the living room .starting off with the low quality shot first ,then mid quality and then full quality .i would like all the shots in the tour to be full quality ,but it seems to make the tour lag of crash if they were all full quality.by the way the rest of the shots are at the lowest quality.

http://www.lakeareavirtualtours.com/tours/samplequality%20test/Tourviewer_samplequality-test.html

Message posted by mstoss on January-13-2007 at 7:48am
View mstoss's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by mstoss Search   Visit mstoss's Homepage www   Quote mstoss Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
mstoss
Gold Member
Gold Member
Germany
December-26-2006
141 Posts
hm... does not seem to make that much of a difference to me, all panoramas are blurred. But this is not your fault, it IS the bad player.

See what can be done with a 251kb file indoor cylindrical image using ptviewer:

premiumpano.de/ ->select player: JAVA, select section: Ausstellung, select example: Kchenstudio

Yours,
Michael

-------------

Message posted by smooth on January-13-2007 at 8:32am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

While there is something in what you are saying it is not as bad as you are making out. The viewer works well "if" you resize and optimize correctly. Downsizing an image is not just a case of typing in the numbers in Photoshop and saving for web.

To downsize correctly it takes a mathematical algorithm that sharpens on each of the downsizing steps. Downsizing needs to be done in stages. This is best done using purpose built software. Like www.kissmyimage.com or better still FM Digital Darkroom Web Presenter (WP) Pro.

Jerkiness with Tourweaver viewer (most times) gets confused with the fact that people build their tours way too large and all the images are being downloaded in the background using up a lot of system resources.

OK, about the complaining about the delays in the release of Tourweaver 2.0. Firstly it does annouy me also. But you should consider the following.

• No point releasing something that isn't right or finished just to please people who want it now.
  • They isn't a product that is better than Tourweaver 1.30 at this stage. (Yes, I will argue the point) Tourweaver Pro is "Unbranded" nobody else offers this.

Something you don't want to know.

• Tourweaver 2.0 doesn't contain a "Flash" viewer. (this has been stated previously by Danny) it is not new news!

So there you go, it won't be too long now and there isn't anything better out there anyway. While your waiting "learn" how to resize and optimize images correctly so you have something up your sleeve for when it does get released.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by mstoss on January-13-2007 at 9:54am
mstoss
Gold Member
Gold Member
Germany
December-26-2006
141 Posts
Hello Smooth,

I would consider sharpening issues as a problem of the source files and the way the player is handling the images. If you simply let ptviewer open jpg file, the result is not good either. Images meant to be presented as quicktime or ptviewer or immervision all need different sharpening even when the source file dimensions are the same. Regarding TW 1.3 I found not one single example on the web, which I would be really happy with. I did not manage to find a sharpening workflow to fit TW 1.3 either. This seems not to be a limited problem of some users which don't know how to handle sharpening. This seems to be a viewer problem mainly.

But maybe I'm not right here. So I would appreciate very much to be pointed to a TW 1.3 tour example, which you yourself would consider well built with good quality images.

Yours,
Michael

smooth wrote:

"While there is something in what you are saying it is not as bad as you are making out. The viewer works well "if" you resize and optimize correctly. Downsizing an image is not just a case of typing in the numbers in Photoshop and saving for web."

-------------

Message posted by BrahmaVision on January-13-2007 at 4:17pm
View BrahmaVision's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by BrahmaVision Search   Visit BrahmaVision's Homepage www   Quote BrahmaVision Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
BrahmaVision
Standard Member
Standard Member
Slovakia
January-13-2007
21 Posts
Hello Michael,

Look at this, pls. and choose the panoramas with dash and word "- interier"
+ "- Okr. vlast. mzeum - expozcie" (between 13. and 14.)
in the left bottom list/table to see indoor presentations...

http://vt.virtualslovakia.eu/hanusovce

What do You think?

-------------
Mgr. Igor Socha - BRAHMA VISION, Slovakia
My Link
Sorry 4 my English      

Message posted by mstoss on January-13-2007 at 6:13pm
mstoss
Gold Member
Gold Member
Germany
December-26-2006
141 Posts
Hello Igor,

really a huge amount of VTs!

I would regard the indoor example which you are presenting as of a fairly decent quality. This supports what Smooth is stating, that sharpening can contribute a lot to player quality. Nevertheless it seems to be hard to reach such an impression and I expect to be this the rule (at least) not an exception.

I want to point you to an interesting example from the gallery. If you have a look at the first example of the last item "CAD AEC", you will be presented for a rendered scene. Here you have a clean indoor scene with no influences like quality of lens used, white balance, stitching errors etc. You have kind of ideal panoramic source pictures. And yet the impression is not as sharp as it should be.

Yours,
Michael

-------------

Message posted by BrahmaVision on January-14-2007 at 3:05am
View BrahmaVision's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by BrahmaVision Search   Visit BrahmaVision's Homepage www   Quote BrahmaVision Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
BrahmaVision
Standard Member
Standard Member
Slovakia
January-13-2007
21 Posts
Hello Michael,

I looked at CAD AEC presentation,
I made a test on identical picture with TW and Immervision,
now it seems to me that you are right.
The difference is not so big, but apparently the PurePlayer is better ...
(It seems that it has better handling of system resources also...)

Yours,
Igor

-------------
Mgr. Igor Socha - BRAHMA VISION, Slovakia
My Link
Sorry 4 my English      

Message posted by mstoss on January-14-2007 at 4:15am
mstoss
Gold Member
Gold Member
Germany
December-26-2006
141 Posts
Hello Igor,

hm... to be fair, this is not doing justice to the TW 1.3 player. The immervision player seems to apply significant sharpening on its own. This might look better at first hand, but to apply a general sharpening to all images will look good for some and bad for others. Individual sharpening together with a proper player display is likely to deliver better results. As such players like ptviewer, twviewer or quicktime could be a better choice. That's theory. Practically I think, twviewer is not living up to this yet. Maybe the TW 2.0 vers..... oh, I think we have talked about this, didn't we?

Michael

-------------

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register