Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Size Limits and Large Tour with Audio Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by Kevin on January-13-2007 at 4:38am
View Kevin's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Kevin Search   Visit Kevin's Homepage www   Quote Kevin Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Kevin
Gold Member
Gold Member

May-24-2006
133 Posts
Hi I am about to start a project that has a least 20 panorama nodes, audio for each of the 20 panoramas, and a lot of still images.

My question relates to the size limit of Tourweaver (32 mb correct?)

I did a test with a 30 second audio file connected to one scene. The file size was larger then 2.5 mb. At that size 20 images x 2.5 mb each for audio is over 50 meg just for audio.   

I am looking for suggestions. Has anyone complete a larger tour with audio for the web? What were you settings to make it work?

-------------
--Kevin

http://www.webvisiontours.com/

Message posted by BrahmaVision on January-13-2007 at 5:33am
View BrahmaVision's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by BrahmaVision Search   Visit BrahmaVision's Homepage www   Quote BrahmaVision Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
BrahmaVision
Standard Member
Standard Member
Slovakia
January-13-2007
21 Posts
Hi Kevin,
DO You strictly need all Your panoramas in one block?
What about to divide it into several blocks, every with several panoramas, connected e.g. with http link hotspot?

Would You like to publich it on CD? Cause, You know 4 internet purposes - 50 MB - quite enough (no problem if divided...)

I made several presentations with more than 10/20 panoramas, each about 800/1400 kB, I could not even imagine to put them all in one TW file.

As 4 audio, I am waiting 4 mp3 support in TW2. This .au files are tooooooo big....

Igor

-------------
Mgr. Igor Socha - BRAHMA VISION, Slovakia
My Link
Sorry 4 my English      

Message posted by Kevin on January-13-2007 at 8:06am
View Kevin's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Kevin Search   Visit Kevin's Homepage www   Quote Kevin Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Kevin
Gold Member
Gold Member

May-24-2006
133 Posts
Igor,

Thanks for the suggestion. When you mention block - you mean different tour applets correct?

Yes, I considered this and was thinking it might be the way to go. However, I think the client will want just one. They want a map and all the locations highlighted on the map. It is for a college and they are not interested in a CD - just the web.

I too am hoping that the next release may have a higher limit and MP3 support.

-------------
--Kevin

Message posted by smooth on January-13-2007 at 8:54am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Kevin,

Will people wait for a 32mb tour to download anyway? I wouldn't and I have a fast connection and my interests is in panoramas!

Making multiple "tours" allows things to be broken down in file size. It also allows you to use a different map in each tour. You can also use a hyperlink from within the one tour to open the next tour (same page)

Using Tourweaver 1.30 your panoramas shouldn't and needn't be larger than say 2000x1000 and 350kb each (max).

If audio is a must you can add these in .mp3 via flash on the same page just under or just above the applet. This is only an issue if they "must" be assigned to each individual panorama image. With the correct player you can select from a play list and the user can turn the sound off and agjust the volume using the on screen flash player controls. Some smart grapics and it will look "as one" with the skin.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by BrahmaVision on January-13-2007 at 12:16pm
View BrahmaVision's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by BrahmaVision Search   Visit BrahmaVision's Homepage www   Quote BrahmaVision Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
BrahmaVision
Standard Member
Standard Member
Slovakia
January-13-2007
21 Posts
Kevin,
try to look at this:
http://vt.virtualslovakia.eu/hanusovce

As for the file size: in my country is normal to have wifi or adsl connection, I prefer size between 400 - 1500 kb.
U must decide - whether fast download or better quality. Hovewer the technology development goes on - be prepared 4 near future ...

Regards,
Igor

-------------
Mgr. Igor Socha - BRAHMA VISION, Slovakia
My Link
Sorry 4 my English      

Message posted by Kevin on January-13-2007 at 1:58pm
Kevin
Gold Member
Gold Member

May-24-2006
133 Posts
Thanks Smooth... great points on tour size. I'm not at all familiar with flash (yet ).

Igor, thanks for the link... it gives me much to think about. It looks like you use the map in the html to send folks to just a smaller applet for each set of tours.

--Kevin

-------------
--Kevin

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register