Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Image Quality Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by roadrunner on January-17-2007 at 9:12am
View roadrunner's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by roadrunner Search   Quote roadrunner Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
roadrunner
Standard Member
Standard Member
Spain
November-21-2006
26 Posts

Hi everyone!

I am having problems with the quality of my still images when viewing them in tourweaver.  They were originally 4000x2000 and have been resized to 372x205 in PS to fit my viewer so the size of the image is only about 70kb (and quality is great).  When I add the image to TW so that it is part of the movie the image quality is terrible.  However, if I add the still image to my skin the quality is fine. A problem only seems to appear when its placed in the movie/viewer.

Can anyone help as I've tried resizing and resaving the image in every way I know, which isn't that many, but I'm stuck.

Any help, extremely appreciated!

-------------
Keep smiling....

Message posted by smooth on January-17-2007 at 9:29am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Your panorama image should be 2 1/2 times the size of the viewer height.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by seanboy533 on February-04-2007 at 8:51am
View seanboy533's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by seanboy533 Search   Visit seanboy533's Homepage www   Quote seanboy533 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
seanboy533
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
September-07-2006
20 Posts

smooth,

i am trying to figure out you answer.  could you help me.  my photo is 2048 X 1536 is what my nikon 990 takes the pictures at; should i change my setting? my view in the VT is 800 X 600.  what size should i make the still to fit in this viewer?

thanks in advance

Message posted by smooth on February-04-2007 at 10:33am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Sean,

Firstly: DO NOT change the setting in the camera. Always shoot at your highest resolution and resize down in post processing.

Still images should be sized to the exact size of the viewer window. Panorama images should be 2 1/2 times the height of the viewer window.

Retaining aspect ratio's is a good idea. So make your viewer window the size required to keep the "still image" aspect ratio. Also understand that the viewer window is just that the viewer window not the whole skin.

2048x1536 is 4:3 aspect ratio so 800x600, 640x480, 500x375, 400x300 etc are all fine. So for example if your viewer window was 800x600 then your panorama image should be 2000x1000. 2 1/2 x 800 = 2000

There is not a set rule! But, this is a good guide to keep your file sizes small and reasonable for download and still keep good resolution in the viewer. This is most suited to Tourweaver 1.30 and PTViewer displayed applets. The door is still open on what will be "best" for Tourweaver 2.0.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by seanboy533 on February-04-2007 at 11:05am
View seanboy533's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by seanboy533 Search   Visit seanboy533's Homepage www   Quote seanboy533 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
seanboy533
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
September-07-2006
20 Posts
thanks smooth

Message posted by mskp on February-04-2007 at 2:18pm
View mskp's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by mskp Search   Quote mskp Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
mskp
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

September-14-2006
329 Posts

Hi, Smooth!

Very clear your explanation, as usual. Now in the sample (Noble House) that offers Easypano in TW 2.0 they dont respect those ratios. The viewers dimension is 457x344 and the panos are 3000x1500. Respecting the formula the viewer should be 1200x900. Am I right? Just to see if Ive understood your indications. Also in TW 2.0 I cant find the image size of each pano or still (as in TW 1.3), just the dimension (WxH). Right?

Regards, Martin

Message posted by Kevin on February-05-2007 at 7:30pm
View Kevin's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Kevin Search   Visit Kevin's Homepage www   Quote Kevin Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Kevin
Gold Member
Gold Member

May-24-2006
133 Posts
As Smooth states:

The door is still open on what will be "best" for Tourweaver 2.0.

I think it is going to be a bit more complicated since we now have a full screen option. You might have a small viewer window, but the pano will still need to be large enough to look good full screen.

-------------
--Kevin

http://www.webvisiontours.com/

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register