Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: What's it worth? Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by rockandrollhair on January-18-2007 at 2:09pm
View rockandrollhair's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by rockandrollhair Search   Visit rockandrollhair's Homepage www   Quote rockandrollhair Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
rockandrollhair
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
August-06-2006
25 Posts
I recently started a VT company in the Outer Banks of NC. Im a little unsure of how much to price my VTs. Im currently offering two standard tours. One is a basic, (no map) and the other is a premium (map, hotspots, and compass). Here is an example of a premium tour.

http://www.roundhousephotography.com/TCC/778Pub/Tourviewer_VT_Agent.html

Any suggestions on what I should charge for a tour with 5-6 pano scenes and 12-15 stills + map?   
Thanks,
Joshua

www.roundhousephotography.com

Message posted by daugaard47 on January-18-2007 at 4:05pm
View daugaard47's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by daugaard47 Search   Quote daugaard47 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
daugaard47
Gold Member
Gold Member

November-10-2006
113 Posts
i just started a company in my town.and i charge 150 for a basic tour like the one you did and then i charge by add-ons, 50 for a custom built skin ,30 for a floor plan if they provide me with one,100 if i have to make the floor plan.and so on and so one (pretty much) what do you think you time is worth? thats what i go by.for bars and restaurants i start at 300 and go from there.
hope this helps

Message posted by rockandrollhair on January-18-2007 at 4:34pm
View rockandrollhair's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by rockandrollhair Search   Visit rockandrollhair's Homepage www   Quote rockandrollhair Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
rockandrollhair
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
August-06-2006
25 Posts
Thanks daugaard, that's pretty much what I was thinking. Right around $275 including a floorplan and all the bells and whistles. I haven't done any marketing yet and just wanted to get my prices straight before I do.

Message posted by Thatone1785 on January-19-2007 at 2:21am
View Thatone1785's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Thatone1785 Search   Visit Thatone1785's Homepage www   Quote Thatone1785 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Thatone1785
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
June-10-2006
154 Posts
If you are planning on marketing to Real Estate Agents, it is very important to remember that Realtors are the cheapest people in the world! We almost never advertise our prices on fliers or handouts because we want them to see the quality of our product first - I looked at your tour, and it looks better than probably anything else that is available to your local real estate agents. However, it is extremely unfortunate that when most real estate agents think of a virtual tour, they think of a visualtour.com tour or an old distorted Ipix tour which, as you know, can not even compare to what you are doing... The biggest challenge I face in selling to Realtors, is just getting the tour in front of them for them to see that it is not some junky looking do-it-yourself looking tour.

I have had a lot of luck visiting offices randomly with my tablet PC (I usually take some kind of flyer just to get in the door) then I have my tablet with my tour right there in my hands to put in front of them... While I usually only get to see one or two people during the visit, that is all that it takes to get my foot in the door, then you treat them right and they'll build your business for you!

Anyone else focus on Real Estate tours? We should start a discussion and share ideas on marketing real estate tours... I think we have done a good job having gained about 60 new real estate clients in the last 9 months, but I always like to hear what is working for others!

Message posted by rockandrollhair on January-19-2007 at 8:38am
rockandrollhair
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
August-06-2006
25 Posts
Wow. Thanks for the great tips! 60 clients in 9 months is extraordinary. As far as marketing here in OBX is concerned... We're having a hard time getting anyone on the phone so, like you suggested, we are going to just start going around office to office and try and get our tours in front of them. I too have designed a flyer to handout and of course have business cards to leave behind. Im also an avid golfer and come this spring, Im going to try and hit up some golf courses in the area. Take some panos of their signature hole(s) and their practice facilities. Make a custom skin and map the course out with hotspots and a compass. This is something I think the higher end courses with nice websites in my area might go for. I'd love to hear other's marketing ideas. Im just about to get out there.

Message posted by pixelator on January-19-2007 at 9:27am
View pixelator's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by pixelator Search   Visit pixelator's Homepage www   Quote pixelator Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
pixelator
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-21-2005
502 Posts

Don't forget your local hotels, restaurants, bars and rentals.  Folks living (say in)Charlotte look on the web for nice places to stay, eat and drink.  After a google search 8 out of 10 will stay, eat and drink at the site with a virtual tour. 

Just saying not to focus all of your energy on the realtors

A virtual tour of the ferry ride over to the OBX would be pretty cool

good luck,
pixel

Message posted by daugaard47 on January-19-2007 at 2:00pm
View daugaard47's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by daugaard47 Search   Quote daugaard47 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
daugaard47
Gold Member
Gold Member

November-10-2006
113 Posts
ya im going to do the golf course thing down here,there is around 20 courses where i live. all with very nice websites.i thought about doing every hole on the course.for example a par 3,start at tee box then mid fairway then green.do every hole on the course like that plus there clubhouse and restaurant,you could make some serious money doing golf courses. also im trying to get resorts water parks , amusement parks, spas, definitely bars and restaurants,construction sites,bed and breakfast ,car dealers, boat dealers,pretty much anyone with a website that could use advertising . actually all this talking,im going to go and try to sell right now. good luck guys.

Message posted by Thatone1785 on January-19-2007 at 5:34pm
View Thatone1785's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Thatone1785 Search   Visit Thatone1785's Homepage www   Quote Thatone1785 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Thatone1785
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
June-10-2006
154 Posts
Hey pixelator,

You said that "After a google search 8 out of 10 will stay, eat and drink at the site with a virtual tour. "

Do you have a source for that? I don't doubt you for one second about that being true, because I'm sure it is, but where did you find that info? I would be a lot easier to sell on that statement if we can quote that it is from a reliable source!

We have been working to get some non-real estate business, but it's just about as hard to sell to a bar or golf cousre as it is to sell to a Realtor, and Realtors by again and again vs. a bar or club will likely only ever order one or two tours. - However, in the slow real eatate seasons commercial tours can really help the cash flow.

One market we have tapped into is sunroom companies and remodelers... We have a sunroom company that orders from us regularly to show off their best new sunrooms. It is also great to let them know that you can put the tour on CD so that can give it to the new sunroom owner as a gift... The owner will show that off the virtual tour to their friends and that increases the exposure for the sunroom company... Just a thought!

Message posted by pixelator on January-21-2007 at 1:59am
View pixelator's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by pixelator Search   Visit pixelator's Homepage www   Quote pixelator Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
pixelator
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-21-2005
502 Posts

Hey Thatone1785,

8 out of 10 came from a survey that I took at work.  8 out of 10 people that I asked (would you prefer to go some where you could see before you got there) said yes.  Not a real stat to post on your site I guess.  Just a little study on my end that provided the answers I needed. 

Guess all I can say is ask, write down the response and ask again. 

This is a great big world with lots to see, as for me, I'll stay, eat, drink, etc. at the place I see on the net, before I arrive.

Sorry this was not much help, however that is where I got the 8 out of 10

R,
Pixel

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register