Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Easypano branding Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by mskp on January-19-2007 at 8:46pm
View mskp's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by mskp Search   Quote mskp Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
mskp
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

September-14-2006
329 Posts

Hi, Ive read a lot of topics  referring to the easypano branding. After they launched the pro version one got the possibility to change the waiting logo to hide which software youre using. Now if I handle my client the virtual tour on a CD, he can find out in an easy way which software Im using to create his tour. Is there any way to avoid that.

Thanks, Martin

Message posted by smooth on January-19-2007 at 11:50pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Why is this a problem on CD? What is there to tell them anything?

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by mstoss on January-20-2007 at 4:52am
View mstoss's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by mstoss Search   Visit mstoss's Homepage www   Quote mstoss Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
mstoss
Gold Member
Gold Member
Germany
December-26-2006
141 Posts
Hasn't this always been possible even with web pages? Just have a look at the source code of the HTML page and there it is.

Yours,
Michael

-------------
http://www.premiumpano.de

Message posted by smooth on January-20-2007 at 8:22am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

There is what?

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by mskp on January-20-2007 at 10:10am
View mskp's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by mskp Search   Quote mskp Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
mskp
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

September-14-2006
329 Posts

Hi, Smooth

What I was referring to is that when your client opens the file where to copy the code he has to paste n his web page there he will figure out that the tour was created by "Easypano Tourweaver". So branded or not the information will be there anyway. Maybe Im missing something.
Thanks, for always being there.

Martin

Message posted by smooth on January-20-2007 at 10:29am
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

What is shown in RED below does not need to be in the HTML when you send it to your client. these lines are of no consequence - only placed in the code as guidance for the uneducated. That leaves only the "Class" line with any reference and it's hardly an advertisement!

<!--Begin: Virtual tour created with Easypano Tourweaver-->

<applet

codebase  = "."

archive   = "twviewer.jar"

code      = "com.easypano.tw.TWViewer.class"

name      = "TWViewer"

width     = "525"

height    = "743"

hspace    = "0"

vspace    = "0"

mayscript = "true">

<PARAM name = iniFile value = "Config_sample.txt">

<PARAM name = skin.bgcolor value = "255, 255, 255">

<PARAM name = skin.waitingimg value = "Skin/pre_loader.jpg">

<PARAM name = skin.archive value = "Skin_sample.zip">

<PARAM name = skin.archive.itemnum value = "26">

<PARAM name = progress.color value = "0, 0, 0">

<PARAM name = progress.bounds value = "105, 668, 315, 20">

<PARAM name = comappletname value = "UserApplet1">

</applet>

<!--End: Virtual tour created with Easypano Tourweaver-->

Anyway, why do you care is the client knows what software is used? The purpose of the "Un-Branded" pro version has to do with the fact that the Tourweaver GUI (Skin) has no reference to the software or the software manufacturer. I.E the loading splash and the right click over the viewer. the whole idea behind this is for the "average" Joe Blow viewer, not a programmer or those who play with the code. Nobody has ever claimed it to be secret building software. Sh*t Google panorama tour and you would find it!

If you can't see the value in this then by all means use whatever you like with the software companies name placed where yours should be (or just as bad) along side yours! (the software price is pretty much the same)

Regards, Smooth 

Message posted by mstoss on January-20-2007 at 12:04pm
View mstoss's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by mstoss Search   Visit mstoss's Homepage www   Quote mstoss Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
mstoss
Gold Member
Gold Member
Germany
December-26-2006
141 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by smooth on January-20-2007

There is what?

Regards, Smooth

_There_ is the hint about what software had been used. As you say:

archive   = "twviewer.jar"
code      = "com.easypano.tw.TWViewer.class"
name      = "TWViewer"

But as Smooth says, I cannot see a problem with that either. There is only a limited number of programs available to create a VT and it has never been a matter of secrets to use one of them.

The desire to display a customised screen with the pro version is mainly aiming at the web users of a given VT, not to your client who is presenting it to those users. So why bother? Are you afraid of that your client will produce a VT inhouse in the future? Well, you cannot prevent him to do so by hiding the tools you use. Why should he do this when your service is ok?

Yours,
Michael

-------------
http://www.premiumpano.de

Message posted by mskp on January-20-2007 at 5:19pm
mskp
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

September-14-2006
329 Posts

Thanks, Smooth

Danke, Michael

Message posted by BrahmaVision on January-21-2007 at 11:47am
View BrahmaVision's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by BrahmaVision Search   Visit BrahmaVision's Homepage www   Quote BrahmaVision Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
BrahmaVision
Standard Member
Standard Member
Slovakia
January-13-2007
21 Posts
Hello, Martin

1. Make a flash skin, so noone can see what`s behind
2. In status bar, the message "Applet TWViewer loaded" appears so U have to change TWViewer to something else, e.g. "Applet MSKPViewer loaded"

Follow two changes in color:

<applet

code      = "com.easypano.tw.TWViewer.class"

codebase = "."

name      = "MSKP"

width     = "459"

height    = "544"

hspace    = "0"

vspace    = "0"

mayscript = "true"

archive   = "twviewer.jar" id="MSKP"

>

<PARAM name = iniFile value = "Config_001.txt">

<PARAM name = skin.bgcolor value = "255, 255, 255">

<PARAM name = skin.waitingimg value = "Skin/bvisionsmall2.gif">

<PARAM name = skin.archive value = "Skin_001.zip">

<PARAM name = skin.archive.itemnum value = "24">

<PARAM name = progress.color value = "255, 128, 0">

<PARAM name = progress.bounds value = "90, 507, 274, 8">

<PARAM name = comappletname value = "UserApplet1">

</applet>

If U are not familiar with flash look here http://easypano.com/forum/display_topic_threads.asp?ForumID=6&TopicID=2541&SearchPagePosition=1&search=purple+mountain&searchMode=allwords&searchIn=Topic&forum=0&searchSort=dateDESC&ReturnPage=Search

Another possibility is to use tag <iframe> and embed applet there. Be shure to make the iframe the same size as the twviever aplet are. By doing this U only mask the real adress of Your TWViever applet. If Your client knows iframe he looks at the code and finds the right adress.
The flash is safe.

Yours, Igor

-------------
Mgr. Igor Socha - BRAHMA VISION, Slovakia
My Link
Sorry 4 my English      

Message posted by Kevin on January-21-2007 at 10:46pm
View Kevin's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Kevin Search   Visit Kevin's Homepage www   Quote Kevin Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Kevin
Gold Member
Gold Member

May-24-2006
133 Posts
I also agree being able to find out what software is being used is not a big deal. Your client isn't paying you because you own a piece of software. They are paying you for the experience you have with the creation of panoramas and then skillfully using the software to create an attractive and easy to navigate tour window.

If the client wants to try developing tours in house then let them. As we all know it isn't as easy as buying a camera, lens, tripod, panohead and some software. They will spend more money in lost productivity trying to replicate the quality you can provide in less time.

I have only been doing this as a hobby for about a year and a half and I can look back and see a huge learning curve (much of which was aided by these forums and the great folks out their willing to share their knowledge - Thanks Dave and Smooth and all the other regular contributors).

While I still have a ton of room for improvement the panoramas I did a year ago look like junk compared to my current work. Don't get trapped into thinking your services are just about the equipment and software, it is not. You are selling them your experiences and the time it took you to develop an expertise in this type of multimedia presentation. I am very honest with my clients that I use a software application to develop portions of their final product. This allows me to also be honest about the features I can provide and the limitations of the software.

-------------
--Kevin

http://www.webvisiontours.com/

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register