Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Tourweaver 2.0 Beta (1) Initial Thoughts! Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by smooth on January-24-2007 at 3:48am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

OK, it's new and I don't want to be to harsh yet!

• The viewer is err, not so great.
  • The "Right Click Menu" (Help) points to Easypano's website (Not Professional) Maybe this can be altered and I haven't spotted it? Can't find it in the help files either.
  • Personally I don't think the GUI layout comes across as "Easy" It took me a while just to find the place to insert a panorama. (No I didn't read the manual) It should be "SO" obvious!
  • The program didn't work properly until I rebooted.
  • For the amount of time it has taken to get to this beta I really don't see that much of an improvement. - maybe it's not obvious either? -

No doubt there is more to come both positive and negative. Please share your initial thoughts.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by mstoss on January-24-2007 at 4:13am
View mstoss's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by mstoss Search   Visit mstoss's Homepage www   Quote mstoss Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
mstoss
Gold Member
Gold Member
Germany
December-26-2006
141 Posts
Hello Smooth,

:-) that's funny. I really had my doubts, but you didn't. Now it is me who is really excited about TW 2, especially the player. I normally render 2000x1000 images with max 250kb in size for a ptviewer display and even qt does perform well with these sizes. (my source files are much bigger though). TW 1.3 never managed to show reasonable quality with these images, but TW 2.0 does.

The layout has changed much. It is closer to Photoshop or Dreamweaver now with panels everywhere. This might not seem as straightforward as the old version, but I think the change is to the better in the long run.

You are right that it takes a bit longer to understand what is going on. For instance, I could not figure out how to link my hotspots in the panoramas and map until now. Guess I will find out sooner or later :-)

Installation was easy going, no crashes until now, preview is running smooth (XP SP 2 on a 3 year old notebook Intel mobile 4/ 3.06, 1gb)

Yours,
Michael

-------------
http://www.premiumpano.de

Message posted by smooth on January-24-2007 at 4:23am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

I was under the impression that 2.0 was to be ActiveX and that would have cured the viewer issues with the correct technology. I run a 3500+ AMD with 4GB of Ram + a decent graphics card with 512mb RAM onboard and the fullscreen display is choppy with box flashing under the mouse pointer. Inertia is not right and the viewer seems to do it's own thing (too slow to react).

I have been reading about the improvements and it does have some things that were not obvious and I need to play some more.

As for the GUI. I don't, NOT agree with it totally. But for a company that promotes itself on ease of use I think it's wide of that mark. Newbies (noObs) will not find it easy.

Also I'm disappointed in Danny (He has said nothing for ages) I was at least expecting a notification of it's release here on the forum.

Still, lots too play with and get my head around. Before making more judgments.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by daugaard47 on January-24-2007 at 4:41am
View daugaard47's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by daugaard47 Search   Quote daugaard47 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
daugaard47
Gold Member
Gold Member

November-10-2006
113 Posts
Its going to take awhile, to get used to the new layout.it took me forever to find out how to put my hot spots in.i dont like the feel of the viewport when you manualy move around the scene . it moves further than i want it to . and like you said i dont like how the right click will take you to easypano website.i really hope that is not set in stone. i do like how you can view all the hotspots but i wish i could drag and drop them into the scene instead of droping them into the folder. im sure once we play with it we will like it more.Its 3:30 in the morning for me and it all a little to much for me to take in right now. I just glad it is finally here. oh, danny told me you would be able to export to dvd (didnt see that)
Later Daugaard47

Message posted by mstoss on January-24-2007 at 4:53am
View mstoss's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by mstoss Search   Visit mstoss's Homepage www   Quote mstoss Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
mstoss
Gold Member
Gold Member
Germany
December-26-2006
141 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by smooth on January-24-2007

<FONT face=Verdana>As for the GUI. I don't, NOT agree with it totally. But for a company that promotes itself on ease of use I think it's wide of that mark. Newbies (noObs) will not find it easy.

<FONT face=Verdana>Also I'm disappointed in Danny (He has said nothing for ages) I was at least expecting a notification of it's release here on the forum.

[/QUOTE]

Hm... yes, you may be right regarding the GUI from a target group aspect. But I think a good tutorial (project or video) could compensate for this. Many TW users will probably want to produce a lots of tours and they will profit from the new GUI.

The (absent) forum announcement was a piece of lousy marketing, yes. I'm not registered to a newsletter, so may be they have announced it there. It was by pure accident, that I found out from the first posting here. In december I visited the forum nearly every day to find out more about the release. Last week I contacted a competitor (there is at least one and I still watch out for their next product release) and since then I did not look at this forum so often. This is how you send your clients to competitors.

Yours,
Michael

-------------

Message posted by mstoss on January-24-2007 at 5:04am
mstoss
Gold Member
Gold Member
Germany
December-26-2006
141 Posts
Now I found out how to edit links. I don't like manuals either, but I had to read the help section. Now I know that I did close the properties as one of my first actions when I started playing. No wonder that I could not see the relevant informations then... :-) My fault!

Michael

-------------

Message posted by mstoss on January-24-2007 at 6:17am
mstoss
Gold Member
Gold Member
Germany
December-26-2006
141 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by daugaard47 on January-24-2007Its going to take awhile, to get used to the new layout.it took me forever to find out how to put my hot spots in.i dont like the feel of the viewport when you manualy move around the scene . it moves further than i want it to . and like you said i dont like how the right click will take you to easypano website.i really hope that is not set in stone. i do like how you can view all the hotspots but i wish i could drag and drop them into the scene instead of droping them into the folder. im sure once we play with it we will like it more.Its 3:30 in the morning for me and it all a little to much for me to take in right now. I just glad it is finally here. oh, danny told me you would be able to export to dvd (didnt see that)
Later Daugaard47

Make sure you have the "movie rec" window open. You will find 4 film strip icons on the left hand side of this window. The right one with the red dot is the "export video" button. Select mpeg DVD/PAL or /NeverTheSameColor there.

Michael

-------------

Message posted by smooth on January-24-2007 at 6:56am
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

I just made a DVD (a quick bodgie) and it worked pretty well. This is a great feature and Easypano should be commended for this.

My video quality was low so I hope to make a better version by adjusting the panorama image size and hopefully there is some sort of compression quality/sizing. Sort of would have liked the "Skin" to have been exported to the "video" on CD or DVD as well and not just the panorama images. Had it have been done this way the button controls could have shown "down state" while the movie followed the movie track path. 

Again the GUI and the record button is not obvious and needs a redesign. Imagine that was a GUI for a panorama skin, doesn't cut the grade at all.

Re the newsletter: I am signed up and have received nothing to inform us about the BETA release.

More to learn and play with.....

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by Thatone1785 on January-24-2007 at 12:23pm
View Thatone1785's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Thatone1785 Search   Visit Thatone1785's Homepage www   Quote Thatone1785 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Thatone1785
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
June-10-2006
154 Posts
I've got to say, at first glance I was pretty disappointed...
I'm still using cylindrical panos until I can afford to upgrade to spherical. Has anyone else tried adding a cylindrical pano yet? It displays like a spherical and zooms in to the center. I want it to start zoomed all the way out so that the most will show. I have tested the FOV setting in both the flat and immersive viewers and I can not get my panos to display right! They look terrible and you can not even zoom all the way out in the preview. Am I missing something here? This makes TW2 useless for our business

Message posted by mymelbeach on January-27-2007 at 7:47am
View mymelbeach's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by mymelbeach Search   Quote mymelbeach Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
mymelbeach
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
February-15-2005
58 Posts
To All,

I too see some improvements in this release. Overall I am disappointed that it took so long for the update given my first impressions. It appears that most of the time was spent on porting TW1.3 to the new GUI and not much effort was spent on new features. Here are some of my observations so far.

I like the new GUI (Adobe style) but it was not very intuitive. I could see newbies getting very frustrated.

The new radar is nice because it can be used standalone without a hotspot. This eliminates the need as in TW1.3 for adding both a hotspot and radar (compass).

Where is the FTP????
This is a HUGE take-away!!!
I don't want to have to use another application to publish my tours. Please put it back!!!

I have not found a control for preview quality. The preview is so choppy I would like to see a parameter in the preferences to change this.

Smooth,
The reason you have not heard from Danny is that he does not work there any longer according to their live support rep I spoke with about 2 weeks ago. This may be part of the reason this release has been so delayed.

I am curious as to what Easypano will charge for this upgrade. IMHO I think this is a fair effort. I think owners of      TW1.3 should get the upgrade with minimal charge (< $100)
If they try to get more than that they may find few takers because I just don't see that many reasons to upgrade. Fullscreen and multiple maps were welcome features but there are workarounds to these with TW1.3.

Will continue to play...

Walt

-------------
Regards,
mymelbeach

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register