Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: help with ftp Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by simba on January-25-2007 at 5:16pm
View simba's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by simba Search   Quote simba Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
simba
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
November-14-2006
10 Posts

Ok guys, so I have my tour set up in TW but how can i get this from tw to my web page.

I use Frontpage for web design, so for example the page url address i wanted to add my tour too was www .360.com/new_page_1.htm how would i go about it, ive seen the help section but this just gets me confused, do i need to do anything in frontpage like add a flash viewer or what, and can i still adjust the look of my page and decide where the viewer will come in the page.

i'm really stuck and just need some advice - please please please.

Someone to the rescue hopefully.

Any help much appreciated - Simba

-------------
chicken or egg... its still a mystery lol

Message posted by roadkillron on January-25-2007 at 9:54pm
View roadkillron's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by roadkillron Search   Visit roadkillron's Homepage www   Quote roadkillron Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
roadkillron
Gold Member
Gold Member

November-04-2006
156 Posts

Simba,

Tourweaver makes the code for you, so you should not have to edit too much in FrontPage, The "skin" in tourweaver is where you layout the look of your tour - Background (design in Photoshop or use supplied samples), Viewer window, Company Logo, Map and compass', Scene descriptions etc. Once this is done and published locally you can use FrontPage to make links based on the sample code provided in name-of-your-file.html to decide where the viewer will come in the page. This file is one you could edit in Front Page to match your site, just keep the link code in tact, its constraints match the tour windows "skin size".

To get your tour into Front Page you will need to first publish the tour to a folder on your local machine. In the publish settings in TW you can publish to a folder in the root of your local FP web and name your page new_page_1.htm for example, browse or point to (\My Documents\My Web Sites\Your_website\Your Tours folder\new_page_1.html). If you used TW to publish to a different location already, Copy or import the folder and files created by Tourweaver into your website in Front Page, keeping the same file structure. In V1.3 TourWeaver creates a folder named Scene and some files .zip,  .jar, Tourweaver_name-of-your-file.html,  etc. TW V2.0 has some additional folders and files, either way get all the Tourweaver published contents into your web.

After that use Front Page to ftp upload or "publish" the folder to your website.
In the screenshot below the page with the sample link code and link to the tour is at:
http://www.fredslounge.net/tour/freds_lounge.html and the links point to the page that already has the code written to embed the tours in the html page,
http://www.fredslounge.net/tour/Tourviewer_freds_lounge.html

-------------
Roadkill

Message posted by simba on January-27-2007 at 3:15am
View simba's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by simba Search   Quote simba Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
simba
Standard Member
Standard Member
United Kingdom
November-14-2006
10 Posts

Ahh i see,

Many thanks roadkill, some tip-top advice me thinks, that makes it much easier. Well it now be half 8 in the morning and i'm off to work, but i'll be sure to try this out when eventually get home again later today.

Many thanks again RK, and best regards. - Simba

-------------
chicken or egg... its still a mystery lol

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register