Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Floor Plan Software? Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by Thatone1785 on January-29-2007 at 12:31pm
View Thatone1785's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Thatone1785 Search   Visit Thatone1785's Homepage www   Quote Thatone1785 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Thatone1785
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
June-10-2006
154 Posts
Hey Everyone!

With the release of TW2 coming and multiple floor plans now a possibility, I want spice up our floor plans a little.

What is everyone using for floor plans?

I am looking for something easy to use, but powerful with the possibility of basic 3D output. We currently do floor plans complete with all interior and exterior walls and all symbols with Apex software for about 40-50 homes per month and growing. My favorite thing about Apex is their tablet pc edition that makes drawing all of the walls a real breeze, and I can get through about 4000sqft/hr.   However, the new version they just came out with is a real disappointment and I'm ready for a change!

Any input will be greatly appreciated - Samples would also be a great help!

Message posted by vilmer on January-29-2007 at 1:30pm
View vilmer's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by vilmer Search   Visit vilmer's Homepage www   Quote vilmer Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
vilmer
Gold Member
Gold Member

April-08-2006
218 Posts
clicky

Message posted by Hawkaye on January-29-2007 at 6:36pm
View Hawkaye's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Hawkaye Search   Visit Hawkaye's Homepage www   Quote Hawkaye Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Hawkaye
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
April-19-2006
18 Posts
Have you tried SketchUp yet?

Message posted by Thatone1785 on January-29-2007 at 7:50pm
View Thatone1785's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Thatone1785 Search   Visit Thatone1785's Homepage www   Quote Thatone1785 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Thatone1785
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
June-10-2006
154 Posts
Where can I find SketchUp Yet?

Message posted by mskp on January-29-2007 at 9:18pm
View mskp's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by mskp Search   Quote mskp Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
mskp
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

September-14-2006
329 Posts

Hi, you will find it in Google. Its from them. So search in Google and the first post ist SketchUp. Its free and has a lot of options.

http://www.sketchup.com/

Regards, Martin

Message posted by Wide-Eyes on January-30-2007 at 3:22am
View Wide-Eyes's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Wide-Eyes Search   Visit Wide-Eyes's Homepage www   Quote Wide-Eyes Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Wide-Eyes
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-03-2005
569 Posts

There is also floorplad 3d from http://www.imsisoft.com/prodinfo.asp?t=1&mcid=391 

I have used it many times - you can see one example here. http://www.herthadalen.dk/visuel_rundtur.html 

Just click the image and it appears.

Best regards

Morten

-------------
Best regards

Morten Andersen
- a newbie trying to improve

Message posted by mymelbeach on January-31-2007 at 6:33pm
View mymelbeach's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by mymelbeach Search   Quote mymelbeach Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
mymelbeach
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
February-15-2005
58 Posts
Thatone,

I have used Smartdraw and like it for 2D plans but for 3D I used Envisioneer by Cadsoft. Here are 2 examples. I used the Envisioneer because it enabled me to do the 3D Panos as well.

Walt

http://bethere360.com/vt/egrc/Tourviewer_egrchib.html

http://bethere360.com/vt/egrc/Tourviewer_egrcmag.html

-------------
Regards,
mymelbeach

Message posted by mymelbeach on January-31-2007 at 6:40pm
View mymelbeach's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by mymelbeach Search   Quote mymelbeach Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
mymelbeach
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
February-15-2005
58 Posts
Direct links for the above post...

Walt

Example 1

Example 2

-------------
Regards,
mymelbeach

Message posted by Thatone1785 on January-31-2007 at 9:26pm
Thatone1785
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
June-10-2006
154 Posts
Thanks everyone...
Envisioneer by Cadsoft looks like a great program - Expensive though, I really wish they had a trial download.

mymelbeach, how easy is this software to use? Could I drawn the average home with accurate doors, windows and counters in less than 2 hours?

Thank you for your input!

Message posted by mymelbeach on February-01-2007 at 9:11pm
mymelbeach
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
February-15-2005
58 Posts
Thatone,
This software is marketed without a lot of bells and whistles through Broderbund under the name 3D Home Architect. Check that out. For $89 not bad at all. But you will not be able to do the 3d Rendering and walkthrough stuff. It may work well for you. Also if you need the high end version ask for a discount. I got mine for about $500.

As far as learning curve the Cadsoft Envisioneer was concerned...not too bad. You can do a single floor plan in under 2 hours once you learn the interface and find your way around.

It is a very good program and stable. I know it is expensive but the $89 version may work for you.

Walt

-------------
Regards,
mymelbeach

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register