Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: TW Skin Photoshop Question Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by Kevin on February-05-2007 at 1:14pm
View Kevin's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Kevin Search   Visit Kevin's Homepage www   Quote Kevin Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Kevin
Gold Member
Gold Member

May-24-2006
133 Posts
I am working on a TW skin and hit a problem I think some of you might know given how much we all use photoshop. I use photoshop a lot but my overall understanding of the program is still limited. I am just try to take an image, use the Marquee tool to select an area of it, delete the un-selected portion, and then apply a style to the remaining image (such as drop shadow, etc.).

However, every time I Layer Via Cut the image left has been faded on the edges. I can't seemed to figure out how to change this setting. Here area a few screen shots to explain.

Image:

Marquess Tool Select:

Right click and select Layer Via Cut and the edge/image fades:

Close up of faded area:

Here is an example of what I made yesterday doing something similar:

Thoughts?

-------------
--Kevin

http://www.webvisiontours.com/

Message posted by smooth on February-05-2007 at 1:45pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

You have a feathered edge you can't do it that way. You need to make your corners with a sized 0 feathered elliptical marquee tool.

I.E: Make a circle size 20 and move to one corner > then inverse (select menu) and hit delete > reverse invert and move to all corners and repeat.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by smooth on February-05-2007 at 1:53pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

another way is too use the Rounded Rectangle Tool and set the Radius to suit your requirements. (make this a new layer and adjust opacity to view) draw over your design. When happy use the Magic Wand to select it. Turn that layer off and then highlight the layer to receive the treatment, inverse and delete. (or) only select the "outer" in the first place (then you want need to inverse)

Regards, Smooth 

Message posted by Kevin on February-05-2007 at 2:08pm
View Kevin's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Kevin Search   Visit Kevin's Homepage www   Quote Kevin Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Kevin
Gold Member
Gold Member

May-24-2006
133 Posts
Thanks, that help a bit. The feather was messing things up.

-------------
--Kevin

Message posted by Kevin on February-05-2007 at 2:20pm
Kevin
Gold Member
Gold Member

May-24-2006
133 Posts
Smooth,

I may email you privately sometime in the future... at some point I want to increase my photoshop skills. At least starting with my panorama editing techniques (removing tripods, etc), I know I can learn more form you. While I do an ok job removing tripods I have been self taught and might be missing some steps in photoshop that could help improve me work flow.

I know creating custom skins is a bit more involved - it requires a more complete understanding of photoshop - I program so people spend years learning at a college level her in the states. I have tried to teach myself via the web more about creating buttons and using styles to create 3d effects for skins.

Oh, and here is what I ended up doing (I went simple and decided not to try an feather the corners, I just used some styles):

-------------
--Kevin

Message posted by smooth on February-06-2007 at 12:29am
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Kevin,

You are welcome to contact me, no worries!

Regards, Smooth

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register