Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: TW 2.0 Feature Request Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by marktold on February-07-2007 at 4:58am
View marktold's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by marktold Search   Visit marktold's Homepage www   Quote marktold Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
marktold
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-09-2003
348 Posts

Hi there

Have been playing around with TW 2.0 Beta and am missing one feature.

Creating panodepending externeal links.

Example:

Outside shot of a house. Text aere which discribs how the house is located in beautiful "West Whereever". I want no the chance to set a link (for that scene only) to the www.west-whatever.com.

Or if I have a scene of a bathroom i might want to link to the designer of the bath or the architect.

Anyone of you in the same need? If yes post here. Maybe EP will think about it and sneak the feature in.

OR

Maybe someone has a workaround for me to have external links scene depending.

Regars Markus

-------------
Nikon D70s, Sigma 8 mm, 4 to 12 shots, Agnos MrotatorTShort, PTGui, PS CS3, and lots of other software :-)

Message posted by tbrusson on February-07-2007 at 5:46am
View tbrusson's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by tbrusson Search   Quote tbrusson Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
tbrusson
Gold Member
Gold Member
France
October-23-2006
164 Posts
Hi,
use a hotspot on that scene and add the action link to the website

thierry

Message posted by mstoss on February-07-2007 at 6:47am
View mstoss's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by mstoss Search   Visit mstoss's Homepage www   Quote mstoss Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
mstoss
Gold Member
Gold Member
Germany
December-26-2006
141 Posts
Good idea!

I would like to have this feature too. Making a hotspot in the scene is a workaround, but it is not in the same league, I think. Users who read the describing text are used to external links and would easily recognise it there. So this would be a nice feature to have regarding usebility.

Michael

-------------
http://www.premiumpano.de

Message posted by Kevin on February-07-2007 at 4:23pm
View Kevin's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Kevin Search   Visit Kevin's Homepage www   Quote Kevin Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Kevin
Gold Member
Gold Member

May-24-2006
133 Posts
If you are not using the map feature, you could use that.

Add a map (which could just be an image), then add a hotspot to the map and use actions to link to external url. The hotspot could be any image - so you could create a button or something with text on it and your map image could be the same color as your background. The effect would be a place on the skin that show as nothing. But the hotspot image would be visible. Connect each map to your scenes.

The result would be a map area that serves up a new image each pano and each of these images would have a hot spot with a different external link. Here is a sample I pulled together to illustrate:

Sample Tour

Just a suggestion!

-------------
--Kevin

http://www.webvisiontours.com/

Message posted by marktold on February-08-2007 at 2:37am
View marktold's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by marktold Search   Visit marktold's Homepage www   Quote marktold Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
marktold
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-09-2003
348 Posts

@Kevin

That would be a work around if i would not be using the map, which unforutnaely I am.

Regards Markus

-------------
Nikon D70s, Sigma 8 mm, 4 to 12 shots, Agnos MrotatorTShort, PTGui, PS CS3, and lots of other software :-)

Message posted by mskp on February-08-2007 at 9:29am
View mskp's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by mskp Search   Quote mskp Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
mskp
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

September-14-2006
329 Posts

Hi, Markus!

It would be an interesting feature. Its challenging to find out how to resolve it. The map viewer (suggested by Kevin) is a good idea. Now you told us that you need to use a map as well. So why dont you copy the map and use every time a different copy of the same map and link it to the corresponding scene. Each time with a new/different hotspot that will link the user to the designers website for example. The hardest work will be to place the radar/hotspots of the location on each copy as close as possible to the original settings.

Regards, Martin

Message posted by marktold on February-08-2007 at 9:55am
marktold
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-09-2003
348 Posts

@mskp

That would actually be a working work around, but I don't date tho think about the amount of work to put in. grrrh.

I just hope EP is reading forum as well and listening - even if we are in beta

Regards Markus

-------------

Message posted by Kevin on February-08-2007 at 3:17pm
View Kevin's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Kevin Search   Visit Kevin's Homepage www   Quote Kevin Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Kevin
Gold Member
Gold Member

May-24-2006
133 Posts
Martin.

You said - The hardest work will be to place the radar/hotspots of the location on each copy as close as possible to the original settings.

In the Properties area you can place things by X and Y coordinates, so it is very easy to get the exact location for your hotspot.

-------------
--Kevin

http://www.webvisiontours.com/

Message posted by mskp on February-08-2007 at 6:30pm
View mskp's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by mskp Search   Quote mskp Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
mskp
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

September-14-2006
329 Posts

Hi Kevin,

Yes youre right, that will make things much easier. At the time I feel that this will be the best way to fill the missing feature.

Regards, Martin

Message posted by easypanosupport on February-10-2007 at 1:36am
View easypanosupport's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by easypanosupport Search   Visit easypanosupport's Homepage www   Quote easypanosupport Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
easypanosupport
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
China
January-24-2007
42 Posts

Markus,

We talked by livehuman the other day about the feature of adding actions to the text in the textarea so that the text can be a url link. Actually, I had submitted this request to our programmer, and they will consider adding this feature in the next upgrade.

-------------
Jenny
Easypano

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register