Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: TW2 Not Ready IMO Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by Kerry Rudy on February-16-2007 at 6:52pm
View Kerry Rudy's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Kerry Rudy Search   Visit Kerry Rudy's Homepage www   Quote Kerry Rudy Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Kerry Rudy
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
February-19-2005
104 Posts
I made the mistake of upgrading to TW2 without using the trial. I had worked with the beta. Unfortuneately, it is not ready for release in my opinion.
1. Save your work frequently. It crashes frequently.
2. I used one of their skins. I just took the guts of an old (TW1.25Pro) and wanted to see what was what. Didn't expect pictures to fit. Text in the text area was asked to center. The first one did. The rest did not.
3. Transitions are awful -- fade in fade out. See my sample.
http://www.webwizpro.com/Tourweaver/908/908Tour.html
4. Told it not to loop. Ignored me. Think I figured out how to fool it and make it stop on the last scene.
5. Worst thing of all. It ignores changes! I tried to change the radar areas on the map to no avail. What else will be ignored? I tried the Save icon, Ctrl S, File Save, File Save As.
6. Panos jerked. My Computer - Pentium 4, 3.0 GHz, 4GB Ram. Maybe better on yours.

Guess I will wait for next version and bite the bullet!
Kerry

Message posted by smooth on February-16-2007 at 10:38pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Kerry,

Your right mate, that is horrible. :O( and it's not your fault!

Here is the report from the Java Console.

<----------------------Start------------------------------>

Java Plug-in 1.6.0
Using JRE version 1.6.0 Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM
User home directory = C:\Documents and Settings\smooth

----------------------------------------------------
c:   clear console window
f:   finalize objects on finalization queue
g:   garbage collect
h:   display this help message
l:   dump classloader list
m:   print memory usage
o:   trigger logging
p:   reload proxy configuration
q:   hide console
r:   reload policy configuration
s:   dump system and deployment properties
t:   dump thread list
v:   dump thread stack
x:   clear classloader cache
0-5: set trace level to <n>
----------------------------------------------------

add res http://www.webwizpro.com/Tourweaver/908/908Tour_wait.gif
add res http://www.webwizpro.com/Tourweaver/908/config_908Tour.txt
add res http://www.webwizpro.com/Tourweaver/908/images_908Tour.zip
[<<Cur Applet instance>>] 1 1
add tpanel com.easypano.tourweaver.e.q[MapViewer,0,0,264x332,invalid]
add tpanel com.easypano.tourweaver.e.l[SceneViewer,0,0,556x454,invalid]
add res
http://www.webwizpro.com/Tourweaver/908/Scene/Take A Look.jpe
add res
http://www.webwizpro.com/Tourweaver/908/Scene/Living Room1.jpe
add res
http://www.webwizpro.com/Tourweaver/908/Scene/Living Room.jpe
add res
http://www.webwizpro.com/Tourweaver/908/Scene/Living Room Area.jpe
add res
http://www.webwizpro.com/Tourweaver/908/Scene/Kitchen.jpe
add res
Message posted by Kerry Rudy on February-17-2007 at 4:10am
View Kerry Rudy's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Kerry Rudy Search   Visit Kerry Rudy's Homepage www   Quote Kerry Rudy Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Kerry Rudy
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
February-19-2005
104 Posts
Hi Smooth,
Kind of reads like a horror story doesn't it! The tour was made from scratch in 2.0. I didn't import it. I just used the pics from a 1.25 tour that I had done. That mess was totally created in 2.0! Thanks for taking the time to run the console. Guess I'll go play with my Agnos and NN3 :-)
Kerry

Message posted by Wide-Eyes on February-17-2007 at 4:20am
View Wide-Eyes's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Wide-Eyes Search   Visit Wide-Eyes's Homepage www   Quote Wide-Eyes Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Wide-Eyes
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-03-2005
569 Posts

Well...

Maybe the future is tours made from scratch with plain simple html coding and full screen panoramas in quicktime. I know everybody are demanding flash panoramas. But are nobody concerned with the quality?? In my point of view the panos still look a lot better with a java player then flash. Why then consider a flash viewer?? Should we compromise?? I don't think so. I know that many of us make a living by providing panoramas that are superior in quality compared to our competitors. 

Sorry guys I just had to get that off my cheast.

-------------
Best regards

Morten Andersen
- a newbie trying to improve

Message posted by marktold on February-17-2007 at 8:39am
View marktold's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by marktold Search   Visit marktold's Homepage www   Quote marktold Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
marktold
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-09-2003
348 Posts

I don't need flash. JAVA is fine with me.

Better work on improvemnt on TW 2 then spend time on Flash

Rather have 100% Java then 90% Java and 80% Flash.

Regards Markus

PS: Preasure - Fix the help button.

-------------
Nikon D70s, Sigma 8 mm, 4 to 12 shots, Agnos MrotatorTShort, PTGui, PS CS3, and lots of other software :-)

Message posted by Kerry Rudy on February-18-2007 at 12:33pm
Kerry Rudy
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
February-19-2005
104 Posts
The more I work with this paid for PreBeta release, the more frustrated I get. Try to make a skin......mission impossible. Make a change and store. Nope gotta use a different name or go into windows explorer and navigate from "My Documents" to the skins folder and delete. No matter what, this is where this jewel goes. Ask for a Preview and CRASH.
Kerry

Message posted by mymelbeach on February-22-2007 at 6:55am
View mymelbeach's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by mymelbeach Search   Quote mymelbeach Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
mymelbeach
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
February-15-2005
58 Posts
Kerry,
I too am having lots of problems with this TW software. I am extremely disappointed with the quality although I still hold hope that EP will get the message and fix everything before they move on to other projects. Past experience has been very disappointing in regards to bug fixes. In fact their standard response is that "it will be fixed in the next release". And we all know how long that takes.

My biggest problem right now is that when I preview or publish tours the still images have a box in the lower quarter of the viewing screen during the transition. Once the photo is completely through the transition the still image is fine.

Do you see this in your tour? I saw that you and Smooth had discussed the transition being bad but just what did you see?

-------------
Regards,
mymelbeach

Message posted by Kerry Rudy on February-22-2007 at 7:32am
Kerry Rudy
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
February-19-2005
104 Posts
I didn't see a box there. If you look at the example of the tour that I put up, look at the transitions and you will see white squares in the bottom part.

I am hoping they will do something to fix this software or I want my money back. This is gross misrepresentation. It is like buying a car and then you find out it has no engine, no transmission and the tires won't move. This won't do a thing for Easypano. This wardroom malfunction will hit other forums and sites.
Kerry

Message posted by mymelbeach on February-23-2007 at 3:21pm
View mymelbeach's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by mymelbeach Search   Quote mymelbeach Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
mymelbeach
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
February-15-2005
58 Posts

Kerry,

I will continue to be optimistic because I can't imagine they would cut their own throats by alienating the small but loyal cusomer base.  I will give in to the notion that they were pressured to release TW2.0 prematurely because of the holiday.  With that said they best respond quickly and decisively if they intend to keep their base. 

There is some GREAT Flash Pano development going on out there with the release of Flash 9.0 and corresponding AS3.  If EP isn't careful they could lose a lot of customers to the brilliant and HUNGRY Flash developers with aces up their sleeves.

Mel

-------------
Regards,
mymelbeach

Message posted by Kerry Rudy on February-24-2007 at 4:11pm
Kerry Rudy
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
February-19-2005
104 Posts
I have spent 3 hours trying to make a working tour. I made a skin and thought it worked. Loaded pics and panos, floorplan etc. Previewed and it worked....till the last preview BOOM ---- CRASH! Hey, no problem, I saved my work. Reload ---- nothing! Great, all the work down the toilet. 4 times!!!!! Results for my efforts - Nada!!!

So glad I bought instead of using the Trial version. DUMB DUMB DUMB
Kerry

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register