Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: Tokina 10-17mm Lens & Canon 400D Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by Thatone1785 on February-22-2007 at 10:08pm
View Thatone1785's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Thatone1785 Search   Visit Thatone1785's Homepage www   Quote Thatone1785 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Thatone1785
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
June-10-2006
154 Posts
I have been producing cylindrical tours for quite some time, but I decided it was time to go spherical! I purchased a Canon 400D and the Tokina 10-17mm lens and some lessons from Smooth.

Here are my first two tours using my new equipment:
http://www.listingswithtours.com/0257/
http://www.listingswithtours.com/0258/

Please let me know what you think and please tell me what you think I can do to improve my photography!

Message posted by Thatone1785 on February-22-2007 at 10:16pm
View Thatone1785's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Thatone1785 Search   Visit Thatone1785's Homepage www   Quote Thatone1785 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Thatone1785
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
June-10-2006
154 Posts
By the way, a note for EASYPANO: We purchased the upgrade to TW2 PRO in confidence that after the Chinese holiday you will be removing the forced branded help link and allow us to replace it with our own. If you don't we will likely switch back to TW1.3 and wait for the guys who USED to work for Easypano to release better tour building software.

Message posted by smooth on February-23-2007 at 12:12am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Hi Will,

Overall the tour comes across pretty well and I much prefer your use of flash as the audio controls. (at least we know it works). Your images are a huge improvement on your previous tours but still are a little dark in some rooms. This you could fix whilst in the RAW editor. (but we didn't cover that).

Great to see your progress.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by Thatone1785 on February-23-2007 at 12:30am
Thatone1785
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
June-10-2006
154 Posts
Smooth,

Seems to be quite a challenge to get panos and all pics to look good everywhere... What looks good on my laptop can look very dark and poor on my computer monitor(which is a nice 19" newer monitor with brightness all the way up).

What steps can be done to help pics look better across the board? Anyone else deal with this? Once in a while a client will call and complain that the color is different on different computers... I'm not sure what to do here?

We will have a lesson on the RAW editing soon I hope when I get the NN3 in! Although, I'm not sure that for real estate that we can do that much post-photography editing without raising rates...

Thanks!

Message posted by smooth on February-23-2007 at 2:05am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Will,

What viewers see on their computer is one of the most frustrating things about the whole Internet image sharing deal.

Firstly LCD monitors are crap! But we have to live with them because that's what manufacturers are producing and the public have been conned into thinking they are good (just like Plasma screens). Don't get me wrong I own a High Definition LCD TV 1920x1080 resolution. But the picture is well, LCD!

For computers I use CRT flat panels because images look beautiful and don't look like a mass of dots or have a watery look that Plasma gas gives.

You must set your Gamma up to meet the correct standard which is 2.2 on a PC and 2.0 on a Mac. As for colour variations on different computers - well it's up to the viewer to set their screen up properly (and that isn't going to happen!) Turning the brightness up to 100% on your LCD is false hope. More like 80-85% is more realistic and your photographs should look right on your screen at that settings.

Mate, there is not easy answer. But even allowing that your images look dark on a correctly calibrated CRT screen I can tell you that your images vary in darkness and contrast from one panorama scene to the next. 

After just taking another look at your first tour the exposure looks pretty right but you have a lot of dark shadow areas and this has to do with the time of the day. The "Living Room" panorama shot is dark - too dark. Exterior shots look about right but again very dark in the shadows. This can pretty easily be improved with RAW editing and some special tips I can teach you.

Bedroom 3 is very dark. Even looking at your thumbnails show the colour variations between scenes.

..... and you are right! it will boil down to how much time you want to put into real estate tours as far as time is concerned.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by mymelbeach on February-23-2007 at 4:50am
View mymelbeach's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by mymelbeach Search   Quote mymelbeach Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
mymelbeach
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
February-15-2005
58 Posts
To All,
On the two links from ThatOne I am seeing the bottom half of the viewer as pure white during the transition on all still images. Panos are fine. I have a trouble ticket open with EP on this issue but I am curious that no one else has reported this. Please check the tour and let me know if you see the transitions OK by clicking on the still image thumbnails.

BTW, ThatOne, nice Tour package. I also like the idea to have a separate music player. Too bad EP can't get this right...

Let's all keep the pressure on EP to correct the many flaws in this package! Although I like the feature set in this release it is obviously premature in delivery and my experience with EP in the past on corrections to the current version has been less than satifactory.

-------------
Regards,
mymelbeach

Message posted by smooth on February-23-2007 at 8:28am
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

I also see the "half" white on the transitions. The product simply is a long way from being ready for release. It is no secret that once released Easypano rarely offer updates to fix bugs. Although there was 2 or 3 when Tourweaver was first released then 18 months of nothing.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by mymelbeach on February-23-2007 at 1:08pm
View mymelbeach's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by mymelbeach Search   Quote mymelbeach Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
mymelbeach
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
February-15-2005
58 Posts
Smooth,

Sad... I sure hope they read this forum when they return from vacation/holiday and realize how many customers they have disappointed. We must all keep the pressure on them to fix these bugs. This is simply unacceptable given the hefty price tag for the software.

It appears they were in a rush to get it out before vacation. Lots of work to do when they come back. I hope they have recharged their batteries...

-------------
Regards,
mymelbeach

Message posted by smooth on February-23-2007 at 1:43pm
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Personally I think it was the pressure of people here on the forum and those who emailed Easypano for the release (we want it now chant) that prompted the early release before the Chinese New Year Spring Festival.

I'm not impressed that this was done when it was obvious that it wasn't ready and quite a fair way from it. I'm still waiting on replies to emails I sent before Easypano went for there holiday break about quite a few business and program issues.

I'm sure Easypano will see the errors of their ways and fix and try to smooth over the issues. But I hope they go about it in a much more professional way!

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by mymelbeach on February-23-2007 at 2:55pm
mymelbeach
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
February-15-2005
58 Posts

Smooth,

I'm cautiously optimistic...I can't see them making the mistake of crappin' off their base customers.  Having a niche product like this will only yield so many customers.  They should make certain that they LISTEN to them and in turn they (we) will be loyal.  Right now I feel EP is at a crossroads.  There are a lot of loyal customers out there with their hands tightly gripping their wallets!!!

EP's response to this issue will be critical...

Mel 

-------------
Regards,
mymelbeach

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register