Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Sound not working Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by tizya on February-26-2007 at 5:10am
View tizya's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by tizya Search   Visit tizya's Homepage www   Quote tizya Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
tizya
Standard Member
Standard Member
South Africa
February-26-2007
7 Posts

Hi All

I am a total newbie to tw 1.30 and 2.00. Has anybody encountered problems with audio au or mp3 formats not playing at all when publishing a vtour? Might be something silly I am missing but I cannot get au or mp3 format to play for background sound.

ANY TROUBLE SHOOTING SUGGESTIONS....

Please...

Tizzy

-------------
tizzy

Message posted by mskp on February-26-2007 at 9:29am
View mskp's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by mskp Search   Quote mskp Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
mskp
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

September-14-2006
329 Posts

Hi, Tizzy
there are 2 more topics about sound.
Look for " NO SOUND WITH TW2.0" and for "SOUND IN TW2.0". As I mentioned in those it would be interesting to hear something about from those who already got the official release, specially now after the holidays and EP fixed the "Help" issue. Maybe they fixed this one too

Regards, Martin

Message posted by mgora1 on February-26-2007 at 9:37am
View mgora1's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by mgora1 Search   Visit mgora1's Homepage www   Quote mgora1 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
mgora1
Gold Member
Gold Member

June-14-2005
117 Posts
I have not heard anything from EP regarding a fix for this issue yet.

-------------
Matthew

www.VirtualVue.com

Message posted by mstoss on February-26-2007 at 12:37pm
View mstoss's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by mstoss Search   Visit mstoss's Homepage www   Quote mstoss Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
mstoss
Gold Member
Gold Member
Germany
December-26-2006
141 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by mskp on February-26-2007

Hi, Tizzy
there are 2 more topics about sound.
Look for " NO SOUND WITH TW2.0" and for "SOUND IN TW2.0". As I mentioned in those it would be interesting to hear something about from those who already got the official release, specially now after the holidays and EP fixed the "Help" issue. Maybe they fixed this one too

Regards, Martin

Just gave it a try with a *.mp3 120kb file. NO SOUND (preview and published VT) despite the sound playing well in the "sound" tab.

Regards,
Michael

-------------
http://www.premiumpano.de

Message posted by rjrourke on February-26-2007 at 7:49pm
View rjrourke's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by rjrourke Search   Quote rjrourke Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
rjrourke
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
February-26-2007
7 Posts
Hi Tizzy,

Check to make sure that the name of the file that contains your sound clips is the same as the file name that appears in the scene profile box. When TW2.0 publishes it seems to be sloppy about file names -- "scene" instead of "Scene" and "sounds" instead of "Sound". When TW2.0 runs locally it doesn't seem to be as case sensitive to file names, but the server sure is.

Hope this helps,
Bob

-------------
Bob

Message posted by mskp on February-26-2007 at 8:47pm
View mskp's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by mskp Search   Quote mskp Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
mskp
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

September-14-2006
329 Posts

Hi all!
In my original posted topic I wrote:

"Hi, I still cant find out how to add sound to a scene the way I want to. Adding sound to a movie works ok. But only in mp3, neither .au nor .wav works. Now adding sound to a single scene works, but when I try to add the same sound to two scenes, the sound stops and starts again from the beginning when it is supposed to continue until the end of scene two. And that only if it works, most of the time nothing happens at  the second scene.
Am I the only one to whom this happens??
"

Thanks, Martin

Message posted by tizya on February-27-2007 at 3:41am
View tizya's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by tizya Search   Visit tizya's Homepage www   Quote tizya Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
tizya
Standard Member
Standard Member
South Africa
February-26-2007
7 Posts
Hi Guys

Thanks for all the helpful responses. Seems to be working now in ie6 but alas not working with Mozilla firefox.
Toggling between version 1.30 and 2.00.
The easypano guys told me that they have reported this problem to their developers and I guess we must await the outcome. Totally new in this product but want to master it to the full-bugs and all.

Tizzy

-------------
tizzy

Message posted by tizya on February-27-2007 at 7:33am
tizya
Standard Member
Standard Member
South Africa
February-26-2007
7 Posts
Hi all

Easy pano has sent me a fix for the sound issue for sound not working. They promptly sent me some replaceable files.
This is for version 2. Their developers were working on that problem today. Another bug to report is that when an uploading
image eg. logo is used for the image viewer per scene ,then it appears every time when the scenes change in transition. This may also have been discussed previously in the forum.

-------------
tizzy

Message posted by mgora1 on February-27-2007 at 11:49am
View mgora1's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by mgora1 Search   Visit mgora1's Homepage www   Quote mgora1 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
mgora1
Gold Member
Gold Member

June-14-2005
117 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by tizya on February-27-2007
Easy pano has sent me a fix for the sound issue for sound not working. They promptly sent me some replaceable files.
This is for version 2. Their developers were working on that problem today.
It would be nice for EP to publish these fixes to all.

-------------
Matthew

www.VirtualVue.com

Message posted by rjrourke on March-03-2007 at 2:46pm
View rjrourke's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by rjrourke Search   Quote rjrourke Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
rjrourke
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
February-26-2007
7 Posts
It's easy enough to check if the TW "sound problem" is due to your server or browser. After you publish and upload a tour to your web site you can access the *.html page that calls the sound clip through your browser. You can check to see if the "sound pages" are there by opening the folder /sounds on your website while in your ftp application. There will be one *.html page for each scene in your tour and the page name will be "yourscenename_SceneSound.html. It won't work from your ftp loader, but you can get to from your browser by adding "sounds/yourscenename_SceneSound.html" to your web site URL.
I have the latest version of TW2 and I can get the sound to play on a unix server on a windows server and with IE7 and firefox 1.5, but I still can't get the sound to play by accessing the tour. This sure looks like a bug in TW to me, but after two bug reports to EP no fix yet!
- Bob

-------------
Bob

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register