Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: Sound Issues Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by mymelbeach on March-01-2007 at 7:12am
View mymelbeach's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by mymelbeach Search   Quote mymelbeach Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
mymelbeach
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
February-15-2005
58 Posts

I called the support line and was able to get some files to (somewhat) correct the sound problems.  While the sound will play in IE7 I can not get it to work with FireFox. Also there is no loop checkbox on the publish HTML input area.  Therefore the sound file plays once and stops (IE7 only).  Is anybody having luck with FF?  Curious about other's experience...

Mel

-------------
Regards,
mymelbeach

Message posted by mymelbeach on March-01-2007 at 8:37am
View mymelbeach's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by mymelbeach Search   Quote mymelbeach Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
mymelbeach
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
February-15-2005
58 Posts
Well perhaps I was a little premature.  The sounds only work locally.  Once uploaded to the server there is no sound.  I did notice that the "Sound" folder in the HTML dialog bow ends up being published as "sounds".  I tried to change the name on the server to no avail. 

-------------
Regards,
mymelbeach

Message posted by rjrourke on March-03-2007 at 2:40pm
View rjrourke's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by rjrourke Search   Quote rjrourke Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
rjrourke
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
February-26-2007
7 Posts
It's easy enough to check if the TW "sound problem" is due to your server or browser. After you publish and upload a tour to your web site you can access the *.html page that calls the sound clip through your browser. You can check to see if the "sound pages" are there by opening the folder /sounds on your website while in your ftp application. There will be one *.html page for each scene in your tour and the page name will be "yourscenename_SceneSound.html. It won't work from your ftp loader, but you can get to from your browser by adding "sounds/yourscenename_SceneSound.html" to your web site URL.
I have the latest version of TW Pro and I can get the sound to play on a unix server on a windows server and with IE7 and firefox 1.5, but I still can't get the sound to play by accessing the tour. This sure looks like a bug in TW to me, but after two bug reports to EP no fix yet!
- Bob

-------------
Bob

Message posted by mymelbeach on March-03-2007 at 5:13pm
mymelbeach
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
February-15-2005
58 Posts
Bob,
I've done some similar testing albeit on the movie and BG only. I have been able to get sound from those files but I want to test this thoroughly before reporting to EP. I really resent having to do my own testing though!!!
This stuff should have been a lot further along but I guess EP caved to the pressure to release. Regardless I will do some more testing and report back.

Thanks to all of the good support here on the forum!!!
Mel    

-------------
Regards,
mymelbeach

Message posted by Maggee on March-03-2007 at 6:59pm
View Maggee's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Maggee Search   Quote Maggee Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Maggee
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
March-02-2007
10 Posts
Can't you choose sound file and Loop option in the Movie window?  Thats how I did it.  Then when I published to html, I left the sound option blank and it works fine for me. The sound starts as soon as the tour loads, but not WHILE its loading.

Message posted by mymelbeach on March-04-2007 at 9:33am
mymelbeach
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
February-15-2005
58 Posts

Bob,

I have done some further testing.  I can access the sound HTML files from my browser just as you have done.  This is with both IE7 and FF.  I can not access them through the VT.  Same symptoms as you.

EP, please help!  It appears the problem lies in the TW software, perhaps in the process of calling the sound html files?

I will update my trouble ticket to reflect this additional info.

Mel

-------------
Regards,
mymelbeach

Message posted by disjo on March-08-2007 at 8:24am
View disjo's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by disjo Search   Visit disjo's Homepage www   Quote disjo Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
disjo
Gold Member
Gold Member

August-10-2004
107 Posts
Check my post in your other thread.

When you host on a Linux-server, be sure that all the file- and foldernames are exactly the same (check upper- and lowercase) as in TW. Then you shouldn't have any problems.

Message posted by mymelbeach on March-08-2007 at 3:23pm
mymelbeach
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
February-15-2005
58 Posts
All,
Thanks for your help!
I do believe the issue is in the upper/lower case of the folder and how it is being handled internally in TW. My guess is that it is written one way and referenced in another. Unfortunately if the experts here can't see it EP will have to get their programmers on it.

Please don't let this die! This feature is CRITICAL to my business and one of the reasons I purchased this software!!!!

Mel

-------------
Regards,
mymelbeach

Message posted by smooth on March-09-2007 at 12:01am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Since the release of Tourweaver 1.10 and all subsequent releases there has been "sloppy" coding done with regards to file naming using CaPs and this can be checked by doing a search on the "Scene" folder issues. All of this can be avoided if CAPS are never used when writing the code for the program.

Hopefully this is all the issue is, because if so it is an easy fix on the programming end.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by carolyn on March-14-2007 at 9:51pm
View carolyn's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by carolyn Search   Visit carolyn's Homepage www   Quote carolyn Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
carolyn
Standard Member
Standard Member
China
February-15-2007
37 Posts

As to the sound issue, the EP team are working on a solution to resolve the problem. If everything goes fine, a solution will come out next week. Hope this can help.

-------------
A Panoramic World created with vitual tour software-Tourweaver and panorama software-Panoweaver.

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register