Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Standard version preloader Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by Maggee on March-02-2007 at 4:03pm
View Maggee's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Maggee Search   Quote Maggee Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Maggee
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
March-02-2007
10 Posts

I am new to Tourweaver, having just purchased the Standard version a few days ago.  My sound would not work at all until this new version so I am extremely happy about that.

But I would like to ask... why are we forced to use the easypano preloader?  It is ruining the scenes.  Most of the time it just flashes for a sec or two before each scene is loaded and it looks very shoddy and unprofessional.  If you make custom skins and want a color other than white, it looks even worse.  If you change the background color of the scene viewer then the preloader image looks like some 5 yr old made the image.  I could deal with having to use their preloader if the graphic was actually transparent so that you could actually change the background color to match your skin, but this is terrible looking.

$200 is a lot of money to me... and enough that we shouldn't have to spend an additional $300 just so that Easypano isn't plastered all over the place.  The only times I have had the software's name on anything I have used is when I am using a trial or demo version...NOT after I have given them an arm and a leg to purcase and register the software.

Sorry, but I just had to vent a little.  I love the software and learned a lot just from the trial version, but this preloader thing just frustrates me, since it is ruining the looks of the entire movie.

Message posted by roadkillron on March-02-2007 at 4:30pm
View roadkillron's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by roadkillron Search   Visit roadkillron's Homepage www   Quote roadkillron Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
roadkillron
Gold Member
Gold Member

November-04-2006
156 Posts

Maggee,

I hate to rain on your parade, but it's my understanding that if you bought TW2.0 Standard for $200, it will cost you an additional $500 to move to TW 2.0 Pro to get rid of the EasyPano branding. It is quite expensive in my opnion, but thats just how it is I guess :(

-------------
Roadkill

Message posted by Maggee on March-02-2007 at 4:33pm
View Maggee's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Maggee Search   Quote Maggee Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Maggee
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
March-02-2007
10 Posts

Yes, I just realized that it would cost $500 to upgrade to get rid of that wonderful preloader image.  Thats even worse!

If they could just FIX it, it wouldnt be so bad.

Message posted by roadkillron on March-02-2007 at 4:40pm
View roadkillron's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by roadkillron Search   Visit roadkillron's Homepage www   Quote roadkillron Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
roadkillron
Gold Member
Gold Member

November-04-2006
156 Posts
Can we see it? They read here and have been fixing things slowly but... You should send a bug report to EP support too.

-------------
Roadkill

Message posted by roadkillron on March-02-2007 at 10:00pm
roadkillron
Gold Member
Gold Member

November-04-2006
156 Posts

"Most of the time it just flashes for a sec or two before each scene is loaded and it looks very shoddy and unprofessional"

Somethings wrong if thats happening? EasyPano preloader flashes for a sec or two before each scene

-------------
Roadkill

Message posted by Maggee on March-03-2007 at 1:06pm
Maggee
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
March-02-2007
10 Posts

Here is a link to a test tour.  I just used a couple images from one of the sample tours, plus there is a still image of the preloader graphic on a black background. 

I did mess around with it more and found out that when the image size is smaller, that is when the preloader briefly flashes between scenes.  So if I edit the images enough that problem disappears.

But that preloader gif is really terrible.  It needs to be redone and made transparent like it's supposed to be.  At least it wouldn't look quite so bad then.

http://www.aradesign.com/Tours/screenshot.html

Message posted by roadkillron on March-03-2007 at 2:55pm
roadkillron
Gold Member
Gold Member

November-04-2006
156 Posts

Thats an awesome bathroom! I see what your saying now, I never tried the standard version but I also have never seen the EP logo load like that between scenes, if you have the EP graphic set as a background maybe you should try not using it, it really does look horrible.

EP should provide us with a transparent gif (or PNG) that looks good with the backgrounds we choose. Sorry I couldnt help more Maggee, maybe someone else here has some ideas?

-------------
Roadkill

Message posted by Maggee on March-03-2007 at 3:46pm
Maggee
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
March-02-2007
10 Posts

Its not set as a background.  The background color of the scene viewer was just changed to black.  That is the only choice you have with the standard version, as far as I know.

The only other solution would be to use a white background, but that still won't solve the other problem.  Maybe I will have to contact support on this and see what they have to say about it.

Thanks for trying to help!

Message posted by roadkillron on March-03-2007 at 5:11pm
roadkillron
Gold Member
Gold Member

November-04-2006
156 Posts

Maggee,

I downloaded the Standard version and tried it out. The scene viewer is stuck with the EP preloading image as a background and you cant turn it off. In the pro version you can turn off the preloader and or change the image. I agree with you though, if there forcing you to use their logo, they should make it look good at least!

-------------
Roadkill

Message posted by Maggee on March-03-2007 at 6:40pm
Maggee
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
March-02-2007
10 Posts

Yep, thats the problem.  The image is sucky.  Plus the preloader has the jitters.

Now if I could make tons of money with this, I would use next month's grocery money to upgrade.  I really DO like this software.  Maybe someday.

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register