Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: TW2 File Compression Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by areimer on March-05-2007 at 12:44pm
View areimer's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by areimer Search   Visit areimer's Homepage www   Quote areimer Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
areimer
Standard Member
Standard Member
Canada
January-11-2007
54 Posts

One major issue which I have is with file compression.  There is a fine line between resolution and bandwidth consumption and I normally like to dictate the level of compression by individual image through photoshop.  With TW2, compression is uniform across the whole project and it is not possible to adjust this for individual photos as opposed to TW1 which allowed for this user control.  If I reduce a file size to 200 kb in photoshop, it will be rendered at over 400 kb by TW2 during publishing and it seems to matter little, if I use the high or low setting.  This is counter productive as you end up with a large file size but an image which has gone through two compression treatements with the consequent degradation.

Apparently this happens during the encription process from jpeg to jpe format.  It was not an issue with TW1.3 whether encription was selected or not.  If there is no work around for this it would be better to eliminate the encription altogether and just allow for direct input of photoshop images before or after publishing.  Ultimately, compression is a good idea but it has to work well and there has to be room for user input.  High, Low and "random" is not enough.

I really like the overall product.  I have paid for the upgrade and have a number of partially completed projects in progress but I will not be publishing until this issue is resolved so I hope it will happen soon.

Regards

Alan

-------------
Alan R
www.enviroscopics.com

Message posted by vtcoordinator on March-05-2007 at 1:45pm
View vtcoordinator's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by vtcoordinator Search   Quote vtcoordinator Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
vtcoordinator
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
December-08-2005
24 Posts
Very well put. I am very pleased with the fine tuning EasyPano has done since the original release date and the assistance we are getting from Joe. Hopefully, compression issues are on the priority list.

Message posted by Thatone1785 on March-05-2007 at 9:02pm
View Thatone1785's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Thatone1785 Search   Visit Thatone1785's Homepage www   Quote Thatone1785 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Thatone1785
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
June-10-2006
154 Posts
Make sure that you are sending a bug report or an email to Easypano regarding this issue so that it is being constantly brought to their attention as just posting it here is not enough - If enough people send bug reports and feature requests about the same thing to them they will likely fix it.

In the beta release we complained about the compression setting and the .vt format of the images so they changed it - Unfortunately, it looks like their first alternative is probably no better an maybe worse?

However, I am confident that if we continue to fill their support requests inbox and email inbox full of the similar request, that they will quickly provide a solution!

-------------
Will Best
Virtual Impressions Inc.
Real Estate Virtual Tours and Floor Plans

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register