Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: Slow Loading Scene Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by Kevin on March-06-2007 at 10:29am
View Kevin's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Kevin Search   Visit Kevin's Homepage www   Quote Kevin Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Kevin
Gold Member
Gold Member

May-24-2006
133 Posts
Hey folks,

Creating some new tours with TW2.0

Tour Sample Link

In the above tour the first scene starts before it is fully loaded, and some of the other scenes seems like that also are starting when the fully image isn't there. Any thoughts. Has any determine the best image size (pixel and kb) for a tour with that uses the Full Screen option.

--Kevin

-------------
--Kevin

http://www.webvisiontours.com/

Message posted by Kevin on March-06-2007 at 11:22am
View Kevin's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Kevin Search   Visit Kevin's Homepage www   Quote Kevin Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Kevin
Gold Member
Gold Member

May-24-2006
133 Posts
More information about me tour, here are the image specs:

lobby_83-86.jpg ---> 901 kb --> 2828px X 1414px

room5_11-14.jpg ---> 576 kb --> 2828px X 1414px

room5bath_23-26.jpg ---> 432 kb --> 2923px X 1369px

room5deck_57_60.jpg ---> 652 kb --> 2918px X 1370px

room5shower_53-56.jpg ---> 550 kb --> 2915px X 1373px

I know the lobby is a bit large. I am working with another vr photographer on this project, I have not do full processing yet, we are just putting together a skin concept when I noticed this issue.

--kevin

-------------
--Kevin

Message posted by Kevin on March-06-2007 at 1:13pm
Kevin
Gold Member
Gold Member

May-24-2006
133 Posts
I may have fixed things a little, I resized all to 2000px X 1000px. Some of them are not 2:1 ratio - like 2000px X 946px - Not good, maybe creating some issues. The first pano seems to delay a little - but at least on my system is was not "half" loading" it just pauses a little before showing up. Some of the other transitions looked better. All images file sizes were reduced.

I'm still interested in word of wisdom on image file size and dimensions. I have seen Smooths advice in the past, has anyone found something different with TW2.0?

-------------
--Kevin

Message posted by Kevin on March-06-2007 at 1:50pm
Kevin
Gold Member
Gold Member

May-24-2006
133 Posts
I thought I fixed the problem but there are still issues when moved to the web - images not fully loading - I see a box pattern and then the image appears.

Tour Sample

Thoughts?

-------------
--Kevin

Message posted by Thatone1785 on March-06-2007 at 7:44pm
View Thatone1785's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Thatone1785 Search   Visit Thatone1785's Homepage www   Quote Thatone1785 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Thatone1785
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
June-10-2006
154 Posts
I have seen the same thing in my TW2 Tours - It's just like when a QTVR tour is loading, you can see the 'grid' as it loads... I'm sure that this has something to do with the .jpe format?

Also, have you noticed that with larger viewer sizes and especially the full screen viewer, that as the scene pans around, that image is very fuzzy and almost looks pixelated, but the scene looks fine when it is not moving and the source images are plenty big for the viewer size?

I love the concept of the full screen panos and I think this gives TW users a huge advantage over the franchise tour companies like visual tour, real tour vision, etc... However, I will not enable this feature until they do something to make it smoother and make the images view properly. I have tried panos 4000*2000 and 6000*3000 - The scene looks fine when it is not moving, but it sure looks bad when it is - Is this just me?

-------------
Will Best
Virtual Impressions Inc.
Real Estate Virtual Tours and Floor Plans

Message posted by smooth on March-07-2007 at 12:09am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Kevin,

Firstly the image are over-sharpened and this makes for the shimmering display in the small applet window and the halo effect around all objects that is very evident in the full screen view. As for the square boxes this is an option you have chosen and it is doing what you have asked it to do. Publish Settings>HTML (Tab)>Stream Loading Try changing this to "Fill with color (BG color of viewer)" make sure you make the background the color of the skin or something pleasing.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by Kevin on March-07-2007 at 6:00am
Kevin
Gold Member
Gold Member

May-24-2006
133 Posts
Thank Smooth and Thatone,

I will alter the Publish Setting.

Smooth you mentioned "Firstly the image are over-sharpened" how can I avoid this? I not really sure what that means.

I'm still new at the concept of compression and preparing images for the right size/dimensions. Mostly I just use photo shop to resize and to compress jpeg to about 8 or 9. I tried KissMyImage, but did not like the results - it keep creating a gap in my image on the nadir.

Is there other software that can help me with getting image looking good, the right size, and dimension? (easy to use?) I shoot with a Canon Digital Rebel and Sigma 8mm. I always out put at max resolution when stitching (something I picked up from you), so I can edit and downsize later.

--Kevin

-------------
--Kevin

Message posted by smooth on March-07-2007 at 7:24am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Kevin,

I would need to know your complete "start to finish" work flow. The over sharpening is not from the camera or lens it is in one of your processes.

The "gap/hole" you speak of is because of an "alpha" channel that needs removing.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by Kevin on March-07-2007 at 8:31am
Kevin
Gold Member
Gold Member

May-24-2006
133 Posts
Smooth,

I checked my setting, I was using Fill with Color under Stream Loading.

My work flow, in general is as follows:

1) Capture images in RAW Canon Rebel with Sigma 8mm

2) Open the 4 RAW CR2 images in Adobe Camera RAW Select temperature and retype (so if it reads 4050 As shot, I retype 4050 so the temperature is now a Custom setting. Under Lens I add -40 for Fix Red/Cyan Fringe, Vignetting Amount 100 and Midpoint 12.

3) Select all images as press Synchronize so temp, Fix Red/Cyan, Vignetting, and Midpoint become the same for each image.

4) Save as Tiffs.

5) Open in PTgui and stitch.

6) Output in Max Size - Jpeg, Blended Panorama Only, Stitch using PTgui, Blend using Smartblend, Use fast transform, interpolator Lanczos.

7) Open Equirectangular image in Pano2QTVR and convert to Cubic. In Jpeg. Interpolator spline36 Gamma 1.0.

8) Edit the nadir and zenith in photoshop.

9) Convert back to Equirectangular with Pano2QTVR.

10) Open final image in Photoshop and change the dimensions by changing image size, usually to 4000 x 2000, Jpeg compression about 8 or 9.

11) Add images to TW.

-------------
--Kevin

Message posted by Kevin on March-07-2007 at 8:38am
Kevin
Gold Member
Gold Member

May-24-2006
133 Posts
Smooth,

I was checking your software recommendations and noticed the FANTASTIC Digital Darkroom software offered by FM Software. Would this help me in resizing my full panos from Max Size down to what I need for TW in one step? I know what I am doing is photshop is not ideal, but I'm not sure of the other way.

Or maybe I should be using KissMyImage and removing the alpha (not sure what that is or how to do it, my guess is it is in photoshop).

-------------
--Kevin

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register