Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: Uploading a virtual tour ????? Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by pedy on March-06-2007 at 2:31pm
View pedy's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by pedy Search   Quote pedy Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
pedy
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
February-23-2007
34 Posts
I have some questions regarding the uploading of a virtual tour. I'm a beginner and I would like to find out how other people upload their tours and where!
When you have a virtual tour done, and want to upload it, where so you usually upload it? I foud some websites such as Voyager360, or other similar sites where you can upload your tour for a fee, or there is a monthly fee for unlimited tours. When you upload a tour, what do you upload, just a file, or more files? If you have a lot of virtual tours, do they take a lot of space at the hosting company? When people are watching these tours, lets say at a Real Estate Company,in Java or QTVR, do they have to download the tour? Do you need a lot of bandwith to be able to show the virtual tour to a lot of people in the same time? Thnaks

Message posted by Thatone1785 on March-06-2007 at 7:04pm
View Thatone1785's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Thatone1785 Search   Visit Thatone1785's Homepage www   Quote Thatone1785 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Thatone1785
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
June-10-2006
154 Posts
If you aren't experienced with web hosting, the easiest way to host would be through a virtual tour hosting company. If you want to put real estate tours on the web there are many options. All the vt hosting companies have different limitations (such as tour types, maximum scene sizes, number of scenes).

The only way to get full control over your output is to design your own layout and purchase general web hosting from a company like hostmonster.com(shared hosting) or get a dedicated server from a company like godaddy.com. If you don't have experience doing these types of things (designing html pages and working with an FTP program) then this is not the option for you.

Your options for real estate hosting are:
- Erealtyweb.net - cheapest (only $20-35/month for unlimited tours) - Uploading tours is easy, but takes a long time as you can only choose to upload one image at a time.

- VRGuild.com - Yearly and per tour fees - Overall a great, very easy to you virtual tour hosting platform for virtual tour providers (not individual agents) - They will take the time to walk you through the process of getting your tours online.

- Voyager360.com - Offer different packages to providers and agents/brokers - Usually nearly unlimited tours for a reasonable monthly fee. Upload process probably not as easy as VRGuild, but probably cheaper. They claim that Kayyah.com posting is a big benefit although I'm certainly not convinced that it is, at least not yet anyway.

Hope this helps - Let me know if you have questions about these - I have used them all.

-------------
Will Best
Virtual Impressions Inc.
Real Estate Virtual Tours and Floor Plans

Message posted by pedy on March-06-2007 at 9:10pm
View pedy's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by pedy Search   Quote pedy Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
pedy
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
February-23-2007
34 Posts
Thanks very much for your help!
I have some experience with html and asp and FTP, so I think you are right, the best way is to purchase web hosting or a dedicated server from a good company. The only thing I have to find out, is if I can be an authorized Realtor.com virtual tour provider, so I don't have to use the third party companies such as Voyager360.com or VRGuild.com.

Message posted by Thatone1785 on March-06-2007 at 11:28pm
View Thatone1785's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Thatone1785 Search   Visit Thatone1785's Homepage www   Quote Thatone1785 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Thatone1785
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
June-10-2006
154 Posts
For realtor.com postings:
Go to picturepath.com - You can setup an account to send tours to Realtor.com for 19.95 each - no charge for showcase listings - no setup fees or monthly charges... Stay away from the Tourweaver upload program and other companies if you are going to host your own tours - Just go straight to Realtor.com with a picturepath account.

It only takes a few days to get setup - You will have to provide them with the domain name that you are going to use (you can have up to 3) and give them a sample tour link.

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register