Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Video tour vs virtual tour??? Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by pedy on March-06-2007 at 9:34pm
View pedy's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by pedy Search   Quote pedy Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
pedy
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
February-23-2007
34 Posts
I found an interesting point at Voyager360.com, they say that in the future the video tours are also going to be very good for marketing and advertising. There is a company at this address:
http://www.nashuavideotours.com/virtualtours/sample/sample_video_tour.html
who claims that virtual tours are not so good, and video tours are better. I think that both methods are ok, as long as they have quality and are done professionally. However, in a virtual tour poeple can look 5 minutes in one place if they wish, and look another 10 seconds in another place, they have this choice of looking wherever they want, for as long as they want. In a video tour, you don't have this options. Of course, the video tour may have some good points too. What thoughts and opinions do ou guys have about this new trend with video tours??

Message posted by eagle on March-06-2007 at 10:01pm
View eagle's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by eagle Search   Quote eagle Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
eagle
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

April-14-2004
382 Posts
Interesting indeed. It looks more like a TV show though.

One can do this also with the right gear. One can now buy prosumer HD cameras (miniDV or hard disk drive) for under $2K. Then the software, skill/experience, and of course tons of space on the server.

But with realtors being stingy already with the virtual tours, I'm not sure this will be a hit with them unless they are ultra top producers sellers homes in the millions. And even then, I know of a number of them who also don't want spend $$ on virtual tours.

Just my 2 cents.

Thanks,
eagle

Message posted by Thatone1785 on March-06-2007 at 11:37pm
View Thatone1785's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Thatone1785 Search   Visit Thatone1785's Homepage www   Quote Thatone1785 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Thatone1785
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
June-10-2006
154 Posts
I have seen many type of these video tours - The link you provided is the best I have seen, but it still only held my interest for about 20 seconds before I moved on to something else. Just like a commercial on tv.

Virtual tours I think will always be at an advantage because they are interactive - People who put down virtual tours are usually thing on some horrible Visual Tour Realtor produced mess of a slide show that they proudly put off as a so-called virtual tour...

There will always be a need for variety in real estate as competing agents don't want to be like everyone else. Personally, I think that the future is going to demand high-quality virtual tours that are truly interactive complete with hotspots and floor plans with radars and full screen viewing (I wish TW2 had a smoother full screen viewer) - and 3d floor plans as well... Just my opinion, but I think there will always be a strong market for high-quality virtual tours.

-------------
Will Best
Virtual Impressions Inc.
Real Estate Virtual Tours and Floor Plans

Message posted by smooth on March-07-2007 at 12:17am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

There is nothing stopping you from building a quality virtual tour and having a link or a hotspot to a video file of the same scene to give more coverage or specific information. For them to say Video is better than virtual tours is incorrect. Offer both and let the consumer decide ("IF" you can get the realtor to pay for it!)

Regards, Smooth

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register