Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: No Sound STILL... Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by mymelbeach on March-08-2007 at 7:58am
View mymelbeach's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by mymelbeach Search   Quote mymelbeach Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
mymelbeach
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
February-15-2005
58 Posts

I continue to have no sound in published tours. I can link directly to the sound html file in the sounds folder and hear the correct sound so I don't believe I have a browser problem. Can you members click on the following links and tell me if you hear sound in the test VT. 

http://bethere360.com/vt/test_sound/TourWeaver_test_sound.html

http://bethere360.com/vt/test_sound/sounds/movie_MovieSound.html

Thanks for your help!

Mel

-------------
Regards,
mymelbeach

Message posted by disjo on March-08-2007 at 8:21am
View disjo's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by disjo Search   Visit disjo's Homepage www   Quote disjo Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
disjo
Gold Member
Gold Member

August-10-2004
107 Posts
Do you host on a Linux-server?

I think so, because your second link didn't work.

If you change /sounds/ in /Sounds/ then I can acces this folder.
This means that in TW you also have to make sure that the folder name starts with a capital S (in this case).

The easiest solution:
change the folder 'Sounds' on your server to 'sounds', then it should work!

Message posted by Wide-Eyes on March-08-2007 at 11:20am
View Wide-Eyes's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Wide-Eyes Search   Visit Wide-Eyes's Homepage www   Quote Wide-Eyes Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Wide-Eyes
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-03-2005
569 Posts

Hi Mell

No sound when I view the tour. Sorry.

-------------
Best regards

Morten Andersen
- a newbie trying to improve

Message posted by mskp on March-08-2007 at 12:03pm
View mskp's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by mskp Search   Quote mskp Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
mskp
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

September-14-2006
329 Posts

Hi, Mel!

First tour: no sound
Second tour: only sound, no tour

Regards, Martin

Message posted by smooth on March-08-2007 at 12:31pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Mel,

I tested this for about two hours (using your tour) it doesn't work and I can't get it to work even after modifying the paths and folder names etc.

I have looked through the code of the HTML, Config and the .js files and I cannot see how that XML file is meant to work.

What is the "notes" folder and the XML file? Where did you get these and where are the instructions? Also what version of Tourweaver 2.0 are you using?

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by disjo on March-08-2007 at 1:21pm
View disjo's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by disjo Search   Visit disjo's Homepage www   Quote disjo Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
disjo
Gold Member
Gold Member

August-10-2004
107 Posts
Found the solution!

Change these lines

else
document.write('<embed src="'+musicsrc+'" hidden="true" border="0" width="0" height="2" autostart="true" loop="'+loopff+'"')
//-->

in movie_MovieSound.html to:

else
document.write('<embed src="'+musicsrc+'" hidden="true" border="0" width="0" height="2" autostart="true" loop="'+loopff+'" type="audio/mpeg">')
//-->

Did you see the type="audio/mpeg"?
FireFox can't play mp3 files without this setting.

BTW in IE everything worked fine for me on my own computer, when starting the tour from your website I got a 404-error (very quickly). See my first post, change the sounds-folder to Sounds, add the above to movie_MovieSound.html and I think the problem is solved.

Please let us know if it worked.

Message posted by smooth on March-08-2007 at 1:42pm
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Nope that is not the answer I tried this earlier tonight.

I looked at the complete file structure on Mel's server and tested it in so many ways it is unbelievable.

It doesn't work on my system with I.E 7.0 with either Sun or Microsoft Java or Firefox with Sun Java.

I have upload the "same" tour to my own servers and tested again. It simply doesn't work. (At least on a Unix server) and yes I have made sure the "CaSe" size match.

It does work using an "Actionscript" via a "button" but not as autorun MovieSound.

I want more info on the XML file and how that is supposed to play it's part.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by disjo on March-08-2007 at 3:10pm
disjo
Gold Member
Gold Member

August-10-2004
107 Posts

Link

Hi Smooth, please try the above link. It's the tour from Mel (I will remove your tour when Smooth looked at it) with my solution, and it works in both FF and IE7.

It's hosted on a Windows-server; I don't have access to a Linux-server anymore. (Changed webhost.)

Message posted by mymelbeach on March-08-2007 at 3:13pm
View mymelbeach's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by mymelbeach Search   Quote mymelbeach Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
mymelbeach
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
February-15-2005
58 Posts
disjo and Smooth,
First of all thanks to you both! I got more from you two in one day than I have from EP in over a month!!!
disjo,
your solution did fix my problem on the local side , so some progress is made. Thanks!
Smooth,
Thanks to you for your diligence. You are a great help here on this forum. I have spent for more hours over the last month trying everything feasible to make this work and it simply does not. My strongest guess is that it has something to do internally. It may be as simple as TW referencing a "Sounds" directory and writing to a "sounds" directory. Note the case issue...

In any case EP please take note that this is not fixed yet and please do not close my ticket again!!!!

Thanks again guys for the truly great support on the forum. Without you this product would have difficulty surviving.

Mel

-------------
Regards,
mymelbeach

Message posted by disjo on March-08-2007 at 3:24pm
disjo
Gold Member
Gold Member

August-10-2004
107 Posts
@mymelbeach: You're welcome!

@Smooth: please try my link (in my previous post)?. I'm curious if this link works on your computer (both IE and FF).

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register