Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: Windows Vista Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by Rob63 on March-08-2007 at 5:18pm
View Rob63's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Rob63 Search   Visit Rob63's Homepage www   Quote Rob63 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Rob63
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
January-30-2007
200 Posts

My laptop died and is being replaced under warranty.  But, now all computers come with Windows Vista.

Does anyone know if Tourweaver 2.0 and Panoweaver 4.0 work on a Windows Vista machine?

Thanks,

Robert

Message posted by Thatone1785 on March-09-2007 at 4:39am
View Thatone1785's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Thatone1785 Search   Visit Thatone1785's Homepage www   Quote Thatone1785 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Thatone1785
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
June-10-2006
154 Posts
Good luck with vista - I would complain and demand XP - Your EP software should work fine - That is after you click to allow it to download and click to allow the installer to open and click to allow the installer to continue installing and click to allow the installer to finish and click to allow anything you ever want to do - Have you seen the Mac commercial on tv where the pc just got an upgrade and he keeps saying "allow?, allow?, allow?" - So true -

I'm a little worried about vista and the future of our java based tours - I tried for hours to get vista to let me install java (it does not come with it) - I never got it to allow me to successfully install it. Needless to say, I am back to Windows XP... Maybe now that Billy is retiring microsoft will put out a half-way decent OS with features that consumers actually want and maybe even at a fair price? I guess only time will tell.

-------------
Will Best
Virtual Impressions Inc.
Real Estate Virtual Tours and Floor Plans

Message posted by Rob63 on March-09-2007 at 9:10am
View Rob63's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Rob63 Search   Visit Rob63's Homepage www   Quote Rob63 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Rob63
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
January-30-2007
200 Posts

Thanks.

I know it's going to be a problem, and I may have to buy Windows XP.

If you can't install Java in Vista, how is anyone going to view our tours?

That's the big question.

Message posted by smooth on March-09-2007 at 9:58am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

I have Vista Home Premium running on my Laptop and it has Java installed I have tested it with most java applets with Internet Explorer 7.0 and it works fine. As for running Easypano products I.E: Panoweaver and Tourweaver I'm unsure as I haven't loaded them to try.

Get Java at www.java.com

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by Rob63 on March-09-2007 at 10:15am
Rob63
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
January-30-2007
200 Posts

Thanks Smooth.

I feel a little better knowing Java is not an issue.  I'll be picking up the computer today with Vista Home Premium.  After intalling all of my software I'll report back any problems I encounter.

Thanks again.

Robert

Message posted by William on March-09-2007 at 11:06pm
View William's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by William Search   Visit William's Homepage www   Quote William Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
William
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
February-03-2007
10 Posts

I have developed several tours on vista. Bad news is when you run them and go to full screen it hangs up. I have tried 5 vista machines and they all lock while in full screen mode, I am going to several stores and going to try to run tours from other machines  to test as many as I can. Vista is being pushed and not much we can do. Even getting a machine with XP going to be difficult soon.  I have a ticket in to support.  I hope they are working on a flash solution now. That is going to be the way to go.

Going to need a flash solution quick!

Message posted by Thatone1785 on March-09-2007 at 11:57pm
View Thatone1785's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Thatone1785 Search   Visit Thatone1785's Homepage www   Quote Thatone1785 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Thatone1785
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
June-10-2006
154 Posts
I agree - I am really hoping for GOOD flash output - It was a breeze to get adobe flash player on vista for me - Windows did it on its own in a real hurry... Not sure why I never could get java - I tried going to java.com and tried the manual install and the auto install and never got it to work - Glad to hear that someone did - Now I know it is at least possible... I'm quite frustrated with vista overall... enough to make this mac hater switch to a mac... maybe...

Message posted by smooth on March-10-2007 at 1:12am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Vista is annoying but usable some things I like some I hate like the crappy MAC folder view YUK!

What's with changing the names of simple things? You have to look and look just to find the basic's only to realise they just changed it's name. CRAZY! Someone trying to justify there job I guess? It's like ebay you go there and the bloody buttons have moved for no good reason except some web designer though he'd better do something this week.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by Rob63 on March-10-2007 at 9:06am
Rob63
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
January-30-2007
200 Posts

Well, I've got my new Vista laptop, and I hate Vista!.. I'll be loading XP Pro soon.

What idiot decided to take away the "Identities" function from the Mail Program.  I have several different email accounts for different services, now I'll have to create seperate Users for each account, then log on and off to check my various email accounts.  I think not!

Every time you want to do something you have to give "permission" - what a bunch of idiots....  Nobody is trying to break into my computer!  Plus I'm behind a router/hardware firewall.

Now our tours aren't going to work well on Vista.  Yes I tested Full Screen as well in it locks up.  That was the big selling point for me, to be able to have Full Screen!

I'm not sure Flash is the asnwer.  I've never seen a Flash player that showed images crisp and clear.

Robert

Message posted by Thatone1785 on March-11-2007 at 3:53pm
Thatone1785
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
June-10-2006
154 Posts
Maybe check out Thunderbird for mail - I think it has identities and it is free (sister of Firefox) - I would be lost without mail identities in outlook... It's a great way to keep you stuff separated.

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register