Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: Flash output for Tourweaver? Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by eagle on March-17-2007 at 11:45am
View eagle's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by eagle Search   Quote eagle Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
eagle
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

April-14-2004
382 Posts
Hi Joe, Carolyn, and others at Easypano.

I see that you are making progress with TW and so far I like what I see with the demo (Quick Start Tutorial).

I have TW Version 1.3 and will likely move up to TW V2. I'm just wondering though if you plan on adding Flash output for TW?

Thanks,
eagle

Message posted by Rob63 on March-17-2007 at 5:28pm
View Rob63's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Rob63 Search   Visit Rob63's Homepage www   Quote Rob63 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Rob63
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
January-30-2007
200 Posts

I think I've read here on the forum that they are working on Flash for later in the year or maybe next year.  My experience has been that Flash players just don't look that good.  Quicktime is the clearest image I've seen to date and with everyone owning Ipods these days, I would think almost everyone has Quicktime on their computers.

Robert

Message posted by mymelbeach on March-18-2007 at 5:12am
View mymelbeach's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by mymelbeach Search   Quote mymelbeach Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
mymelbeach
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
February-15-2005
58 Posts
Rob63,
While I will agree that Flash until now has been inferior there are advances of late that will change your opinion. Flash Player 9 has the ability to play files compiled under the new ActionScript 3. It has the capability to run as fast as ten times the AS2 rival. There are Flash Panoramic viewers out there today that are using AS3 and the quality rivals Quicktime. It is very important for EP to stay in the game with Flash. If they don't have a Flash player, other developers can easily create a TW like interface in Flash and use the new Flash Panoramic viewers to create Virtual Tours.

Mel

-------------
Regards,
mymelbeach

Message posted by eagle on March-18-2007 at 8:42am
View eagle's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by eagle Search   Quote eagle Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
eagle
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

April-14-2004
382 Posts
Yep, I agree with Mel.

Without Flash, I think it will count as a negative against TW and will sway others to the competition.

Immervision employs flash viewer very well. They however lack a tour package that puts it all together like TW.

I've looked at 3DVista but I still prefer Tourweaver especially with the new upgrades they've incorporated. Plus it'll only cost me $200 to upgrade from TW1.3 pro to TW2 pro.

So, I do hope EP doesn't shun the idea of Flash and consider that as part of the Version 2 upgrade.

r,
eagle

Message posted by smooth on March-18-2007 at 9:12am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Guys,

Flash is going to happen as is evident with the Beta of Panoweaver 5.0 which can output to Flash. Easypano have stated that the flash viewer is imminent and that they only need cover the extra components that Tourweaver uses like Maps etc.

If you want to test Easypano Flash then download the Panoweaver 5.0 Trial and choose output to flash option.

See my sample here

Easypano have also stated here on the forum that 2.0 users will get the Flash upgrade for free when ready.

Eagle, take a tip from a previous customer stay well away from 3DMista.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by eagle on March-18-2007 at 10:11am
eagle
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

April-14-2004
382 Posts
Thanks smooth. This is great news.

I hope TW implements it soon! Actually, wouldn't it be great if EP could output Java, Flash, and Quicktime? With all the features TW now has, having different output formats will undoubtably make it the premier product of virtual tour packages!

I've been reading the thread on the other site with great interest. :)

Thanks,
eagle

Message posted by smooth on March-18-2007 at 11:28am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Eagle,

I wouldn't hold my breath about Quicktime and tours. The product that does this is not supported very well. Quicktime change things way too often to even try this I believe. Still it would be great.

I think the Flash Tours are very exciting.

As for the "thread" people know me and I shoot straight no matter where I am posting. So take my word for it.

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by Theo on March-18-2007 at 1:04pm
View Theo's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Theo Search   Quote Theo Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Theo
Standard Member
Standard Member
Canada
January-25-2007
35 Posts
Smooth,

Thank you for posting the flash sample. The quality and rotating is really good. I hope EP will give us the flash output soon.

The only feature that I wish TW 2 has right now, is adding a Tripod Cap, if they can make this happen ... I'm a happy guy

Message posted by smooth on March-18-2007 at 1:10pm
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Theo,

Typically the tripod cap is added via Easypano Panoweaver. Of course you can do this in Photoshop also.

Adding the feature to Tourweaver is a good idea though!

Regards, Smooth

Message posted by Rob63 on March-18-2007 at 1:32pm
View Rob63's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Rob63 Search   Visit Rob63's Homepage www   Quote Rob63 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Rob63
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
January-30-2007
200 Posts
I agree. This flash viewer is better than most I've seen.  I hope we can get Flash like this sometime this year.

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register