Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver
       Forum Search Results

Subject Topic: Sound Problems Persist Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by mymelbeach on March-18-2007 at 6:40pm
View mymelbeach's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by mymelbeach Search   Quote mymelbeach Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
mymelbeach
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
February-15-2005
58 Posts
Guys,
I wish I did not have to say this but I still have issues with sound not working. Here's the latest...

IE7 works locally but not from the server (UNIX)

FF does not work locally without the "type=mpeg" attribute.
FF does work from the server.

Go figure!

Please click on this link and tell me what you guys get...
As always thanks to the great support from the forum!

Test

Mel

-------------
Regards,
mymelbeach

Message posted by roadkillron on March-18-2007 at 8:40pm
View roadkillron's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by roadkillron Search   Visit roadkillron's Homepage www   Quote roadkillron Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
roadkillron
Gold Member
Gold Member

November-04-2006
156 Posts

Mel,

I have sound in IE 7 using your test link, but NOT in FF 1.5.0.10 or Netscape 8.1. Thats the opposite of what you have huh?

-------------
Roadkill

Message posted by mymelbeach on March-18-2007 at 8:53pm
View mymelbeach's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by mymelbeach Search   Quote mymelbeach Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
mymelbeach
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
February-15-2005
58 Posts
RKR,

My FF is 2.0.0.2.
I have tried 3 different systems with IE7 and none work so far.
It will be interesting to see what others get. I wonder how extensive EP tested this? I hope we have some expertise among our forum colleagues...

Seems that there are still issues here...

Mel

-------------
Regards,
mymelbeach

Message posted by roadkillron on March-18-2007 at 9:09pm
View roadkillron's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by roadkillron Search   Visit roadkillron's Homepage www   Quote roadkillron Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
roadkillron
Gold Member
Gold Member

November-04-2006
156 Posts

Ok Mel,

I downloaded FF 2.0.0.2 - it said something about Java 6.0 not being compatible with it, and it wouldn't be loading Java. I tried the URL anyway and the tour played fine, just no sound.

-------------
Roadkill

Message posted by mymelbeach on March-18-2007 at 9:44pm
mymelbeach
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
February-15-2005
58 Posts

Well it seems to be related to Norton.  If I turn off Norton Internet Security the sound will work.  But I can't see any specific settings to reconfigure it.

Suggestions anybody???

Mel

-------------
Regards,
mymelbeach

Message posted by roadkillron on March-18-2007 at 9:58pm
roadkillron
Gold Member
Gold Member

November-04-2006
156 Posts

It probably has something to do with popup's. Is there somewhere you can add your URL to the friendly list? Try looking under the Ad Blocking section, and add your site.

Note: Obviously this isn't a fix, just a work around, if you get it to work it still doesn't solve the problem for our users.

-------------
Roadkill

Message posted by mymelbeach on March-19-2007 at 5:59am
mymelbeach
Standard Member
Standard Member
United States
February-15-2005
58 Posts
RKR,
You are right... At first this did not work but after restarting my PC I was able to turn off popups and the sound came through.
Although you never actually see the popup I suppose the approach EP used with this additional html file to embed the sound files is the reason this sound was blocked. I haven't seen this approach before but I guess they had their reasons. Regardless I am happy to have the sound available.

Thanks again for your help!

Mel

-------------
Regards,
mymelbeach

Message posted by Rob63 on March-19-2007 at 8:47am
View Rob63's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Rob63 Search   Visit Rob63's Homepage www   Quote Rob63 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Rob63
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
January-30-2007
200 Posts

I'm using a machine with Windows Vista - Home Premium, IE 7.0 and Trend Microsystems Anit-Virus (Norton doesn't have anything that works with Vista, yet) -  your tour worked perfectly without changing any settings on my system.

Robert

Message posted by disjo on March-19-2007 at 2:11pm
View disjo's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by disjo Search   Visit disjo's Homepage www   Quote disjo Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
disjo
Gold Member
Gold Member

August-10-2004
107 Posts
Hi Mel,

I tested it on IE7 and on FF2.0.0.2, and both worked perfectly.

The only difference I noticed is, that in FF the sound started on the waitingscreen, and in IE it started after the tour was loaded.

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register