Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: Image Quality After Publish Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by roadrunner on March-21-2007 at 7:18am
View roadrunner's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by roadrunner Search   Quote roadrunner Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
roadrunner
Standard Member
Standard Member
Spain
November-21-2006
26 Posts

I shoot in RAW and then convert to tiff (PSE5) the images are then stitched in PW and saved as bitmap. They are then resized to 2 1/2 times the size of the viewer and saved as a jpeg under 'save for web' function. Image looks crisp when saved and I then publish the tour,  once this is done I replace the image that TW outputs with the original image but the quality is no better. The image is still blurred and not at all crisp. I use a D80 with 8mm sigma fisheye. Am I missing something?

http://www.virtuallythere.es/VTours/T43/Tourviewer_Targa43.html

-------------
Keep smiling....

Message posted by roadrunner on March-21-2007 at 7:21am
View roadrunner's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by roadrunner Search   Quote roadrunner Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
roadrunner
Standard Member
Standard Member
Spain
November-21-2006
26 Posts
Sorry forgot to mention the first image is edited in the way described above and the second image (bedroom) is simply resized to 1500 x 750 and then published. I cannot tell the difference between them as they both have a blurred effect. Any thoughts? Thanks

-------------
Keep smiling....

Message posted by daugaard47 on March-21-2007 at 9:58am
View daugaard47's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by daugaard47 Search   Quote daugaard47 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
daugaard47
Gold Member
Gold Member

November-10-2006
113 Posts
i don't think they look that bad.Did you try using the sharpening feature in photo shop?

Message posted by mstoss on March-21-2007 at 1:53pm
View mstoss's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by mstoss Search   Visit mstoss's Homepage www   Quote mstoss Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
mstoss
Gold Member
Gold Member
Germany
December-26-2006
141 Posts
You are right, the images look blurred. What version of TW do you use?

Michael

-------------
http://www.premiumpano.de

Message posted by roadrunner on March-21-2007 at 3:09pm
roadrunner
Standard Member
Standard Member
Spain
November-21-2006
26 Posts

Hi Michael, I use TW 1.3.

daugaard47, I have not used the sharpening feature in PSE as I dont think it will make a massive impact, my main concern is that I dont think I am getting anywhere near the best results possible from the equipment and software I am using.

Regards

-------------
Keep smiling....

Message posted by mstoss on March-21-2007 at 6:35pm
View mstoss's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by mstoss Search   Visit mstoss's Homepage www   Quote mstoss Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
mstoss
Gold Member
Gold Member
Germany
December-26-2006
141 Posts
Quote: Originally posted by roadrunner on March-21-2007

Hi Michael, I use TW 1.3.

Regards

I expected this, since the always blurred impression was the reason to me NOT to buy TW 1.3 but wait for 2.0 (well, there are other issues with that version... plenty of stuff to read in this forum). The TW 2.0 player is a lot sharper, but you have no opportunity to exchange the published scene images with your own optimized ones.

I don't think your problem is due to bad equipment (Sigma 8 and corresponding camera to produce RAW is absolutely ok) nor to poor software, if you are happy with the final result prior to publishing by TW.

If you want to continue using TW 1.3 and your original images are crisp without additional sharpening I would say: Give Photoshop Unsharp Mask filter a try. Resize your original to your target size, do the sharpening with different parameters and see what parameters give the best result.

For me, e.g. a 2000x1000 image works fine with something like 150 - 0,6 - 3, aiming at ptviewer images. Some settings above/below should give you a feeling, what you need for TW 1.3 to display your fine panoramas less blurred (you only need to change the two first parameters, I think).

Yours,
Michael

-------------
http://www.premiumpano.de

Message posted by roadrunner on March-22-2007 at 3:52pm
roadrunner
Standard Member
Standard Member
Spain
November-21-2006
26 Posts

Thanks for your reply Michael and your pm, I will give what you suggest a try and let you know the results.

Regards

Dave

-------------
Keep smiling....

Message posted by Theo on March-22-2007 at 6:48pm
View Theo's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Theo Search   Quote Theo Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Theo
Standard Member
Standard Member
Canada
January-25-2007
35 Posts
Dave,

My understanding is with TW 1.3 you can swap the compressed images produced by TW with your original panos. I wish I can do that in TW 2!

I don't think you need to sharpen. Why don't you just replace the compressed panos in the published files with your original (resized to 2 1/2 times the size of the viewer) panos.

Message posted by roadkillron on March-23-2007 at 12:41am
View roadkillron's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by roadkillron Search   Visit roadkillron's Homepage www   Quote roadkillron Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
roadkillron
Gold Member
Gold Member

November-04-2006
156 Posts
I wish we could do this in 2.0. I used the swaping images trick with 1.3 and love the flexibility of it.

-------------
Roadkill

Message posted by smooth on March-23-2007 at 3:26am
View smooth's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by smooth Search   Visit smooth's Homepage www   Quote smooth Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
smooth
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator
Australia
November-23-2002
5401 Posts

Yes, I agree.

The compression with Tourweaver doesn't give the results I want and certainly doesn't allow us to make the most of our panorama images. I tried to edit the paths and file extensions from .jpe to .jpg to see if I could find a way around this but it failed.

Personally it would be "PREFERABLE" if we got to choose a check box for Encryption like we did with Tourweaver 1.3 Pro. So we can use normal .jpg unencrypted and .jpe when we select encrypted.

Regards, Smooth

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register