Go Shopping Cart Site Map User Panel and Admin English Home

Home > Easypano Forum    Easypano Forum has been upgraded.

Easypano Forum

Welcome Guest Register Login Search The Forum Display List of Forum Members
 All Forums
  Tourweaver

Subject Topic: Need help testing. Every One Please! Post Reply Post New Topic
Message posted by daugaard47 on April-03-2007 at 2:35am
View daugaard47's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by daugaard47 Search   Quote daugaard47 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
daugaard47
Gold Member
Gold Member

November-10-2006
113 Posts
looks very good .nicely done

Message posted by roadkillron on April-03-2007 at 2:54am
View roadkillron's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by roadkillron Search   Visit roadkillron's Homepage www   Quote roadkillron Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
roadkillron
Gold Member
Gold Member

November-04-2006
156 Posts
I like it, well done tour all around, Nice Job!

-------------
Roadkill

Message posted by Wide-Eyes on April-03-2007 at 7:23am
View Wide-Eyes's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Wide-Eyes Search   Visit Wide-Eyes's Homepage www   Quote Wide-Eyes Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Wide-Eyes
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

May-03-2005
569 Posts

Hi Mike

Ok here are my thoughts and my experience with the tour.

1) Great design. It looks good. Both the skin and the images. Well done.

2) I like the fact that your site detect if the viewer uses a pop-up blocker. Nice touch. I would not mind if you taught me how to do that :o)

3) I like the snall info page that you start with. You give the viewers a chance to get familiar with what they are about to see, and you give a short explanation on how to navigate through the tour. Very nice touch.

4) As I can understand it you also host all the tours. It is a great way to make an extra income, and you got the total control to ensure that everything works. BUT in my experience most customers want the files them self so they can control what to do with them. It have been an important sales argument for me in many cases. And often I feel that I would not get the particular customer if I did not hand over the files.

I would love to hear other peoples experience with this as I have considered this many times.

5) The tour freeze at the "street at night" scene when I tried to view Full Screen. I had to close the tour and start from scratch.

6) I like the "map" function where you point the viewer to a Google map. BTW have you seen how Garry at 360panoramics uses Google maps? It is just excellent. You can see it here: http://www.360southwell.co.uk/Town%20Images.html

7) When you host the tour, then why not center the pop up window so it appears in the middle of the screen?? You can use a program like Wise Popup to do this.

I am exited to follow your work. I think that these days it is important to develop unique concepts, and emphasize on the design and quality.

Best regards

Morten

-------------
Best regards

Morten Andersen
- a newbie trying to improve

Message posted by Kevin on April-03-2007 at 2:32pm
View Kevin's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Kevin Search   Visit Kevin's Homepage www   Quote Kevin Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Kevin
Gold Member
Gold Member

May-24-2006
133 Posts
Morten,

Thanks for the feedback! I am Mike's partner - I did all the web and Tourweaver work. You make some great points. We are very excited about our first contract. However we know we still have a lot to learn.

You asked about the pop up detector - here it is:

In <head> tag place:

<script type="text/JavaScript" language="JavaScript">
var mine = window.open('','','width=1,height=1,left=0,top=0,scrollbars=no');
if(mine)
    var popUpsBlocked = false
else
    var popUpsBlocked = true
mine.close()
</script>

In your <body> tag place:

<script type="text/JavaScript" language="JavaScript">
if(popUpsBlocked)
   alert('We have detected that you are using popup blocking software.\nOur Virtual Tour uses popup windows for some enhanced features.\nTo ensure the best viewing experience please disable your popup blocker for this website.');
</script>

Notice in the body tag script there are "\n" these add line breaks.

That's it!

I hope it helps you.

-------------
--Kevin

http://www.webvisiontours.com/

Message posted by Rob63 on April-04-2007 at 5:21pm
View Rob63's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by Rob63 Search   Visit Rob63's Homepage www   Quote Rob63 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
Rob63
Gold Member
Gold Member
United States
January-30-2007
200 Posts

Looks good Mike.

A couple of things:

1) I don't see a play button.  When I click on a scene, it stops and I can look around, but I don't see a play button to resume the tour.  Maybe I just can't find it.

2) The two drop down boxes in the middle and on the right.  Why don't they show any text like the first box.  Again, I may be missing something here.

Just my observations, otherwise looks really good.

Robert

Message posted by rfh12002 on April-04-2007 at 6:25pm
View rfh12002's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by rfh12002 Search   Visit rfh12002's Homepage www   Quote rfh12002 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
rfh12002
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

July-07-2005
770 Posts

Hi there

I've tried it on aol and I can't get the tour images to come up. I'll try again on IE and I'll see what happens.  The skin looks great!
F

Message posted by rfh12002 on April-04-2007 at 6:27pm
View rfh12002's Profile Profile   Search for other posts by rfh12002 Search   Visit rfh12002's Homepage www   Quote rfh12002 Quote   Send Private Message Send Msg  
rfh12002
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

July-07-2005
770 Posts

OK ignore that

Its working fine now and looks good!

If you wish to post a reply to this thread you must first Login
If you are not already registered you must first register